User
Pass
2FA

[EN] Noddcrack's 5.4.8 Discipline Priest PvP Guide [BASIC]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message27880
Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 26-08-2016, 10:32:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings folks and welcome to my Discipline Priest 5.4.8 PvP Guide

I want to point out that this guide will be a basic one and will not include high detailed information like my Cataclysm one

This guide will include:

• 1.Best in slot items
  • 2.Enchants
  • 3.Gems
  • 4.Talents
  • 5.Glyphs
  • 6.Stats priority
  • 7.Which 2v2 set-ups to pick

1.Best in slot items

I want to note that with reforge you will have to mix it a bit(ex.Chest gives spirit and haste,so you'll go for spirit>mastery than haste>mastery).Orient yourself with your mana regen,you should have above 20k mp5 and 16% healing increase@mastery/at least 16-18% haste

As a discipline priest,you will be using 4/5 Healing set and 1/5 shadow.
Why?
Discipline priest needs Mastery and Haste,therefore the crit that you get from Healing Legs is useless,so you will go for Shadow Legs which give mastery+haste as secondary stats.

Why staff,not 1h+Off hand?

• 1h gives you critical and mastery,you will only need the mastery,not the crit,so the staff is more powerfull since you get pure spirit and the mastery remain the same as the 1h+off hand.In addition to that,you will no longer need to kill totems with faster melee weapon since you have swd/holy fire to kill Cap,Earthbind/grab totem.

2.Enchants

3.Gems

4.Talents

• Level 15

• Psyfiend Most picked talent.You will need it most of the time.
  • Dominate Mind Works only with few classes(Hunter,Mage)and few exceptions on own decision,but that's the basic.

• Level 30

• Body and Soul - Could work well in 3s if you play with range classes,so they can kite,but angelic feather is still better since it gives 20% more speed and higher duration than this,just that it's a bit harder to use on your mates.
  • Angelic Feather Best talent for disc (used most of the time)
  • Phantasm Good against melee cleaves (ex.War+DK) only.

• Level 45

• Level 60

• Spectral Guise - Used only vs spell cleaves/casters+hunter(ex.Hunter+Mage+Druid)
  • Angelic Bulwark - Used against teams that can destroy you in openers/when having problems with melees on you(ex.1v1 vs Warrior),(2nd ex.Hunter+Rogue).

• Level 90

• Divine Star - Best to off-heal yourself while you're focusused on healing your mates and you take damage(ex.from dots)/good when you get locked on cast and you need to heal yourself.

5.Glyphs

• Glyph of Shadow Word: Death - Used only against Mages/Hunters(could use it against Retri paladins to break the AoE blind,it's really easy since you see him coming to you) and Monks(break paralysis,as disc you don't have chastice to land a 100% fear,so you'll either go for fear with spectral guise or rush in and expect a Paralysis,therefore you need to break it and then land the fear)But it's 100% needed vs Mages and Hunters.

• Glyph of Mass Dispel - Used only vs Mages/Paladins(used to dispel Divine Shield/Ice Block)

• Glyph of Penance - This glyph is a must as a Discipline which means you MUST have this one and rotate between the other 2.

• Glyph of Prayer of Mending - This is situational (ex.You play vs Warrior/Resto shaman and you will be playing with 1.Penance,2.Mending,3.Shield)

• Glyph of Fear Ward - Only against warlocks,BUT!(ex.if you play vs team with a warlock and a mage at the same time,you will be forced to play with 1.Penance,2.Shadow Word: Death,3.Mass Dispel,so you won't go for this one.(ex.Warlock,Mw Monk > 1.Penance,2.Shadow word: death,3.Fear ward)

• Glyph of Power Word: Shield - Could be use when there is nothing else to pick(i gave an example above).

• Glyph of Scourge Imprisonment - Use this glyph when you know you're playing against a good Death Knight since they'll most likely not let you shackle their Gargoyle(mainly used to shackle Gargoyle)easily.

• Glyph of Inner Sanctum - Good vs DK teams(ex.TSG - Paladin/Warrior/DK)i personally don't directly play with it when i see this set-up,but i swap to Inner Fire for it when i get chased.

You can checkout THIS TOPIC for further information,when exactly to use them and why(It's exactly the same for disc,just that you have glyph of penance not glyph of renew).

6.Stats Priority

• Intellect -As always,the main stat you need as a caster(that's why you don't go for spirit + mastery gems on blue gem slots)

• Spirit - Second most important stat for a healer.

• Mastery - Main secondary stat.As a discipline you will shield a lot plus divine aegis is now way better than older expansion,so you'll need a lot of mastery to increase your shield efficiency.

• Haste - Second Main stat.Mainly used for better global cooldown/casting speed(keep in mind you'll use penance often to dps as well),as disc you will also cast a lot in order to succeed with healing(not like holy),so you'll definitely need some haste.

• Crit - Garbage.

7.Which 2v2 set-ups to pick

• Arenas in MoP aren't like they used to be back in older expansions.Rogue/Priest is not as viable as it was before,now it's more vulnerable and easy to kill.Also keep in mind Discipline priest is not the most viable spec for priest.This is due to the fact that disciplines are forced to use more spells than holy (shield a lot)and cast more than Holy.This forces the priest to go out of mana faster than usual.Dampening plays a lot here too.Once you reach 30% dampening you can kinda uninstall your life if you're facing a really good team,perhaps counter comp.All these cons wll force you to not play ANY comp you want(of course if you want to go for top places).

• Mage & Priest - Definitely the best comp for a priest overall right now.It has incredible amount of crowd control and it works really good together.

