User
Pass
2FA

Frost Death Knight PvE Guide 7.1.5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message57614
Nightraider

[Enthusiast]

(since 29-04-2023 12:22)

Votes: 19

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  norbi111 
Post Posted: 08-11-2017, 02:18:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Frost Death Knight PvE Guide 7.1.5

1.Introduction

HI there!
Frost Death Knights currently are very strong and viable on both Single Target and AoE dps.
Play style are fun and it's easy to learn and master.
Frost Death Knight has Good sustained cleave damage but our Weaknesses is Lacks mobility , making one of the slowest spec in the game.

2.What’s new in Legion?

As you may know Frost Death Knights had some major changes since MOP for those who played on Freakz and they are also a few changes from WOD expansion.
I will quickly list here what has changed for Frost in Legion:

- All runes have been converted to Death runes (they are no more blood frost or unholy runes like in MOP)
- Killing Machine is now triggered only by auto attack critical hits and no longer works with Frost strike but exclusively with Obliterate , or with
a new talent Frostscythe if you choose to play it.
- Plague Strike and Blood Plague DoT no longer exists.
-Death strike no longer will take runes but insted costs 45 runic power and it can heal you for a minimum of 10% of your maximum health + 20% of all
damage you took in the last 5 seconds.
-A fair amount of abilities and runeforges have been removed but we’ve gained Wraith Walk and Remorseless Winter in the process.

3. Best Races and Their Benefits for DK in PvE

-On the Alliance side your best choice would be Human and you will get the Human Spirit passive that give you 2% more from all secondary stats.

-If you play Horde than have 2 good choices:

1. Blood Elf that gives you Arcane Acuity (Increases critical strike chance by 1%) and Arcane Torrent that restores 20 runic power.
2. Orc that will give you Blood Fury talent (Increases your attack power by 4 "scales with level" for 15 seconds and have 2 min cd).

4.Talents & Build

Tier 1 (Level 56) Talents

-Murderous Efficiency (Consuming the Killing Machine effect has a 65% chance to cause you to gain 1 Rune) will be your best choise especially for Breath of Sindragosa.
-If you not play BoS spec then your choice will be Icy Talons(Frost Strike increases attack speed by 10% for 6 sec stacking up 3 times).

Tier 2 (Level 57) Talents

-Freezing Fog (Increases the damage of you Howling Blast and Frost Fever by 30%) currently 1'st choice
-You can also use Horn of Winter (Blow the Horn of Winter, gaining 2 runes and generating 20 Runic Power) but I would recommend Freezing Fog.

Tier 3 (Level 58) Talents

-Hungering Rune Weapon (gaining 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and every 1.5 sec for 15 sec) If you play BoS spec then I strongly recommend.
-Icecap (Your Frost Strike and Obliterate critical strikes reduce the remaining cooldown of Pillar of Frost by 1.0 sec) should be your alternative.

Tier 4 (Level 60) Talents

The talents in this tier provide no increase in DPS , it's about crowd-control.You you can choose between Winter is Coming and Blinding Sleet as
third talent Abomination's Might not worth it.
-Winter is Coming is my personal choice (Enemies struck 5 times by Remorseless Winter while your Pillar of Frost is active are stunned for 4 sec).
-Blinding Sleet (targets in a cone in front of you are blinded, causing them to wander disoriented for 4 sec. Damage may cancel the effect).

Tier 5 (Level 75) Talents

Talents in this tier help you with survivability in raids or dungeons.
-Volatile Shielding (Your Anti-Magic Shell absorbs 35% more damage, and generates 100% additional Runic Power).
-Permafrost (When you deal damage with auto attacks, gain an absorb shield equal to 30% of the damage dealt).
-White Walker (you take 30% reduced damage while Wraith Walk is active).

My personal choice here is Permafrost but you can select any of 3 depends on your playstyle and fights.

Tier 6 (Level 90) Talents

-Gathering Storm (each Rune spent during Remorseless Winter increases its damage by 15%, and extends its duration by 0.5 sec) is our best choice.
-Frostscythe (Strikes all enemy in front of you for a damage that depends on your mastery , this attack benefits from Kiling Machine and
critical strikes with Frostscythe deal 4 times normal damage) our alternative.

