User
Pass
2FA

more raids and rdf and bg
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message19086
Taelan

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-04-2018 16:49)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 09:35:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Mofuu wrote:
If the server wasn't filled with with so many frustrated kids maybe there would be a chance of making a decent 25h raiding guild. ***, we could make 2 runs at the same time from all the people i know at least on the Alliance side. But everyone enjoys drama more than good fun and raiding, sooo we have 3-4 "good" guilds, and each of those guilds has a core of 6-10 skilled players, and than theres the leeches that somehow got into the guilds.

Idk whats the state in TCK, i just know before i stopped playing on Freakz Ominence was filling up with people not worthy of even stepping into a HC raid. Afaik most of the "good" players have stopped playing here, its just not worth spending 3 hours in a raid when you don't even need anything (and even if you do a ring's gonna drop), specially in a 25man where theres so many scrubs that are bound to *** the simplest thing up.

Anyway, Mofu and Crysis still bestest. Cya when Spine comes out Freak, we gonna carry em again! Till than, enjoy the 5mans huehue.

This is getting a bit off-topic, but can you please define "skilled" ? I don't see how skill is relevant to PvE, since you already know the pre-determined rotation of the boss, not to mention that it gets even more simple if you have addons such as DBM. The only thing you need to do HCs is the proper gear and a brain in order to perform the simple actions which are displayed on the center of your screen with giant red letters. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone who does PvE is a skill-less scrub, I'm just saying that the amount of skill required to do HCs is not even comparable to the amount of skill required to be successful in any sort of PvP (except if you are playing a mage/hunter)

Moving on to the main topic of the thread.
Horde and Alliance doing BGs together: Arena-Tournament has this implemented and it honestly feels akward as shit. When I play as my Alliance characters and I see an Orc,Tauren or any race of the horde, the first though that comes to my mind is to attack it, but I'm unable to do so, since they are on my team. All in all, this makes keeping track of who's on your team really hard.

Horde and Alliance doing Raids and Dungeons:
This might be what Exodus needs, since due to the low population it often takes an hour or so to find the last tank or healer for your PUG. This would greatly benefit players (such as myself) who are not in a raiding guild and are completely reliant on PUGs. It also makes sense from a lore point of view. Why would the two major factions be in war while Deathwing is just about to destroy their world ?

0 0

Rainek

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2017 14:24)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 10:46:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Taelan wrote:
I don't see how skill is relevant to PvE

That's why only thing you can achieve in pve is pugging 4/6 ds normal.

@topic - why exodus and genesis just can't be merged and get back to good ol' times when i was starting here - 1 ro/international realm, 2 global channels, full of ppl ?

0 0

Incarnate

[most valuable player]

(since 21-01-2017 00:44)

Votes: 21

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 11:23:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Taelan wrote:

(except if you are playing a mage/hunter)

And right here we can tell just how much u know bout pvp your self..
Rainek wrote:

@topic - why exodus and genesis just can't be merged and get back to good ol' times when i was starting here - 1 ro/international realm, 2 global channels, full of ppl ?

I'm asking the same thing. Realm with 500 people ain't no realm.... it's not like this is some groundless demands here.
Right now new people open this site and they see 1 realm with 800 people and another with 400 and they are like: k, ima go in the 800 realm but then they see it's romanian only and they are like: oh, so I am forced to play on the 400 people reailm? *** this, im out, cya, next server.

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 12:47:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Taelan wrote:
When I play as my Alliance characters and I see an Orc,Tauren or any race of the horde, the first though that comes to my mind is to attack it, but I'm unable to do so,

Enough internet for today.

Posturi unite automat, 18-06-2014, 13:47:28

Incarnate wrote:
Taelan wrote:

(except if you are playing a mage/hunter)

And right here we can tell just how much u know bout pvp your self..

+1

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
0 0

Kathie

[Gládiatør]

(since 28-10-2014 11:33)

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 12:48:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Taelan wrote:
Mofuu wrote:
If the server wasn't filled with with so many frustrated kids maybe there would be a chance of making a decent 25h raiding guild. ***, we could make 2 runs at the same time from all the people i know at least on the Alliance side. But everyone enjoys drama more than good fun and raiding, sooo we have 3-4 "good" guilds, and each of those guilds has a core of 6-10 skilled players, and than theres the leeches that somehow got into the guilds.

Idk whats the state in TCK, i just know before i stopped playing on Freakz Ominence was filling up with people not worthy of even stepping into a HC raid. Afaik most of the "good" players have stopped playing here, its just not worth spending 3 hours in a raid when you don't even need anything (and even if you do a ring's gonna drop), specially in a 25man where theres so many scrubs that are bound to *** the simplest thing up.