• Elemental & Priest - Second best comp for Disc.As we all know elemental shamans are even stronger here,so that will definitely bring you even more fun and make use of the comp.Shamans have really good survivability and the mobility is even better now.You got Shock,Grounding,Thunderstorm to stop cc,Off heals(Healing Surge,Healing Stream/Tide totem),godlike burst(ascendance,mastery procs,Stormlash)and even a stun now(Cap totem).

• Hunter & Priest - Also a really good comp,but here things are a bit complicated.Hunters die a little fast here,so you'll have to be focused most of the time on your hunter and what's going on.Try practising your arena awareness a lot if you want to succeed with this set-up.It has incredible amount of Crowd Control too and even if the damage you deal is low or you're getting kited away,you can still do well since it has great mobility.Keep in mind you also have Roar of Sacrifice (immune to criticals).

• The rest of the classes that you can team up are a bit complicated.They aren't as viable as they were in Cataclysm for example,but you can still play them at high rating as long as you put effort in improving or you're already kind of experienced(it also depends what your arena aim is).But these 3 are definitely the most viable comps right now.

This guide has been requested by a Freakz player and here it is.

I really hope it will help him and not only him,any of you that prefer Discipline than Holy.

In addition to that,listen to Costi Fortza to be good at Priest <3

-Noddcrack

More links

4.3.4 Discipline PvP Guide
5.4.8 Holy PvP Glyph Guide
5.4.8 Holy Talents PvP Guide

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
3 0

Wipe
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 08-06-2022 20:34)

Votes: 431

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 27-09-2016, 21:59:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I do not agree with the secondary stats for a discipline priest doe it's a PvP guide. Haste should not be as important as you say, because you don't have to cast that much (Power Word: Shield, Renew, Prayer of Mending, Penance, Flash Heal <fast heal>) and you don't use HoTs. Even for spirit (which is actually a secondary stat, not primary) is not that valuable, you don't waste that amount of mana in PvP like healing in PvE because you can't just dummy heal your mate until mana is over. This is not how PvP works. But most annoying, you said Crit = garbage on a Discipline Priest. If you still agree to this it means you don't know this spec very well and you should reroll to another spec. Or I may not understand your point of view... Please explain to me.

And also, I wanna know why you hate Solace and Insanity talent? It's the best tier talent for discipline. Gives you initial damage & heal probably more than a Flash Heal, especially if it's a critical strike and DoT+HoT effect and also restores mana.

Don't touch this

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 28-09-2016, 16:14:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wipe wrote:
I do not agree with the secondary stats for a discipline priest doe it's a PvP guide. Haste should not be as important as you say, because you don't have to cast that much (Power Word: Shield, Renew, Prayer of Mending, Penance, Flash Heal <fast heal>) and you don't use HoTs. Even for spirit (which is actually a secondary stat, not primary) is not that valuable, you don't waste that amount of mana in PvP like healing in PvE because you can't just dummy heal your mate until mana is over. This is not how PvP works. But most annoying, you said Crit = garbage on a Discipline Priest. If you still agree to this it means you don't know this spec very well and you should reroll to another spec. Or I may not understand your point of view... Please explain to me.

And also, I wanna know why you hate Solace and Insanity talent? It's the best tier talent for discipline. Gives you initial damage & heal probably more than a Flash Heal, especially if it's a critical strike and DoT+HoT effect and also restores mana.

I've never heard a pvp player ever stacked haste for more ticks in this case @renew even echo @holy and you actually DO cast a lot as disc i really don't like the aegis change in mop Crit double heal > absorb.The fast heal is also called "instant heal" aka From darkness comes light.Don't get me wrong,i'm not cocky,but "you don't waste that amount of mana in pvp like healing in pve" ??? Seriously?As holy i drink like 3 tmes max in a long game,as disc i drink even in early games at any possible time,predicting that i will have mana problems later..One of the main reasons why disc is not as viable as holy is,because it goes oom really fast and especially in dampening games like i said,after 30% dampening it goes complete shit.@This is not how pvp works.Trust me i know how PvP works lol.Crit is complete garbage,the worst stat for Discipline at any time,you can experiment with anything else,but not crit.You have mastery,you have haste.Although everyone knows that crit is shit in PvP i'll give u an example: If you go full crit reforge like you do with mastery,you will be forced to lose a lot of mastery.If you mix crit with mastery,you won't maximize the crit you need and you will basically destroy your class.Haste is used for better gcd,even holy priests now ditch crit and go full haste,when i came back to the game last weekend from a break before i quit the game,i tried out crit @holy again,like i did in s14 gear and i can say the difference between haste and crit is huge and i personally like haste way more and it is for sure the best choice for holy,not for echo/renew,that's not PvE.You wrote some pretty cocky things like i should reroll etc,but keep in mind that your mindset is as a PvE player and i won't respond agressively to this and i will just say that you need a lot of experience in PvP to have a dispute with me regarding how to gear up and which stats priests do need.Solace of Insanity is a PvE talent,you lose instant casts for a stupid useless PvE talent that gives you 1% mana and i'm not sure if you was in a raid while you was writing this,because we have Battle Fatigue in PvP,so it doesn't really heal as much as Flash Heal for sure.I could maybe take the first things you wrote,but that thingy with this talent just cleared out things for me totally.

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
0 0

Wipe
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 08-06-2022 20:34)

Votes: 431

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 28-09-2016, 16:31:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I still didn't understand why crit is garbage since every crit heal gives also an absorb shield on the target and spears your next heal. Why so, you can't crit in PvP or what? The fact that you hate Aegis is not like is useless. I am 100% sure that Crit>Haste in PvP on a disc priest and I want to prove it to you. Until then...

Don't touch this

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 26-04-2024, 00:40:07
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x