Tier 7 (Level 100) Talents

-Breath of Sindragosa (Continuously deal a amount of Shadowfrost damage based on your mastery , You will continue breathing
until your Runic Power is exhausted or you cancel the effect) currently our best level 100 talent by far.
-Obliteration (For the next 8 sec, every Frost Strike hit triggers Killing Machine , and Obliterate costos 1 less rune) for those
who not play BoS build.

5.Artifact Progression & Relic Choice

-In the attached picture you can see how you should put your artifact points.

-Relic Choice

Keep in mind not always a higher ilvl relic is better , you need to know what is the effect of relic on you and what impact can have on dps.
For example 860 ilvl Blast Radius is way better then 890ilvl Dead of Winter. I will list a top for relic choices for us in PvE:

1.Blast Radius
2.Cold as Ice
3.Ambidexterity
4.Nothing but the Boots
5.Bad to the Bone
6.Over-Powered
7.Dead of Winter

6.Stat Priority

Strength > 20-22% Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versatility

If you have end gear an ideal would be 22% Haste , 25% Crit and rest stack Mastery.

7.Gems and Enchants & Consumables

-Gems

These are the top 3 recommended gems:

1.Masterful Shadowruby (+150 Mastery).
2.Deadly Eye of Prophecy (+150 Critical Strike).
3.Quick Dawnlight (+150 Haste).

-Enchants

1.Neck - Mark of the Claw.
2.Cloak - Binding of Strength.
3. Ring - Binding of Mastery.
4.Weapon - Weapon Main-hand: Rune of Razorice / Weapon Off-hand: Rune of the Fallen Crusader.

-Food

1.Barracuda Mrglgagh (gain 300 mastery for 1 hour).
2.Leybeque Ribs (gain 300 crit for 1 hour).
3.Suramar surf and Turf (gain 300 haste for 1 hour).

-Flask & Potions

Flask of the Countless Armies (Increases Strength by 1300 for 1 hour) and Potion of Prologned Power (Increase all stats by 2500 for 1 min).

8. Rotation

-Start with your Pillar of Frost and Remorseless Winter (these 2 should be use at cd) and use your potion.
-Spam Obliterate to do runic power (if you low on gear then Hungering Rune Weapon can help you to not run out of runes).
-When you have at least 50 runic power cast Breath of Sindragosa and after you should spam much as you can Obliterate to maintain
runic power and use spells like Arcane Torrent or if you take magical damage Anti Magic Shell to restore much as runic you can.
VERY IMPORTANT do NOT use Frost Strike when you have up Breath of Sindragosa!
-When Breath of Sindragosa ends you can use beside Obliterate , Frost Strike to consum your runic power and Howling Blast should always use when Rime is active.
-Use Sindragosa's Fury in front of you preferably when is an aoe phase if not just use when bursting.

9.Legendaries & Bis Trinkets

Head - Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr ( Howling Blast deals 40% increased damage to enemies recently damaged by your Remorseless Winter).
Neck - Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus ( Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 25% of your maximum health for 30 sec).
Back - Acherus Drapes ( Increases the duration of Anti-Magic Shell by 100% and any damage it absorbs heals you).
Wrist - Toravon's Whiteout Bindings (While Pillar of Frost is active, you deal 15% increased Frost damage).
Waist - Koltira's Newfound Will (Obliterate has a 15% chance to refund 2 runes).
Legs - Consort's Cold Core (Sindragosa's Fury has 50% reduced cooldown and Freezes all enemies hit for 3 sec).
Feet - Aggramar's Stride ( Increases your movement speed by 75% of your Haste, Critical Strike whichever is highest).
Ring - Seal of Necrofantasia (Hungering Rune Weapon gains 1 additional charges and recharges 10% faster).
Ring - Sephuz's Secret (Successfully a loss of control effect to enemy,intrerupting an enemy or dispelling any target garnts you 70% increased movement speed and 25% haste for 10 sec).
Trinket - Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish (Launch a vortex of destruction that seeks your current enemy. When it reaches the target, it explodes, dealing a critical strike to all enemies within 10 yds for 634.969 Fire damage).

If we make a list from the best to the worst it looks like this:

Head>Wrist>Ring(Seal of Necrofantasia)>Waist>Trinket and the rest does not really matter ..

