User
Pass
2FA

Windows 10 Update / Read-only cant be removed due the update
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message4144
ivow95

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-07-2020 00:19)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 22:16:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

My client or sitts in background of task manager or gives me storage component CAS error.

Take in mind i tryed everything from whole forum.

EDIT: if my Data is read only i get CAS error, if i remove read only , the game doesnt move from background proceses in task manager

Last edited by ivow95 on 24-09-2019, 07:56:18; edited 3 times in total
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 24-09-2019, 15:39:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Makes perfect sense, and the conclusion is still the same: You're missing data.

When starting the game, the first thing it does is writing something to the shmem file inside the data folder - if this file is set to read only, you get the storage component CAS error right away.
The next thing the game does is checking whether or not the data files are present and compatible. Should it find any errors, it'll attempt to download files from Blizzard's CDN. However, since all data from versions older than 8.0.1 have been removed from said CDN in March, it's unable to do so. It should show a small CAS error window after a while (several hours) saying "failed to load manifest for patch 70205 at key [insert a very long gibberish code]".

Can you upload screenshots of the following, please?
-The properties of the Data -> data folder (filesize especially)
-The contents of the Data -> config folder
-The contents of the Data -> indices folder

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

ivow95

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 24-09-2019, 17:27:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

okay i took some screen shots

check this https://imgur.com/a/2SqqTqO

i noticed there is one Data folder as Rar file, is that supposed to be like that?

Last edited by ivow95 on 24-09-2019, 17:29:32; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 24-09-2019, 18:14:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yes, that is correct.

What's not correct is the filesize of the data folder. It should be 42.9 GB.

You are missing data.040, data.041 and data.042.

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

ivow95

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 24-09-2019, 18:22:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wow... is there a way for you to pack those files and post them here cuz everytime i do force re check and download on torret it doesnt download those data files?

and for the record , friend of mine also has only up to data.039 and his game is running normaly.

Those files are not included in torrent download, i tought lets download them separately and just copy/paste them in Data>data folder
there were no Data.040 data.041 data.042 files included

i want to fix this tonight so i can play...

Last edited by ivow95 on 24-09-2019, 20:12:36; edited 3 times in total
0 0

cryptonite26

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-08-2020 23:02)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 14:33:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yeah also downloaded the client from the torrent in the link from freakz, my alt is now stuck in Dust Wallow Marsh. I'm downloading another server's legion client and then gonna download the freakz launchers and see if that works.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 14:39:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

ivow95 wrote:
Wow... is there a way for you to pack those files and post them here cuz everytime i do force re check and download on torret it doesnt download those data files?

and for the record , friend of mine also has only up to data.039 and his game is running normaly.

Those files are not included in torrent download, i tought lets download them separately and just copy/paste them in Data>data folder

Not possible due to how the client handles these files. You see how each of these Data files has a size of exactly 1.048.576 KB? (This equals 1 GB)
The way it works is that the data is split into parts, with seemless transitions from 1 file to the next. This goes on until the last bit of data is reached, the last file is smaller in size.

Now, since your client ends on data.039 but mine ends on data.042, that seemless transition isn't given, the client would fail to read these files.

cryptonite26 wrote:
Yeah also downloaded the client from the torrent in the link from freakz, my alt is now stuck in Dust Wallow Marsh. I'm downloading another server's legion client and then gonna download the freakz launchers and see if that works.

It won't, unless the other server runs on the exact same patch and build as we do. (7.2.5.24742) Up- or downgrading between patches is no longer possible since Blizzard removed the data from the CDN back in March.

0 0

cryptonite26

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 14:44:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
ivow95 wrote:

Not possible due to how the client handles these files. You see how each of these Data files has a size of exactly 1.048.576 KB? (This equals 1 GB)
The way it works is that the data is split into parts, with seemless transitions from 1 file to the next. This goes on until the last bit of data is reached, the last file is smaller in size.

Now, since your client ends on data.039 but mine ends on data.042, that seemless transition isn't given, the client would fail to read these files.

cryptonite26 wrote:

It won't, unless the other server runs on the exact same patch and build as we do. (7.2.5.24742) Up- or downgrading between patches is no longer possible since Blizzard removed the data from the CDN back in March.

so basically I'm screwed since their torrent is also incomplete just like my original game (was still downloading certain areas) gonna give up pretty soon can't even do mog runs.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 14:48:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I really fail to see the issue here, I don't know what's causing these problems for you.

The torrent works perfectly fine, the only real problem I'm aware of is when you try downloading it through a WebTorrent client, that will cause incomplete and missing files, but as long as you use a proper Torrent client (most people use uTorrent) there really shouldn't be anything wrong.

Are you trying to download through WiFi, is your connection unstable and cuts off a lot? That would be a plausible explanation, but other than that, there's no reason for these problems to occur.

Only other thing I can recommend is to let a friend or someone else download the client for you, make sure it works, then transfer it through an external hard drive.

0 0

cryptonite26

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:43:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
I really fail to see the issue here, I don't know what's causing these problems for you.

The torrent works perfectly fine, the only real problem I'm aware of is when you try downloading it through a WebTorrent client, that will cause incomplete and missing files, but as long as you use a proper Torrent client (most people use uTorrent) there really shouldn't be anything wrong.

Are you trying to download through WiFi, is your connection unstable and cuts off a lot? That would be a plausible explanation, but other than that, there's no reason for these problems to occur.

Only other thing I can recommend is to let a friend or someone else download the client for you, make sure it works, then transfer it through an external hard drive.

do you play from this torrent? can you go to dustwallow marsh and confirm it working for me please? I play 100% fine in Broken Isles

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:44:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't play with the current torrent on this PC (although I have it downloaded), my version of the game that I actively use is an old 7.1.5 version from retail, patched to 7.2.5 back when that was still possible on release day of 7.2.5 on WoW Freakz.

0 0

cryptonite26

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:49:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
I don't play with the current torrent on this PC (although I have it downloaded), my version of the game that I actively use is an old 7.1.5 version from retail, patched to 7.2.5 back when that was still possible on release day of 7.2.5 on WoW Freakz.

The torrent for me works 100% fine in a lot of zones. my issue is specific zones like Dusk Wallow Marsh for example which is why I'm asking to please specifically test that zone for me on that client so that I know if I have to keep redownloading this for the 4th time or if there is an issue that needs to be fixed. I can kinda get most zones running between my 2 installs but both of them haven't downloaded dust wallow marsh yet it seems.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:49:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What place exactly in Dustwallow?

0 0

cryptonite26

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:52:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
What place exactly in Dustwallow?

Theramore

edit: also my torrent from freakz is also only around 40 gb instead of 42 gb

Last edited by cryptonite26 on 25-09-2019, 16:58:08; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:59:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Seems fine, I am in Theramore, walked around, flew a few circles around it.. no problems.

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 13:58:27
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x