Anyway, Mofu and Crysis still bestest. Cya when Spine comes out Freak, we gonna carry em again! Till than, enjoy the 5mans huehue.

This is getting a bit off-topic, but can you please define "skilled" ? I don't see how skill is relevant to PvE, since you already know the pre-determined rotation of the boss, not to mention that it gets even more simple if you have addons such as DBM. The only thing you need to do HCs is the proper gear and a brain in order to perform the simple actions which are displayed on the center of your screen with giant red letters. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone who does PvE is a skill-less scrub, I'm just saying that the amount of skill required to do HCs is not even comparable to the amount of skill required to be successful in any sort of PvP (except if you are playing a mage/hunter)

Moving on to the main topic of the thread.
Horde and Alliance doing BGs together: Arena-Tournament has this implemented and it honestly feels akward as shit. When I play as my Alliance characters and I see an Orc,Tauren or any race of the horde, the first though that comes to my mind is to attack it, but I'm unable to do so, since they are on my team. All in all, this makes keeping track of who's on your team really hard.

Horde and Alliance doing Raids and Dungeons:
This might be what Exodus needs, since due to the low population it often takes an hour or so to find the last tank or healer for your PUG. This would greatly benefit players (such as myself) who are not in a raiding guild and are completely reliant on PUGs. It also makes sense from a lore point of view. Why would the two major factions be in war while Deathwing is just about to destroy their world ?

U *** MAD?

0 0

Avitohol

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-04-2016 16:54)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 13:38:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hawtydaboss wrote:

+1

why do u comment on pvp when u dont even play it? I havent seen u win a single arena last year on the server.

I support merging the two realms into one - hope i can buypass 2600 rating then -

0 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-10-2019 19:56)

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 16:03:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Merging Exodus with Genesis is still, and by far i think, the best idea you can work on to improve the "call" for new players. I'd leave Alliance and Horde on their side, as many ppl already said this game also has a lore which is giving a reason to play this or that class/spec, indivudually talking.

I'd work a bit on global chat issues related to the merge, but imo it's totally worth it. a Realm of 2k+ players would solve bgs/arena queues, would improve the quality of pug raids (since you have more chances to replace non appropriate players) and guilds (a bigger flow of players to catch).

0 0

sheLby

[Screwed Freak]

(since 02-11-2022 23:28)

Votes: 249

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  sheLbyPOL 
Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 16:12:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Berna wrote:
Merging Exodus with Genesis is still, and by far i think, the best idea you can work on to improve the "call" for new players. I'd leave Alliance and Horde on their side, as many ppl already said this game also has a lore which is giving a reason to play this or that class/spec, indivudually talking.

I'd work a bit on global chat issues related to the merge, but imo it's totally worth it. a Realm of 2k+ players would solve bgs/arena queues, would improve the quality of pug raids (since you have more chances to replace non appropriate players) and guilds (a bigger flow of players to catch).

+1000000000000000

0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 16:12:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

We will (most probably, still not 100%) do cross-faction raids/battlegrounds.

Merging the realms would be a bad decision overall.

You would complain about the Romanians on channels, about losing your names, about losing your arena teams, guild reputations and so forth.

And in the future (if ever) the population grows so much that we must extend to a normal realm again, it would be SO MESSY.

Cross-faction stuff should be clean enough to make the raid finders / rdf / bgs more populated.

0 0

DisCosmin
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 31-01-2017 09:27)

Votes: 86

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 16:38:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zohlomg wrote:
Cross-faction stuff should be clean enough to make the raid finders / rdf / bgs more populated.

Seems legit for me. - - -

0 0

Mofuu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-04-2015 21:55)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 17:42:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Taelan wrote:
Mofuu wrote:

If skill never existed in PvE as you say, than there wouldn't be any reason for guilds, or any world famous raiding guilds as Vodka, Method ect. Lets take an example, two players, in same gear, same class, same raid environment. One is doing 55k dps the other one is doing 40k. Obviously one is more skilled than the other, and knows his class in and out. I've seen examples of this on freakz. One of those players knows every fight and knows how to learn the upcoming fights trough various methods (be it youtube or dungeon journal). The other one comes to raids unprepared, expects the raid leader to hold his hand trough the entire encounter. To one of them you need to explain it every time, and tell him his role every time, tell him do this do that during the fight. The other one can think on his own, pay attention to the rest of the raid, utilize his raid cooldowns in the best way to help the entire raid group. One will just burn all his cds at the start of the fight, the other will save them for when they are needed. He will notice someone *** up (i.e. on bouncing the ball on Zon) and will correct his mistake without being told to do so by the leader. I could go on and on about this, but theres no point, except that theres more unskilled than skilled PvE players left on Freakz, in Ominence and other guilds that i talk with about the state of the server.

