User
Pass
2FA

Artifacts situation
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message13878
Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 03:42:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Making them unobtainable completely is a bad idea, why not say "keep the server closed until it's fully fixed".....

I may have another idea, not sure if it's ok or not: enable all the scripted ones (at least 1 spec per class), and when another spec gets fixed we implement an option to transfer (move, not copy) the artifact power you gained from your old artifact to the new artifact. This way there's no actual AP loss...

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
5 0

plosnitapufoasa

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-09-2019 08:46)

Votes: 9

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 08:18:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Seems ok to me. At least we can keep progress.

Update @ 07-06-2017, 09:18:21

1 little suggestion: for hybrid classes try enabling all roles. It would be a shame if i had to play only frost dk. Id like tanking too. U know...

0 0

Alextmt

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-01-2018 10:18)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 09:45:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
Making them unobtainable completely is a bad idea, why not say "keep the server closed until it's fully fixed".....

I may have another idea, not sure if it's ok or not: enable all the scripted ones (at least 1 spec per class), and when another spec gets fixed we implement an option to transfer (move, not copy) the artifact power you gained from your old artifact to the new artifact. This way there's no actual AP loss...

Yes, i think this is the best ideea, rather than having them disabled. Just enable the ones that you have scripted, we invest our AP/AK in it, and once you release the other artifact, we will have the option to switch, something like a reset for our new artifact weapon :}

0 0

troncho

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-02-2018 19:32)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 09:56:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:

very sensible, but

Shocker wrote:

<just to clarify you're saying that the player will have to complete 2 different quest chains to get to the 1 weapon of their choice>

sounds to me like saying: if you like to play monk you can only play tank monk (brewmaster) until we eventually get the healer monk spec (mistweaver) quest chain or the other one

this will certainly turn off most players. I know it doesnt excite me as much as the opening of the live realm should

I dont like arcane mages, and if you tell me I will have to play arcane until you get the frost questchain done,

I'm gonna ask you why do you think you can tell me what kind of mage to play? (indirectly thru the quest fixing priorities)

man, the server has all the artifact weapons working. why on earth would you want to limit and force players into one?

I still think the best way to go about this is having people chose their weapon after finishing the quest chain thats done

ofc i realize that it will not be matched, but that will only be for the players that joined earlier, since eventually all chains will be complete and then there wont be a miss match

honestly, i think this little forced thing can turn off a lot of potential players, as delfinoc mentioned in another post

and this
SpeedyRabbit wrote:
Unobtainable till fixed seems the right thing to do.

(add mustache of a dictator to the picture)

is basically this

Shocker wrote:
"keep the server closed until it's fully fixed".....

I've been telling people to come play here, and if this goes thru what am I going to say?

"lets go play at Freakz BUT you can only play a tank monk, or an arcane mage and dont even think about wanting to change between a frost dk and an unholy one"

yeah... how many people do you think will want to come play here

first impressions are the only impressions that matter

p.s. and the worse thing is that all artifact weapons are working :/

0 0

delfinoc

[Mentally Stable]

(since 19-10-2017 21:36)

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 10:00:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As someone else suggested rewarding all 3 (or 4 in the case of the druid and 2 for DH) weapons after completing the chain quests/scenario that is supposed to work only for one would be the best compromise. All can experience the content while not being forced to play a spec they don't want because it's not even about the AP, it's about that forcing someone to play something they don't want will never work in your way
2 0

Alextmt

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 10:15:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

troncho wrote:
Shocker wrote:

very sensible, but

Shocker wrote:

<just to clarify you're saying that the player will have to complete 2 different quest chains to get to the 1 weapon of their choice>

sounds to me like saying: if you like to play monk you can only play tank monk (brewmaster) until we eventually get the healer monk spec (mistweaver) quest chain or the other one

this will certainly turn off most players. I know it doesnt excite me as much as the opening of the live realm should

I dont like arcane mages, and if you tell me I will have to play arcane until you get the frost questchain done,

I'm gonna ask you why do you think you can tell me what kind of mage to play? (indirectly thru the quest fixing priorities)

man, the server has all the artifact weapons working. why on earth would you want to limit and force players into one?

I still think the best way to go about this is having people chose their weapon after finishing the quest chain thats done

ofc i realize that it will not be matched, but that will only be for the players that joined earlier, since eventually all chains will be complete and then there wont be a miss match

honestly, i think this little forced thing can turn off a lot of potential players, as delfinoc mentioned in another post

and this
SpeedyRabbit wrote:

is basically this

Shocker wrote:

I've been telling people to come play here, and if this goes thru what am I going to say?

