User
Pass
2FA

Remove CD reset after duel

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1568
Shadowy

[Creep]

(since 02-09-2017 16:49)

Votes: 40

Post Posted: 09-05-2014, 16:43:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I suggest to remove the CD reset after duels and the reasons are:
-it's a custom thing = non blizzlike
-playing with CDs in a 1v1 will improve your gameplay because you need to think what CDs you have to use and how to avoid the opponent CDs in order to win.
-no point to have it there

0 0

Domminus

[Far From The Fame]

(since 20-04-2021 10:15)

Votes: 14

Post Posted: 09-05-2014, 20:16:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shadowy wrote:
-playing with CDs in a 1v1 will improve your gameplay because you need to think what CDs you have to use and how to avoid the opponent CDs in order to win.
6 pts for you, cuz this is one of the best topics arround for PvP!
/Cheer

0 0

Gudbror

[I just wasted 20 rep]

(since 22-07-2016 14:53)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 09-05-2014, 20:29:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shadowy wrote:

1- There is so many custom things around freakz, so i don't think is a valid reason.

2- What's wrong about that? it helps us out to know what cds we can use better to fight another classes, basically we learn faster.

3- Ofc there is a point to have it there, who would want to wait 5 minutes after every duel for using a long cd?

The only gamebreaking part about the "feature" is that it screws up World PvP in many ocassions.

0 0

Domminus

[Far From The Fame]

Post Posted: 09-05-2014, 22:43:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gudbror wrote:
Shadowy wrote:

1- There is so many custom things around freakz, so i don't think is a valid reason.

2- What's wrong about that? it helps us out to know what cds we can use better to fight another classes, basically we learn faster.

3- Ofc there is a point to have it there, who would want to wait 5 minutes after every duel for using a long cd?

The only gamebreaking part about the "feature" is that it screws up World PvP in many ocassions.

1- Yes, yes and no... every private server is like that..etc
2- Everything is wrong with cds, people're more dump'r with them. And you lose feeling playing like that.
3- Every single real Pvp player, and serious there is no point.
P.s: About World PvP, there is nothing wrong.. except for some 'tards who are farming low lvls.
/Cheer

0 0

Aliziea

[2 Good 4 You]

(since 16-06-2017 19:44)

Votes: 108

Post Posted: 09-05-2014, 23:20:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shadowy wrote:

So improving your gameplay is bad for the server O_O?
Also don't only think about the pvp guys, the fact that duels resets your cds is pretty usefull. There are alot of spells with high cd and reseting them with a duel is pretty good if you wipe / just want to do more dps and things like that

0 0

Shadowy

[Creep]

Post Posted: 09-05-2014, 23:28:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gudbror wrote:
Shadowy wrote:

1. They removed those benches around the Arena Spectator NPC, it had no harm to the gameplay and still they removed it.
2. How can you learn your class when you always have CDs ready? Do you always have your CDs up in BG? What if you end up in a 1v1 in arena and you don't have all your CDs?
3. So, how come all the players except Freakz, have the patience to wait 5 mins for such a cd? Also thats the point. Not being able to use all your CDs and still make it up to beat your enemy, and when you do such a thing, you will feel that you improve everytime it happens.

This suggestion will increase the PvP level for those who really want to get better, and change the community mentality from " haha you lost,noob" to "you had low chances to beat me cuz X CD, but at least you tried".

Also, wouldn't you feel better when you beat a guy who had all his CDs up and you made it with half of them because you push'd yourself?

During Wotlk, i`ve learned a lot of things about how to use your CDs properly knowing your enemy's CD. I will give you one example: I don't have block neither cold snap and i know that my enemy got everything except vanish and preparation. I don't have block for his CoS&dance but if i keep my advantage without geting low, i will have higher chances to win the duel because he doesn't have vanish neither preparation which would reset the fight. Obviusly during the duel his CDs might come up so you get aware of this and in time you will understand how offensive he can be with his CDs.
The next duel, he will get some CDs up, but also i get my block and so on. In order to win a duel, you need to know what CDs he got, what CDs you have so you know when to use them which will lead to a better gameplay.

0 0

Gudbror

[I just wasted 20 rep]

(since 22-07-2016 14:53)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 10-05-2014, 15:11:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Domminus wrote:

P.s: About World PvP, there is nothing wrong.. except for some 'tards who are farming low lvls.
/Cheer

What i meant about World PvP, is that many people while are in group, and kill somebody of the other faction, as soon as the guy is dead, they duel to their friend, to get the cds back, thats why i said is kinda gamebreaking.

Shadowy, you have so many valid reasons and i think it's a good idea, i didn't see it from that point of view, but still i wouldn't like this to get removed because i already know how to counter other people when i don't have certain cds or even 1v1 in arena when i don't have my cds, and etc.

Maybe we should make this a poll, many people won't agree and viceversa, and it's better to see what the community thinks about it.

0 0

Shadowy

[Creep]

Post Posted: 10-05-2014, 15:19:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gudbror wrote:
Domminus wrote:

/Cheer

Shadowy, you have so many valid reasons and i think it's a good idea, i didn't see it from that point of view, but still i wouldn't like this to get removed because i already know how to counter other people when i don't have certain cds or even 1v1 in arena when i don't have my cds, and etc.

Yeah. You and 20 more players. That's not enough, and as i said this would increase the PvP level in time.

0 0

Domminus

[Far From The Fame]

Post Posted: 10-05-2014, 18:12:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gudbror wrote:
Domminus wrote:

/Cheer

What i meant about World PvP, is that many people while are in group, and kill somebody of the other faction, as soon as the guy is dead, they duel to their friend, to get the cds back, thats why i said is kinda gamebreaking.
My bad, i didn't want to offend.
You're right, you said it more better then me.
/Cheer

0 0

Macedo931
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-05-2015 13:04)

Votes: 49

Post Posted: 10-05-2014, 18:12:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Aliziea wrote:
Shadowy wrote:

So improving your gameplay is bad for the server O_O?
Also don't only think about the pvp guys, the fact that duels resets your cds is pretty usefull. There are alot of spells with high cd and reseting them with a duel is pretty good if you wipe / just want to do more dps and things like that

This ^. Resetting CDs won't benefit only PvP players, but PvE ones as well, especially when there's a freshly released boss with a bunch of bugs present and raid wipes are bound to happen, and you can't afford to wait those 30 minutes for Reincarnation to go off cd.

Shadowy wrote:
This suggestion will increase the PvP level for those who really want to get better, and change the community mentality from " haha you lost,noob" to "you had low chances to beat me cuz X CD, but at least you tried".

How many players do you know that will actually praise the other player for losing? 98% of the players don't do that. Get real.

0 0

Shadowy

[Creep]

Post Posted: 10-05-2014, 19:11:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well, this is another huge reason to remove it and you just mentioned it. It's not blizzlike to be able to remove your CDs after a wipe. Also you already have unlimited ressurections in raids, which means you already have a huge advantage. So it's not enough that you have multiple ress's than it's normal, you want to be able to reset reincarnation and other combat resses spells.
This is indeed very blizzlike.not

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by mayavin, 03 November 2014 21:12

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 04-05-2024, 16:36:04
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x