User
Pass
2FA

Game crashes when choosing a specific character followed by extremly frustrating bugs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1107
Dendaru

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-05-2020 21:57)

Post Posted: 22-02-2019, 09:03:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: What am i supposed to write here?
Bug description: Been playing on this server for about 2 weeks now and everything worked fine on my warrior, since i started my hunter tho the game crashes every now and then ofcourse with an error message. Usually when i start the game back up again and start moving with my hunter the game gives the a 15 sec sleeping debuff, onscreen messages appear saying im using the wrong launcher and i get kicked out. Ive installed your launcher since day 1 ive been playing here and updated it since i got this error 5 times nothing changed. Ive deleted the cache a multiple amount of times which didnt help at all and in the video i put a link to i had another instance of your client open at the second crash which was not the cause of the crash tho. Also my character cant be invited in any guilds as it says "an invitation for this character already has been sent" so i think my character is bugged.
I know that the debuff bug and the kick did not happen in both cases in the video but it doesnt do that all the time too.
Whenever such a crash happens all my elveui settings are being reverted and its extremly frustrating..
Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=tfPozYDRyF4:

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-02-2019, 15:32:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Dendaru,

About being kicked for not using the launcher, check these things:

-Check if launcher_freakz.dll and launcher_freakz-64.dll are still in your WoW folder. (Anti virus software often detects these files as a virus and deleted and/or quarantines them)
-Add the Freakz launcher and its DLL files as exception in your Anti Virus (including Windows Defender) and restore any deleted/quarantined files if possible.
-Set all Freakz launchers and WoW.exe files to run with administrator privileges.
-If none of the above helps, try to start launcher_freakz.exe instead of the 64-bit version. You can also try to delete launcher_freakz-64.dll, launcher_freakz-64.exe and WoW-64.exe.
-For some users it helped to move the client to another location, for example the desktop.

As for the crash error.. that one's quite severe, I'm afraid. Error 123 is a memory error, this can be related to third party services (for example a broken AddOn), a broken Windows account or in the worst case actual problems with your system's memory (RAM). This is not a bug or anything, but a legit error message that you should potentially worry about. Try to see if this happens when not using addons - if it still does, create a new profile in Windows and try it on that one. If it then still happens, try running some system diagnosis tools to check if everything's okay with your RAM.

As for settings being reset - that's what happens when you crash or get disconnected without saving. You should log out of your character after finishing all settings - that way they will save. If they don't, I recommend you to check out this topic: https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Saving-in-game-settings-t540479.html

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Dendaru

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 22-02-2019, 20:03:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for the quick reply!
I totally didnt think about the fact that an addon might be the cause for it. Ive installed Elveui 1 hour before i created my hunter, so ill check and see if those issues still happen without elveui installed. After that ill try the other suggestions that you have already mentioned.
Im sorry to bother you with this too but i still cant get invited into guilds for some reason, ive already googled for it but the solutions that were mentioned on blizzards forums were connected with special features of the battle.net client which obviously i cant take advantage of in my case.
Is there anything that you can do? Some sort of reset or something like that? Whenever someone invites me in a guild it says theres already an invite pending for this user.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 1 week ago)

Post Posted: 22-02-2019, 20:48:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello again Dendaru,

Try to unstuck the character on the website and check your Interface options. In the social tab there's an option to block guild invites, make sure that's not on, if it is already off, try turning it on and off again. There's nothing I can do for you, Helpers are not Game Masters and have no ingame powers.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Dendaru

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 22-02-2019, 20:50:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Youre the best! I actually had block guild invites on.. Dumb me. Thanks for your help!
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 1 week ago)

Post Posted: 22-02-2019, 20:52:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Great to hear that, Dendaru!

Now here's hoping that my other suggestions will help in fixing the Error 123 crash and the kick for supposedly not using the launcher.
Please keep me updated on that.

Best regards
Sarah

0 0

Dendaru

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 22-02-2019, 20:54:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I definitely will. I have disabled Elveui and ive been playing without any issues right now. I definitely will refer back to this topic should i encouter any of those issues mentioned above. -
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 11-05-2024, 20:41:42
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x