User
Pass
2FA

[Suggestion] All-Star Battleground.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other

Would you like that the "All-Star Battleground" event be added?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author Message1458
Gudbror

[I just wasted 20 rep]

(since 22-07-2016 14:53)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 17-07-2014, 01:18:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, i was thinking about this idea, since this server is lacking a lot in events (pvp/pve), and honestly a 3v3 tournament held at the end of each arena season is not really a lot.

I was thinking that monthly, the freakz community could select 10 best players from each class (from both players) and do a monthly bg, a bg only done by the best players in the server. (maybe even streamed)

Although i don't have a certain plan on how the players would pick the best pvp players of each class, i did thought a couple of options, and creating a topic to make people write their "best" players for each class on the topic, and the most "named" players would be selected to the all-star bg.

And the other option is that the gamemasters select the best players for them, and then create a poll in the forums, so the people can vote for their favorite or skillest player.

Honestly, it would make that "Battleground Spectator" npc a lot more useful.

Please write your opinions about this idea, what you like about it, what you don't like about it, what you think it would make it better, etc.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

0 0

Mofuu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-04-2015 21:55)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 17-07-2014, 02:06:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Could be done if theres a method of keeping a track of weekly kills or honor gained of each player, then separate them based on their class/spec. So basically the weeks before the "event" would be qualification weeks, where you just do your normal bgs and collect kills/honor, and at the end of qualifications top players would be selected.

Also there would be a need for a limit you need to reach to qualify at all (2-5k kills that month). Previous kills should be ignored - both to filter those who don't even PvP anymore and have an advantage in kills compared to others, and to get more people to actually do BGs during the qualification weeks. This way the people that actually care for PvP and BGs would get a chance infront of those "selected" by players (how do you even tell who's the best, since opinions are like assholes, everyones got one).

Also groups should be balanced, so no more than one healer per four dps-ers. (8-2, 12-3 for 10 and 15 man bgs).

The "tournament" should be held in more BG types, i would suggest 3 games (best out of 3). WSG, AB and EotS would be my preference, since BoG and TP are not balanced well for both Factions imo.

Rewards should be in place as well, to further motivate people to participate in the event. Also imo it should be held on the Tournament realm, with Cataclysmic gear for everyone, without any PvE gear.

For the end, I would like to say I love the idea of something like this happening, and would highly support it and it might be something that could actually get me to play actively again here. Lets just hope the Staff recognizes this opportunity to promote and improve the server even further.

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 17-07-2014, 02:11:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I think we will do another session of Guild vs Guild (which might be emerged to Group vs Group, but we might be spammed with groups) Battleground Runs with brand new rules (we learned a lot from the first event).

I will make the topic tomorrow.

0 0

Domminus

[Far From The Fame]

(since 20-04-2021 10:15)

Votes: 14

Post Posted: 17-07-2014, 10:08:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Me gusta.

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 17-07-2014, 10:55:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Domminus wrote:
Me gusta.

/Cheers

0 0

compulsiv

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-04-2018 21:46)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 17-07-2014, 13:13:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zohlomg wrote:
I think we will do another session of Guild vs Guild (which might be emerged to Group vs Group, but we might be spammed with groups) Battleground Runs with brand new rules (we learned a lot from the first event).

I will make the topic tomorrow.

Group vs Group is better, last time people just changed guilds to participate multiple times or were recruited into the guilds only for the event. Spamming is not an issue as long as you punish those who register but don't show up. And don't forget those who want to participate and their guildmates don't, but they don't want to leave their guild either.

0 0

Domminus

[Far From The Fame]

(since 20-04-2021 10:15)

Votes: 14

Post Posted: 17-07-2014, 15:20:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hawtydaboss wrote:
/Cheers
-

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by mayavin, 03 November 2014 21:14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 04-05-2024, 03:52:39
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x