User
Pass
2FA

Mac - Crash on Login Screen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message522
magicsyrup

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-05-2019 10:30)

Post Posted: 21-05-2019, 02:22:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hey, hoping to get someone's input on this. I'm on a MacBook Pro using Wine. I was getting Error 134 while launching the game at first, then I deleted launcher_freakz64.exe, launcher_freakz64.dll, and WoW64.exe and managed to get to the login screen. When I enter my credentials, the screen says "Connecting" for a few seconds before the game crashes and gives me this error: https://imgur.com/BX1VrhE

I've tried reinstalling the launcher, deleting the WTF, Cache, and Interface folders, and replacing the config folder, but my game still crashes at "Connecting". Thanks in advance to anyone who has some insight.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(since 25-03-2024 23:42)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 21-05-2019, 08:36:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello magicsyrup,

I'm not sure how MACs work, as I've never used one, but the error you're getting - on Windows - indicates that the game doesn't have permission to alter some data in its folders. Is there an equivalent to "Read only" properties on folders on MACs? If so, remove that. Can you run applications with administrator permissions? If so, please try that.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

magicsyrup

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-05-2019 10:30)

Post Posted: 21-05-2019, 10:18:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hello magicsyrup,

I'm not sure how MACs work, as I've never used one, but the error you're getting - on Windows - indicates that the game doesn't have permission to alter some data in its folders. Is there an equivalent to "Read only" properties on folders on MACs? If so, remove that. Can you run applications with administrator permissions? If so, please try that.

Best regards
Sarah

Hi Sarah, thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately I've checked and adjusted the permissions of my folders and files and attempted to run the exe in "administrator mode", or at least as close as I could attempt with Mac, and to no avail. :[ I'll keep trying to look for a fix in the meantime and update if I find any solution.

If anyone else has any experience with this, feel free to chime in.

0 0

livvydoodlez

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-08-2019 02:41)

Post Posted: 30-05-2019, 09:32:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So I'm not sure how Mac works, but if it's any similar to Linux, make sure you are allowing some of the core files to run with your WoW. Make sure you have fonts installed, that directx (or vulkan) is working, as well as .netframeworks. Not having the requirements to run WoW in-general might be the reason why you cannot physically log in. You may be able to get to the login screen, but not quite connect.
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 27-04-2024, 20:11:00
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x