To sum it up, here the qualities that i think make a good PvE player:

-Self awareness
-Raid awareness
-Being able to make decisions on the spot and fast
-Confidence
-Knowledge of your class (all of them preferably)

And the last one that is a repeating pattern but not a rule, but most players that are above average in PvP are above average in PvE as well. My guess is that to be good at PvP you need all of the above qualities and if you can get good at fighting other people that will make a different decision every time you fight them than fighting a boss that does the same stuff over and over again should not present a problem for you.

Most of the people i see on Freakz do 60 to 70% of the dps they should be doing, don't know how to think on their own, need to be told what to do every time they raid and at the end of the day those few that are in your raid make it impossible to kill a boss without problems. I consider myself to be high above Freakz average and i was used to raid with people better than me or equal so thats why i see no pleasure to raid here anymore. Some may call it elitist or douchy, i just strive to always associate my self with those better than me since thats an environment where you thrive the most.

Taelan

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-04-2018 16:49)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 18:08:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Rainek wrote:
Taelan wrote:
I don't see how skill is relevant to PvE

That's why only thing you can achieve in pve is pugging 4/6 ds normal.

If you are saying that I don't know jack shit about PvE, you are downright wrong. True, I may not playing PvE that often since the new patch came, but I cleared everything in BWD 25 hc back in the days with my old guild, therefore, your arguement is invalid.

Avitohol wrote:
Hawtydaboss wrote:

+1

why do u comment on pvp when u dont even play it? I havent seen u win a single arena last year on the server.

Got 2,1k playing as double rogue, I was assassination and my friend was combat, and we didn't even break a sweat, not to mention the hours I've put in on Arena Tournament. So again, invalid arguement

[quote="Mofuu"][quote="Taelan"]
Mofuu wrote:

To sum it up, here the qualities that i think make a good PvE player:

-Self awareness
-Raid awareness
-Being able to make decisions on the spot and fast
-Confidence
-Knowledge of your class (all of them preferably)

And the last ...

Thank you, for actually giving constructive criticism to my statement, rather than blindly raging and hating like the mentally-ill individuals, who I quoted above.
Your post gave me something to think about. I didn't take the qualities, which you mentioned, in account, because I though that everyone possesed them.
So I guess mastering those simple things is what makes you good in PvE. You succeeded in changing my opinion, for which I thank you.

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 19:35:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Avitohol wrote:
Hawtydaboss wrote:

+1

I support merging the two realms into one - hope i can buypass 2600 rating then -

Off-topic: Are you fcking kidding me ? xD I had nearly 300 wins and 10 losses when season ended your madness is going fair due to the facts being low player and posting senseless posts with stupid 12 years old kiddo logic in them.I've said it and i will say it again,people are getting farmed around 30 games then they win once and you're already a bad cuz they're throwing c*m in their pants since they finally won you because you played with some random rogue that cannot even play,if your madness keeps being on you can pm me ingame or wherever for a match i need rating anyways.Could give some screenshots from AT to show you if i was not active @PvP.

OT: Zohl you should really delete all those stupid kiddo posts with 0 logic in them "Poorguy crits me for 100k blast cuz im bad and i cannot avoid damage" so the topic can become clear actually.Cheers and the idea about merging realms is amazing tho.

Posturi unite automat, 18-06-2014, 20:35:22

Taelan wrote:

Got 2,1k playing as double rogue, I was assassination and my friend was combat, and we didn't even break a sweat, not to mention the hours I've put in on Arena Tournament. So again, invalid arguement

Teach me senpai Call Me Call Me Call Me Not Worthy Not Worthy

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
0 0

Macedo931
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-05-2015 13:04)

Votes: 49

Post Posted: 18-06-2014, 19:49:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Taelan wrote:
I don't see how skill is relevant to PvE, since you already know the pre-determined rotation of the boss, not to mention that it gets even more simple if you have addons such as DBM. The only thing you need to do HCs is the proper gear and a brain in order to perform the simple actions which are displayed on the center of your screen with giant red letters. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone who does PvE is a skill-less scrub, I'm just saying that the amount of skill required to do HCs is not even comparable to the amount of skill required to be successful in any sort of PvP (except if you are playing a mage/hunter

Beside the qualities Mofuu mentioned, I'd like to point out that this isn't retail, and that the boss fights here aren't that predictable as Dungeon Journal or YouTube might say. I have a harder time healing WoE here with 408 ilvl Resto Shaman than I had on retail with barely enough ilvl to enter the queue for HC dungeon. Wanna charge Sylvanas before the fight? NP, let's bug her up and make her spam her spells so that even the most adaptive healers can rarely keep up with it.