Now there are cases and exceptions in that list not 100% accurate. For example if you play BoS build and you want to keep up longest time possible your breath
then Koltira's Newfound Will and Seal of Necrofantasia is best choice due to rune/runic regenration.

If you play with Freezing Fog then Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr is your 1'st choice and you will do some nice damage with Howling Blast.
Toravon's Whiteout Bindings is also a good legendary and it works well in combination with any of other 3 we spoke.

For now the best combination is Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr and Seal of Necrofantasia to maximize DPS , howerver in 7.2 Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr will be nerfed from 40% to 20% and other legendaries will do better.

List of bis trinkets

1.Convergence of Fates
2.Memento of Angerborda
3.Eye of Command
4.Chaos Talisman
5.Entwined Elemental Foci
6.Chains of the Valor
or equivalent trinkets with random stats

I do not include legendary trinket assuming no one should use it as other legendaries are better.

Last edited by Nightraider on 04-03-2018, 18:24:38; edited 19 times in total
8 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 08-11-2017, 09:50:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Horn of winter is better than freezing fog when you encounter mithic raids, while freezing fog shines in mithic+ dungeons. That's general basis, if you have the legendary helmet, i think freezing fog is beter in all scenarios.
Also as stat priority, after reaching about ~20% haste, you can go towards crit, from my perspective 20% haste > crit > mastery > versatility. I'm saying this because high mastery is harder to reach as frost, and should never be your priority. You benefit so much from crit with both killing machine and murderous efficiency. Sorry for this format I'm on my phone. I'll edit later.

0 0

Nightraider

[Enthusiast]

Post Posted: 08-11-2017, 13:15:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amnezx wrote:
Horn of winter is better than freezing fog when you encounter mithic raids, while freezing fog shines in mithic+ dungeons. That's general basis, if you have the legendary helmet, i think freezing fog is beter in all scenarios.
Also as stat priority, after reaching about ~20% haste, you can go towards crit, from my perspective 20% haste > crit > mastery > versatility. I'm saying this because high mastery is harder to reach as frost, and should never be your priority. You benefit so much from crit with both killing machine and murderous efficiency. Sorry for this format I'm on my phone. I'll edit later.

Hello and thanks for your adivces!
As stat priority yes your need about 20% haste cap but if you have a good amount of items that give you mastery and you already have ~25% crit you saying that it would be better just continue raising crit
About Freezing Fog and Horn of winter yes depends on what legendaries you have that i not mentioned but i will add later.

1 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 09-11-2017, 21:20:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Also, you can add a bis list for trinkets too (gear is not mandatory, since you can use even a mithic+ piece of gear with the right stats and high ilvl)

0 0

Nightraider

[Enthusiast]

Post Posted: 13-11-2017, 19:10:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I also added now legendaries and will add later this week a list of bis trinkets.
0 0

zokabazoka

[zeus]

(since 11-10-2020 11:56)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 24-12-2017, 13:41:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thx alot Nightraider , here Mavric -
its so helpful guide to the top class dps
now we have guide any dk just have to follow the steps there to be the Greater dpser

Thx mate

1 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 29-12-2017, 02:23:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sticky, GJ.

1 0

zokabazoka

[zeus]

(since 11-10-2020 11:56)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 11-02-2018, 12:04:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello raider,

i just wanna advise some add to trinkets list, horn of valor from BiS trinkets also CD 2 mint like BOS, its just for BOS.
i get that info from 1 month and tested in raids /dung so cool trinket and yeah add more damg atm -

Thanks

0 0

Vynrin

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-10-2019 22:33)

Post Posted: 15-02-2018, 04:09:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

change my spec to frost coz UH dk does low dmg .....
0 0

tesar1

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-12-2020 13:52)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 14-11-2018, 20:14:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Delete

Last edited by tesar1 on 08-01-2019, 18:29:57; edited 1 time in total
0 0

CyberKing

[the Ripper]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Votes: 15

Post Posted: 15-11-2018, 11:18:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

He didn't type the talent correctly. That one is the worst one you can take from that specific row because it makes your AMS give 0 Runic Power on successful Magic Damage absorption which makes u lose DPS if u use AMS to get bonus Runic Power. So the clear choice is one of the 2 defensive cooldowns.

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true."
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 15:17:06
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x