User
Pass
2FA

[Druid][PvE][PvP][Feral] Dream of Cenarius

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents
Author Message2783
Lorne

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-03-2017 02:37)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 29-11-2015, 16:16:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: Dream of Cenarius (wowhead link)
Bug description: Dream of Cenarius is not working properly. Some abilities are not consuming DoC charges correctly. Some bleeds lose their DoC buffed value after the DoC buff expires. Need more people testing this, can't find exactly what is causing this issue.

What I've discovered so far:

Quote:
If you use Shred first on a fresh DoC proc (2/2 charges), any subsequent melee abilities will not consume the DoC buff, nor get the 30% dmg bonus. Your first Shred does get the 30% bonus, however. It works as long as the first ability isn't Shred.

Quote:
Rip does not consume a DoC charge. It should.

Quote:
Rip loses its DoC buffed value after the current DoC buff expires.

An example:

You have 4 combopoints with the DoC buff active (2/2 charges up).

Apply Rake [DoC 1/2 charges]
Apply Rip [DoC 1/2 charges] (since Rip doesn't consume it currently)

Both benefit from the 30% dmg buff.

Apply Mangle [DoC 0/2 charges]

Mangle benefits from the 30% dmg buff. But Rip loses the 30% dmg buff after you apply Mangle. The DoC buff expires after the Mangle (since Rip doesn't consume it currently). Rake, however, keeps ticking with the DoC buffed value.

Quote:

On a fresh DoC proc [2/2 charges]:

Apply Rake [DoC 1/2 charges]

Rake ticks for 130%. Now if you apply Rake again:

Apply Rake [DoC 0/2 charges]

First Rake gets overwritten. Ticks for 100%.

Quote:

On a fresh DoC proc [2/2 charges]:

Apply Thrash [DoC 1/2 charges]

Trash ticks for 130%. Now if you apply Thrash again:

Apply Thrash [DoC 0/2 charges]

First Thrash gets overwritten. Ticks for 100%.

Last edited by Lorne on 03-12-2015, 15:41:46; edited 13 times in total
0 0

Lorne

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-12-2015, 14:30:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Did some more tests. Updated first post.

I think we're getting somewhere. It looks like the amount of DoC charges for bleeds are deducted before damage is calculated, not after.

0 0

MikiQ22

[Harley Quinn]

(since 27-01-2020 10:28)

Votes: 33

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 04-12-2015, 19:59:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirm

0 0

africa

[Royalty insde my DNA]

(since 23-05-2023 10:52)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 05-12-2015, 14:08:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok here's the deal. DoC has 2 stacks that increase the dmg by 30% for the next 2 actions. After a lot of screenshots that now I have no idea what I tested, together with Lorne we found the following:

- doing 2 Mangle works as intended: 372 normal x 1.3 = 483 buffed. So I had 2 charges of DoC on me, hit 2 times and another nonDoC.

- doing 2 Shreds doesn't work. Only the first Shred is increased, though the visual buff doesn't go away.

- doing 2 Rakes doesn't work. Only the first Rake is increased. Normally rake does 1625 dmg in ticks. From the first picture we see 400 for each tick. 5 ticks means 2000 dmg. The crit is extra 400 so that's why 2400.

In the second photo I used another Rake after the first was used. It doesn't increase the dmg. The min dmg is 322. 322x5 ticks = 1610 dmg. Tooltip says 1625, so it's close. 322 x 1.3 = 418, but the increased dmg is 399(400), dunno where the difference is from, but let's say the math is good. Anyway, the second Rake damage done is 1932. This one crit also, so subtract 322 = 1610, just like it's supposed to be.

In both photos you can see the direct damage part of rake is increased. It has 399 as opposed to 325 how it's standard.
So the issue here is that Rake has 2 damage parts, direct and ticks. The direct is increased and so is the tick for the first. For the second ONLY the direct part is increased. Same thing happens to Thrash also.

- doing Mangle followed by Rake doesn't work. The Mangle gets increased, Rake direct damage gets increase, but no Rake ticks.

- Rip doesn't consume the DoC stacks, but gets increased dmg. I tried Rake Rip Rake. You can see in Rake the min 322 and max 399 dmg, but the direct damage is 400 for each, just like Rake Rake. Rip does 18k normal x 1.3 = 23.5k, but it crit like 2-3 times so thus the higher dmg.

So conclusion is:
Mangle works ok.
Shred only the first works.
Rip doesn't consume the buff, but gets increased. The tooltip also doesn't show the 30% dmg increase.
Rake and Thrash mess the buff, because they have direct dmg and also tick dmg. The direct dmg is increased and so is the FIRST tick, but the second tick is not.

0 0

Lorne

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 05-12-2015, 15:29:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

africa wrote:
Rake and Thrash mess the buff, because they have direct dmg and also tick dmg. The direct dmg is increased and so is the FIRST tick, but the second tick is not.

Rake and Trash having both a direct damage part and a bleed part is indeed the problem. DoC charges are incorrectly consumed on the direct damage part of Rake and Trash, not at bleed application.

Code:
If you have a fresh DoC proc up and apply either:

Rake, Rake

or

Trash, Trash

or

Rake, Trash

or

Trash, Rake

The first bleed's direct damage and all of its bleed ticks are increased by DoC. Only the direct damage part of your 2nd bleed gets increased by DoC, not any subsequent bleed ticks.

0 0

africa

[Royalty insde my DNA]

(since 23-05-2023 10:52)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 20-12-2015, 12:42:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Can we at least get some feedback about the report?
Should we bring more evidence?
We're not asking for a fix, we are asking for feedback so we know we are not wasting time for bug reports that are ignored.

Thanks.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Dreadblade, 24 December 2015 21:57

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents  

The time now is 26-04-2024, 00:59:53
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x