"lets go play at Freakz BUT you can only play a tank monk, or an arcane mage and dont even think about wanting to change between a frost dk and an unholy one"

I personally like to have atleast 1 quest working for artifact and then, at the end of the quest you can pick your desire weapon spec -

0 0

ZexeoR

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-12-2017 15:13)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 11:37:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

troncho wrote:
Shocker wrote:

very sensible, but

Shocker wrote:

and this
SpeedyRabbit wrote:

is basically this

Shocker wrote:

Exactly this, I've also been telling friends to come play here and I feel the same way. When I told them what Shocker said, it really killed the hype we all had.

0 0

wrathtron

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-10-2017 09:09)

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 11:57:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

When artifact weapons work,i do not see any problem as decision for now when players to receive the weapons,of their specs,without completing quests.There will have,enough time in between to fix artifact quest chain.Everyone will be happy.
0 0

delfinoc

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 12:50:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

We all know Shocker has high standards and this always translated in great content for all the players on Freakz, however a decision must be made here. Those who say keep the weapon unobtainable probably did not play legion yet, wich by itself is fine but artifact weapons are the core of the entire xpac, you class will simply not work without it. You guys have done a really good job in fixing the classes and the weapons, why would you ruin your start by forcing the initial playerbase into playing something they don't want? I'm sorry but i can't really see how this would make sense eventually. Just have all 3 weapons obtainable after the scripted chain/scenario at the start, the other servers don't have even one per spec fixed and once everyone will see obtainable artifacts, fixed artifacts, fixed classes (which is the most important thing) and fixed content you will certanly have a great great start because people in other servers are already talking about you, don't let us down now, don't restric our choices like the others now.

2 0

thrall47

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-01-2021 09:23)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 14:18:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i recommend to wait until they fix the rest of the quest chains for the other specs

1 0

ZexeoR

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 16:01:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

thrall47 wrote:
i recommend to wait until they fix the rest of the quest chains for the other specs

So if you wanna go monk brewmaster but you can't get the artifact you are screwed? I mean, Legion without artifact isn't Legion.

For example, if only warrior got fixed the scenario for his tank spec, we would only see warrior tanks over and over, since the other class tanks don't have their respective artifact.

4 0

Alextmt

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-06-2017, 22:09:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Just have 1 artifact quest scripted and after you complete it you pick your desire weapon for the spec you want to play. I believe this is the best option. Like who agrees
1 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 08-06-2017, 00:19:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Keeping them disabled is NOT an option, please stop talking about this
Shocker wrote:
Regarding this, as some have pointed out, players are worried they are forced to play a spec until we fix the others. So how about allowing to change it immediately after ?
For example, you do the Arcane Mage scenario => get the Arcane artifact => instantly change it to Fire. But then we still need to think about:
1) Should we allow only ONE change? Or unlimited changes?
2) Should we allow AP transfer when changing? Since you can change it immediately if you want, I assume no (you are not forced to farm AP on another artifact you dont want)
3) What about players who want multi specs? Both Fire and Arcane? Or even Frost too?

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
1 0

delfinoc

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 08-06-2017, 00:38:24 [Bad post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
Shocker wrote:
Regarding this, as some have pointed out, players are worried they are forced to play a spec until we fix the others. So how about allowing to change it immediately after ?
For example, you do the Arcane Mage scenario => get the Arcane artifact => instantly change it to Fire. But then we still need to think about:
2) Should we allow AP transfer when changing? Since you can change it immediately if you want, I assume no (you are not forced to farm AP on another artifact you dont want)
3) What about players who want multi specs? Both Fire and Arcane? Or even Frost too?

Pretty much everybody wants to play more than one spec, expecially in a new context, that's why instead of changic let the players obtaining all 3 of them after completing the working scenario is by far the best option so that your initial playerbase can have a smooth start. This way everybody will experience the content without having to be forced to play only one spec

1 2

ZexeoR

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 08-06-2017, 01:03:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
Shocker wrote:

1) One change should be enough, and maybe it should have a time limit.
2) Nope, as that would probably lead to some people playing other specs then changing artifact spec and still have the AP without having had to actually play that spec. Besides, if the time limit suggestion gets implemented, that wouldn't really make sense.
3) That's tricky... Maybe allow the quest chain for the artifact to be done more than once, this way, for example, you could equip your mage and always be allowed to change spec without having to create a new character and equip it again, which would be very tedious.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 14 June 2017 14:36

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

The time now is 08-05-2024, 15:33:04
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x