User
Pass
2FA

A petition from the Spanish community

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1061
Vinsel

[Creep]

(since 05-03-2019 02:21)

Votes: 36

Post Posted: 31-08-2016, 17:19:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, I'm a spanish player called Vinsel (in-game of course). Since Spanish community seems like it's growing and you made such an effort to be an international server (translations and server zone change, etc.) we want to ask for something more, we want to know if it's possible to have a channel for us like global_en/global_ro, that automatically detect your WoW language and invite you to the channel. The main reason is because is hard to actually search for Spanish people/guilds in the global_en channel and we don't want to actually bother the english speaker players speaking a non-english language in their channel.

So basically, is possible to have an own channel like global_en/global_ro? We are a few at the momment in a non-official channel called "global_es" but we need to spam in global_en to make the spanish people join the channel, and we don't want to get muted because of that -

Thanks for everything, keep up the good work.

Greetings, Vinsel.

PS: Are there any Spanish Moderator in the server?

Moved from the original post

2 0

tudor1297

[shefu' la luptatori]

(since 01-02-2020 14:06)

Votes: 250

Post Posted: 31-08-2016, 17:30:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I think it's not a bad idea, maybe you should make more global chats for different languages. Not for all of them, but at least for the ones that have a representative number of players.

[RO]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

[EN]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

0 0

Vinsel

[Creep]

Post Posted: 31-08-2016, 17:38:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tudor1297 wrote:
I think it's not a bad idea, maybe you should make more global chats for different languages. Not for all of them, but at least for the ones that have a representative number of players.

That is even a greater idea -

Definetly this has to be implemented, but now everything is in the staff members hands ^^

0 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 31-08-2016, 18:38:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I think Freakz should publish a poll to setup those specifics languages channels, see what the whole community thinks about this. I personnally think the global_en was named after english for the sake of splitting romanians that don't want to speak english (or they can't) with the rest of the world but since then it has lost his purpose because people think it's a channel where you have to speak english and nothing else while it was made with a specific purpose i just mentionned so by its nature we should be able to speak the language we want as long as it doesn't harm other people.

Sadly there's a tiny amount of stupid people that will always that will cause trouble to order english-only speaking, and these people easily starts to say racists things so yeah if the community can't find a way to coexist with each others language, cultures and such then it's the best solution we have.

0 0

Frostfang

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-10-2021 12:41)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 31-08-2016, 18:57:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Personally i disagree with this.

Not so long ago, people were suggesting that we merge /ro and /en globals. Now you want to separate it on 10 more channels?

Magnus06 wrote:
I personnally think the global_en was named after english for the sake of splitting romanians that don't want to speak english (or they can't) with the rest of the world but since then it has lost his purpose because people think it's a channel where you have to speak english and nothing else

As you said, it's made to separate 2 communities when genesis and exodus were merged. Its ok to speak non en language as long as you dont go too far. It's not forbidden, but have some respects towards other people. You should start muting for spamming too much, there's people spamming nonsense just to annoy others.

Guardian Druid Tanking Guide

0 0

Kyrax
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-11-2017 01:14)

Votes: 154

Post Posted: 31-08-2016, 19:38:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

"people were suggesting that we merge /ro and /en globals" this is a great idea,but the official language should be English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pamGqyxnohE
0 0

madau

[the Insane]

(since 11-11-2021 17:01)

Votes: 97

Post Posted: 01-09-2016, 01:38:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Freakz used to have a bad badge as being a romanian server and we are doing our best to make this server international with everything that we can. This is why we came up with the idea of global_en, to get rid of that badge and go to international. Most of the old en players know that this chat was not at all populated in the beginning but step by step the en community (or non-ro) started to grow and soon many ro players joined that channel too.
We don`t want to split our players into categories and we are aiming to having a fully international server, this is why someday in the future there will be only one global channel with EN only.

The heart of the community is on the global channel, there we all speak, have opinions, lfg, ask questions and hope to get answers. The more united we are the faster the community grows and this is, obviously, what everyone wants.
A long time ago, when this server was created, there were a lot of ppl that contributed into developing one of the greatest feelings of a mmorpg: being a part of something that's growing, helping it to grow so you can have a better experience. This is what we are constantly looking for and i believe that when everyone will be on the same global channel, we will feel once again like that.

It is an interesting feature that you are suggesting but, from my point of view, it will only split even more the population. After spanish we will receive requests for french, russian, portuguese, arabic, hindu, swahili etc. This is not the direction that I see the server going nor want it to go.

Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand,
Blood and revenge are hammering in my head.

1 0

Vinsel

[Creep]

Post Posted: 01-09-2016, 09:37:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

madau wrote:
Freakz used to have a bad badge as being a romanian server and we are doing our best to make this server international with everything that we can. This is why we came up with the idea of global_en, to get rid of that badge and go to international. Most of the old en players know that this chat was not at all populated in the beginning but step by step the en community (or non-ro) started to grow and soon many ro players joined that channel too.
We don`t want to split our players into categories and we are aiming to having a fully international server, this is why someday in the future there will be only one global channel with EN only.

The heart of the community is on the global channel, there we all speak, have opinions, lfg, ask questions and hope to get answers. The more united we are the faster the community grows and this is, obviously, what everyone wants.
A long time ago, when this server was created, there were a lot of ppl that contributed into developing one of the greatest feelings of a mmorpg: being a part of something that's growing, helping it to grow so you can have a better experience. This is what we are constantly looking for and i believe that when everyone will be on the same global channel, we will feel once again like that.

It is an interesting feature that you are suggesting but, from my point of view, it will only split even more the population. After spanish we will receive requests for french, russian, portuguese, arabic, hindu, swahili etc. This is not the direction that I see the server going nor want it to go.

Hmmm... I see your point of view and after thinking a little bit I came to the conclusion this is not a good idea. As you said we need to be united and don't start splitting up the community.

You can close this topic and mark it as Rejected, madau is right.

Greetings, Vinsel.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 01 September 2016 08:03

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 27-04-2024, 23:09:27
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x