Another thing. The same way you need to know the bosses spells, cooldowns and such (tactics in short), in PvP you should know the class you are fighting against, and what to do according to the spells/attacks your opponent, your opponent's and your own teammate uses. Same thing happens in PvE, only in a bigger scale, so you can't really judge what is actually better or harder (PvE or PvP) judging from only one perspective. I'd say they are pretty equal, it's only that some people have a knack for one more than the other for reasons known (or not) only to them.

0 0

tantawi7

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-08-2014 09:57)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 19-06-2014, 04:27:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zohlomg wrote:
We will (most probably, still not 100%) do cross-faction raids/battlegrounds.

Merging the realms would be a bad decision overall.

You would complain about the Romanians on channels, about losing your names, about losing your arena teams, guild reputations and so forth.

And in the future (if ever) the population grows so much that we must extend to a normal realm again, it would be SO MESSY.

OK well here's a simple solution to all of this. But first, let me explain why you actually need to be merging the realms.
1. Many social studies show and prove that 1 big group survives way longer than 2 smaller groups, that combined, are the same number. So, if you want to think long term and actually want to keep freakz alive, you need to combine the forces.
2. By having 1 realm, everyone will somehow be treated the same, there will be no more talks about Exodus being put aside or being less important.
3. People should stop being complete douche bags and start opening their mind a bit. Who cares if this communitiy is romanian or not? It just actually gives a chance to everyone to know more about other and stop the ME,MYSELF AND I attitude. As far as i know, we are all the same.
4. If the realms offer the same drop, xp rate, content, etc.... Why the hell do we have 2 realms? I mean none of them are full. This just seems like pure discrimination. People will learn to live along and deal with other cultures. At least in Wow, we can't bombard each other with nukes for our differrences, so I don't see what's the big deal about the language in channel. It's been in this server's culture to actually see a difference wether players were from Romania or elsewhere. I think it's a great oppurtunity to put an end to this by merging the realms. It will requiere some adaptation time, but it's Worth the shot.

RED: simple, make 2 global channels with an International one and a Romanian one. Same for the trade channel. Eventually, people will come out of their shell and will just realize that using 1 international channel will do the trick.
GREEN: Here, there is many options depending on what you can actually make.
1. Make 1 new realm, allowing players to transfer their toons on. That way, the first who transfers, is the one who keeps his name. Also, we are about 2k players left, i really doubt there is many players using the same names. This means that we would be emptying out Exodus and Genesis.
2. If option 1 is not viable, you can decide to simply move the people from exodus towards genesis giving them name priority if they have more time played or something like that.

Those options represent probably some work for the staff, but if you wanna keep this server alive and Rolling, there's some sacrifices that need to be made.

TEAL: Really... ? I mean on retail, there are new seaons pretty often, and it's piss easy to lower your mmr. What's up with just restarting all of that. We might aswell do it, if we gonna merge the realms. At least, it would make more sense to destroy all arena teams if we are gonna mix populations. That way, there's more players to play with, and who knows, 3vs3 might be active.

PURPLE: I'm willing to give my guild rep away, if we are gonna be 2k players on 1 realm. Wouldn't you?? You can easily give the existing guilds their lvl 25 and increase Guild rep rates for a short period after the merge.

ORANGE: Ok but then i guess when you guyz made Evolution and Exodus, then removed Evolution, all of that was messy... but you people made it. My guess is that you can probably do it again. AND PLEASE, don't let ''if'' decide what this community must do. Because '' if'' we happen to have a really big population one day, my guess is that this means this server is healthy and what needs to be done to manage it will be taken care of. So leave that for tomorrow, and let's worry about today.

Overall, some changes need to be made, and if nothing happens our pop will slowly lower until everyone decides to migrate elsewhere or to Genesis, making us actually do this intended merge, but too late. I understand this is a lot of work for the Freakz's staff, but in my sincere opinion, this is what needs to be done to get this server back on its feet.

Thanks for reading.

Xiphas / Kaziyookie

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by mayavin, 03 November 2014 21:14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

The time now is 10-05-2024, 07:04:19
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x