User
Pass
2FA

windows 10 read only issue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message2115
syncronius

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-03-2020 13:04)

Post Posted: 25-10-2018, 21:49:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Got a new computer last week, installed it with all the latest updates.

Everything works just fine untill i downloaded the freakz software.

When trying to set the data folder and its contents to non read only, it does not allow me to do it. I've checked my permissions dozens of time, i have ownership of the folder and full acces but everytime i try to set it to non read only, it just reverts back to read only.

the read only box now has 3 states : checked, unchecked and squared. it always goes back to squared. ive even used cmd commands ( attrib -r etcetera) but nothing works.

ive searched the net for a half a day trying to find a solution but so far it always goes back to those permissions. wich are set correctly.

Does any of you have an idea?

greetz

Oepabakkes.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 27-10-2018, 10:01:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Squared means it's disabled. Has been this way since Windows XP, the 3 states are a bit confusing but for some technical reason that's the only way they can display it correctly.

Tick means it's on
Square means it's off
Empty box only exists for the option to change from Tick to Square basically.

Disable read only for the WoW folder, change the Freakz launcher and the WoW executables to start with administrator privileges and you should be good to go, report back here if you have any issues after that.

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

syncronius

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-10-2018, 15:07:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

the issue remains.

This issue is a global windows 10 issue.

the error i'm getting is the read only error box after starting the freakz launcher.

The squared state returns even if you first set the folder to read only , applying it... square still there. Disable it again... apply it... square is back.

i'll keep fiddling around with the permissions, although i'm quite sure ive set everything correctly.

thanks for the reply though.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 28-10-2018, 18:36:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As I said.. square means it's disabled, basically. Folders do not have a read only state, the read only state applies to files inside the folder, but not the folder itself.

https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141789-square-box-read-only.html

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

syncronius

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-10-2018, 19:10:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

seems you are right.
So with that in mind,

ive manually set all the files in the data folder to read only off.

set all the exe's to start with admin,

still the game does not run and gives me the read only error box.

Update @ 28-10-2018, 19:10:11

fixed it. seems it was a corrupt download from the latest launcher. Redownloaded it and reinstalled it. works perfectly now.

thx for the effort Altezia.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 28-10-2018, 22:01:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You're welcome, have fun ingame!

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 02-05-2024, 17:57:18
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x