User
Pass
2FA

How to Farm Honor?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A
Author Message3811
captjvmoore

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-08-2018 13:28)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 09:23:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello guys,

As I've only recently migrated to this server, I'm kinda new to MoP and my characters are going to need a lot of honor farming for me to start having any kind of fun in PvP. Right now I feel like a punching bag in bgs, aka a free kill. It's not amusing. Since I have little experience with MoP PvP, what tactics would you guys advise me to employ in order to farm as much honor as I possibly can per day? Also, some side questions:

- I have acquired a Battle Standard, of course. Say we're about to win AB and it's the first win for the day, therefore I get extra honor and conquest. If I place the battle standard just before the end of the bg, would it reward me 15% more honor for the win?

- Are Tol Barad and Wintergrasp working?

- How can I acquire honor via badges and currency exchange? Also, say I have a stack of badges that upon clicking will grant me a certain ammount of honor. If I use the Battle Standard, will my gains be increased by 15%?

Thanks in advance! -

0 0

Zgary

[EPURY]

(since 08-10-2021 10:07)

Votes: 28

zgary40 
Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 10:00:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

simple: go for objectives in battlegrounds not for kills

-now if u have 250k HP don't go and grab the flag in wsg cuz you'll get one shoted
-in ab get bases don't stay to defend them cuz u aren't geared to defend them / do as less as possible pvp just go for objectives
-same for eye of the storm
-strand of the ancients try destroying demolishers if you are on defensive part or try getting into them and rushing to the gates if you are on attacking part

League of Legends Player
0 0

captjvmoore

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 10:03:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Zgary

Bro, that's quite obvious. What I'm asking for are ways to farm honor outside of the mainstream bgs -

That which is like unto itself is drawn.
0 0

Zgary

[EPURY]

zgary40 
Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 10:06:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

you can exchange justice points -> honor points at a ratio of 375 justice for 250 honor in orgrimmar / stormwind - look for cataclysm pve gear vendors
you obtain justice points by killing heroic dungeon bosses (somewhere 30-40 justice points per heroic dungeon boss) you are capping pretty fast (from 4-5 dungeons runs you should have around 1k justice points ~500 honor)
conquest points are obtainable only from arenas / battlegrounds

League of Legends Player
1 0

iordanluis65

[Amia Miley]

(since 13-02-2018 22:51)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 10:07:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Isle of thunder, pvp daily quest. You will get honor around 700-800

EDIT: One of the ways I found getting easy Honor Points was doing random heroic MoP dungeons (via the dungeon finder) and converting the Justice Points you get from the dungeon to Honor Points. Like zgary said.

It's 500 JP every 250 HP - So a full cap of JP will give you 2000 HP.
Dungeons are very quick too if you get a ~semi-ok group and you receive 120 JPs per boss on a dungeon and it's a great way to cap Valor as well.

Last edited by iordanluis65 on 19-08-2016, 10:17:31; edited 1 time in total
1 0

captjvmoore

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 10:08:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Zgary @iordanluis65

Great! What else?

0 0

Zgary

[EPURY]

zgary40 
Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 10:21:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

go for timeless celestials (be sure to have https://www.wow-freakz.com/currency.php?currency=776&&name=warforged-seal so you have an extra chance of receiving an 550 ilvl pvp item)
i think u can exchange valor -> justice also but it's not recommended since valor gets you stronger items (even though they are PvE they are better than blueish greenies items)

also when you gear up always get a route to upgrade your items, prioritize your low ilvl items over decent items

the way i upgrade is this one: weapon -> trinket with str/intellect proc -> get 5/5 set (grievous->prideful) / get offparts

off-parts are the last on the list to upgrade -> your main damage / healing comes from your weapon and your trinket

League of Legends Player
1 0

captjvmoore

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 10:27:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zgary wrote:
go for timeless celestials (be sure to have https://www.wow-freakz.com/currency.php?currency=776&&name=warforged-seal so you have an extra chance of receiving an 550 ilvl pvp item)
i think u can exchange valor -> justice also but it's not recommended since valor gets you stronger items (even though they are PvE they are better than blueish greenies items)

also when you gear up always get a route to upgrade your items, prioritize your low ilvl items over decent items

the way i upgrade is this one: weapon -> trinket with str/intellect proc -> get 5/5 set (grievous->prideful) / get offparts

off-parts are the last on the list to upgrade -> your main damage / healing comes from your weapon and your trinket

This is gold. Thanks @Zgary. Anything else? I'm thinking of also doing Wintergrasp and Tb. Are they working? Also, if you kill the bosses in VoA you get something like 300-400 honor, so I've heard. Is this true?

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 19-08-2016, 19:31:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings,there are some of my advices:

1.Back in the days when i farmed honor i kinda almost didn't do any BGs since i used to lose most of them and basically lose interest in playing,so what i was doing was Tol Barad quests which got nerfed and now you need to do Isle of Thunder quests(these quests award honor,but mobs aint 82-85 like they used to be in Tol Barad,so that means it will take more time to kill the mobs for the quests in Thunder).

2.Do the Grizzly Hills 3 honor awarding quests at the bay(bottom grizzly hills map).Each quest gives 50,so = 150 honor.

3.If you have any high rated arena exp definitely look for some guild since queing as a premade will most likely win you most of the battlegrounds although you got low gear.

4.I know it's not regarding honor,but try capping your character with battleground wins every week than doing arenas with low gear(way better and you won't get *** -).

5.As mentioned above,doing some heroics might also bring some change and chill you out of the losses you've got(if you got any),perhaps if you get bored.

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8

Last edited by Hawtydaboss on 20-08-2016, 11:34:03; edited 1 time in total
1 0

captjvmoore

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 20-08-2016, 00:26:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hawtydaboss wrote:
Greetings,there are some of mine advices:

1.Back in the days when i farmed honor i kinda almost didn't do any BGs since i used to lose most of them and basically lose interest in playing,so what i was doing was Tol Barad quests which got nerfed and now you need to do Isle of Thunder quests(these quests award honor,but mobs aint 82-85 like they used to be in Tol Barad,so that means it will take more time to kill the mobs for the quests in Thunder).

2.Do the Grizzly Hills 3 honor awarding quests at the bay(bottom grizzly hills map).Each quest gives 50,so = 150 honor.

3.If you have any high rated arena exp definitely look for some guild since queing as a premade will most likely win you most of the battlegrounds although you got low gear.

4.I know it's not regarding honor,but try capping your character with battleground wins every week than doing arenas with low gear(way better and you won't get *** -).

5.As mentioned above,doing some heroics might also bring some change and chill you out of the losses you've got(if you got any),perhaps if you get bored.

Thanks bro, that really helps!

1 0

captjvmoore

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 22-08-2016, 13:23:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

To continue the thread, can someone please explain to me about the PvP dailies in Isle of Thunder? I did some pre-quests but can't seem to acquire those quests. What's worse, I can't find a guide anywhere for the entire chain that you have to do, before you can start doing dailies. Also, the current quest that I have of the IoT chain doesn't show anything on the minimap or world map. What's up with that?

0 0

Zgary

[EPURY]

zgary40 
Post Posted: 22-08-2016, 13:26:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

you have to click on the table near the npc there (it looks like a table with a map on it) click on it and select pvp or pve depending on what you want to get

League of Legends Player
0 0

captjvmoore

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 22-08-2016, 13:31:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Zgary

10x I'll try it and see what happens.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 10 September 2016 07:25

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A  

The time now is 28-04-2024, 01:48:46
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x