User
Pass
2FA

[Mage][Arcane] Arcane missiles vs Tarnished Sentinel Medallion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1966
Ligma
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 03-05-2019 16:43)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 07-04-2019, 20:14:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: Arcane Missiles Tarnished Sentinel Medallion
Bug description: Arcane Missiles never proc the empowered attack of the owl even though they should because each missile projectiles is counted as a direct damage spell hit on retail (you will see in the video provided at proof a mage getting multiple empowered procs on owl from a 3 missile proc dump since it basically translates to multiple direct damage hits from all projectiles combined).

The fact that on this server missiles cant proc that attack results in considerable damage loss as a mage cannot spend all time casting arcane blast to benefit from the owls empowered attacks (since the spec revolves around 2 spells, blast and missiles during burn phases), it means wasting mana and wasting missile procs which is considered a sin for this spec. In fact it might be possible that this problem is beyond just the medallion trinket and might apply to all trinkets or passives with on hit procs but requires special conditions for some accurate testing which i do not have access to or the means to perform on live server, but one thing is very clear on live, missiles never proc the empowered owl attack and they should.

If possible please test on dev realm the following way:

Make a macro to constantly add missile procs with .aura and only cast only arcane missiles while the owl is active, make sure there are no other damage sources like enchants or other trinkets or whatever. You will notice it never fires empowered attacks.
If you have the patience to try other trinkets with on hit procs please test it.

@Padheari

Proof: Here is proof from retail that arcane missile projectiles should proc the owl empowered attack. Go to 9:23 and pay attention to owl when he dumps all 3 arcane missile procs, the owl fires multiple empowered attacks even though he is casting only missiles. Slow video down if needed, this happens every time he uses the trinket but this timestamp is the most clear.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9D1FW-_NY:

3 0

Ligma
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 10-04-2019, 00:05:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Here is better/more clear proof. Go to 3:35 and play video at 0.25 speed. he gets 5 empowered bolts from 2 consecutive missile casts.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=X-y767jCBzU:

Last edited by Ligma on 10-04-2019, 00:06:23; edited 1 time in total
2 0

RedCoats

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-02-2021 10:17)

Post Posted: 19-04-2019, 22:34:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirmed, every projectile hit should have a chance to trigger trinket's additional procs.
0 0

Girouette

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-10-2020 00:44)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 21-04-2019, 20:29:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you for reporting this, i'm looking for this trinket for my arcane and seems very strong for this spec. I think that the issue is more related to how the game thinks of arcane missile as a only whole spell instead of taking each individual missile for a chance. For that reason i've completly dropped all my on chance trinkets because their proc chance is just very low and inconsistent.

Also, i see that mage pulling 5.5-6m crits on arcane blast, i cant even pull 4.5m with 58k int, he's got only 50k. Maybe something wrong with our damage? Dreaming

0 0

Ligma
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 29-04-2019, 02:34:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Girouette wrote:
Thank you for reporting this, i'm looking for this trinket for my arcane and seems very strong for this spec. I think that the issue is more related to how the game thinks of arcane missile as a only whole spell instead of taking each individual missile for a chance. For that reason i've completly dropped all my on chance trinkets because their proc chance is just very low and inconsistent.

Also, i see that mage pulling 5.5-6m crits on arcane blast, i cant even pull 4.5m with 58k int, he's got only 50k. Maybe something wrong with our damage? Dreaming

Yeah i've had this suspicion for a long time, to be honest i didnt even know how to phrase the problem correctly in the report title so i just reported it as bad interaction with this trinket but it exposes the real problem. Arcane missiles itself is a very strange spell, its considered a channeled dot that benefits from pandemic effect but each projectile is treated as a direct spell hit, not damage over time.
This is the main reason we cant use deadly grace potions or the medallion trinket on arcane, unless you spam arcane blast only (which is impossible) you are going to miss out on procs and its very easy to see once you do a test and compare number of hits with some warcraft logs.

The damage of our spells is fine though, we have relatively simple formulas and they have been checked already. That mage definitely didnt do 5.5-6m crits on blast however. If you pause the second video at 0:12 you can see his arcane blast crit with concordance and 2p 10% up for 4.431.600 damage.
Arcane spec problems mainly come from alot of issues with arcane missiles like:

-Pandemic effect doesnt work here (there are also some specific interactions with the rule of threes trait and pandemic effect)
-It doesnt have the correct flags and it cant proc stuff
-Sometimes fails to fire all projectiles in a cast even if you dont interrupt it prematurely, which is a huge deal considering each projectile can crit for up to 1.4m during burst on a very high ilvl mage, so when you lose a projectile it hurts alot
-Spec is basically unplayable if there are server delays

Since the spec revoles around 2 spells, its easy to see why it is heavily impacted by these problems, as arcane missiles when played correctly and with the proper gear/relics will be your number one source of damage.

Last edited by Ligma on 29-04-2019, 02:38:09; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Girouette

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-10-2020 00:44)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 29-04-2019, 17:03:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Never thought about the on proc issue with missible, my biggest concern till now has been the problem with missing ticks. Normally you lose a missile every 2 o 3 procs, it happens more frequently when there is server lag or you are under the effects of BL (timewarp, etc). Also the pandemic effect would be a great addition, specially at very high haste levels.

About the damage, i might have seen wrong, but i saw a 5.7m crit there, maybe another spell, but it isn't impportant, i think our damage is good, anymore would be umbalancing.

Definetly it would be great to be able to use on proc trinkets and effects like deadly grace and lots of the on proc trinkets out there and enchants also. I hope arcane gets a little love here to make it a little more playable, right now all you see are frost mages in raid, even when we can pull quite good numbers on pure ST encounters.

Also i wanted to report another issue, not sure if it has to be done in another topic tho. Whenever your mastery value changes you lose about 30% of your mana, also when you use evocation it recovers an wrong amount of mana per tick, that when you start casting again updates with the much lower but true mana gained. This migh be a pure visual bug but it wasn't like this 15 days or so ago.

0 0

Ligma
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 30-04-2019, 16:51:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yes, the issue with mastery changes messing your current mana has been reported here. The evocation problem is just visual, not sure exactly when or why this started happening because at the beginning of this patch (and a good 2-3 months into it) it was OK, then out of nowhere the visual glitch started happening.

You need to use a castbar addon like quartz to show where evocation ticks happen and you'll be fine as long as you let the ticks occur and ignore the crazyness of the mana bar while you evocate.

0 0

Joakako

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-06-2019 04:16)

Post Posted: 15-05-2019, 23:00:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Working from direct spells like Arcane Blast and Arcane Barrage but not missiles
ttps://imgur.com/a/pcuHcup

Update @ 16-05-2019, 00:00:40

https://imgur.com/a/pcuHcup

0 0

NurZooL

[Cojones FTW]

(since 12-04-2022 20:07)

Votes: 12

Post Posted: 18-05-2019, 18:58:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Tested.
Confirmed.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by NurZooL, 18 May 2019 16:58

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 10:59:35
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x