User
Pass
2FA

BM or MM Hunter artifact quest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1506
nomakar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-01-2019 12:12)

Post Posted: 10-01-2019, 11:00:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

it seems either im bad at the class or way under geared but no matter what i do in the aritfact quest line every enemy hits me like a freight train while i do barely any damage especially the first ones im struggling to stay alive is there any advice on what i need to do or anything like that most my gear is like 409 with a 690 bow
0 0

E130520

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-03-2019 07:18)

Post Posted: 11-01-2019, 02:00:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I think it doesn't matter if you are BM or MM i just tried with both spec, i just died literally 80 times. I tried about 5 hours but i just only came for step 7 which is final boss with lot of shitty eyes and i died again and again. Out of that you can't try forever because you need to repair your gear. I think it just bugged because fel portal keepers "which is casting fell spell" definitly doing bugged damage. NPC is just bugged already she does not do anything. It needs to be fix. BTW tried with 199 then i realised maybe with more gear which you can 101 lvl legion gears. I have momently full set legion 700 ilvl but it just same doesn't matter.
0 0

MillerT

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-10-2022 22:13)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 13-01-2019, 22:57:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yeh its tough. make sure not to die to the eyes, because you cant rez and will have to start again from the beginning
0 0

Takachan

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-03-2021 16:38)

Post Posted: 25-01-2019, 01:55:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

MillerT wrote:
Yeh its tough. make sure not to die to the eyes, because you cant rez and will have to start again from the beginning

It's not tough it's broken,like so many areas on this server the mobs are hitting far to hard don't trust me look at any video from live in legion and you can see the broken nature. Maybe they will fix it seeing what is sold in the shop i doubt it will be though.

0 0

HM9cPhABFctJ

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-01-2019 16:17)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 29-01-2019, 13:28:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It is broken indeed. Given the fact that Broken Isles unlocks at 98, we're looking at people in ilvl ~400 gear doing these quests. At such an ilvl and lvl 98, you're looking at maybe 120k - 130k health.

ALL artifact quest fights I have tried so far (DK, DH and Hunter) deal MORE than enough damage to either oneshot or twoshot such a healthpool.

- Demon Hunter obviously was a joke, see below.
- Death Knight could only be done by switching to Blood and going full on Death Strike spam and even then it was barely doable.
- Hunter -- No way, no how. Because we cannot even approach it from a Hunter perspective, CC. MOST F-ING MOBS IN THE ENCOUNTERS ARE F-ING CC-IMMUNE! And given the fact that Spirit Mend is broken as well (yes yes, I know, devs are going to come in here and claim it is working as intended; IT IS NOT; on retail it factors in steps, it is not a simple one-formula-for-all-chapters formula, there is a factor in there to take relative power into account) healing your way through is not going to work either.

On retail these problems (excessive damage, excessive health on the targets) obviously were not the case, no expansion EVER had such a rough and challenging start to it.

It is bugged here. But you know, I have seen quite a few bug reports about this particular issue now and, there seems to be no intention whatsoever to fix the issue. I am getting the distinct impression that the devs simply never actually played retail Legion and with having no frame of reference to base the damage levels of these quests on and are just basing it off of the one working frame of reference they do have; the Demon Hunter.

But you know... the Demon Hunter spawns into existence with ilvl 660 gear. So, obviously he is going to have more than enough health to take a pounding!

And leveling in WoD to 100 and getting some quest reward gear going is NOT going to fix the issue for the player. There is no way for people to breach the gap. To illustrate, my initial attempt was at 98 on my Hunter. Approx. 120k health. Failed hard. So, decided to go back to WoD. Leveled to 100, gained some more quest rewards gear. Gained a fair bit of ilvl... and... about 13k health. NOT GOING TO BREACH THE GAP LIKE THAT!

The artifact quests are BROKEN! Anyone claiming otherwise is either BUYING their way to them or is just covering up.

For final proof and reference, consider the following -- Fresh 98 non-DH, with the first few Legion items (the trinket and weapon): ~120k health. Now, roll a new DH (which is also 98)... 600k health. See where I am going with this? No, not saying that DHs are OP. That is not what I am saying at all. I am saying that there is a problem with the artifact weapon quest chain balance in general. It is based off incorrect data and uses the wrong conclusions and implementations.

0 0

blazinhazen

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-07-2019 18:18)

Post Posted: 14-06-2019, 23:06:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

MillerT wrote:

Yep, that's very frustrating

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 15-06-2019, 11:31:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There's nothing bugged or broken about them, you just need to look at it with a realistic approach.

We don't do any custom tuning on our server - everything is as close to retail as possible.

Artifact Scenarios are tuned for an item level of around 640 at level 98, add 10 ilvl to that for every additional level your character has (which is realistic to have on retail if you've levelled all the way through Draenor on x1 rates) - this is why for Demon Hunters it appears easy to you, because you're actually properly geared for the scenario with that class.

Here on our server, if playing with 10x rates, your ilvl will usually be somewhere around 400-450... which is more than 200 item level below what you're supposed to have. Of course you're going to get oneshot. 400 ilvl equals late Cataclysm (Dragon Soul Heroic drops 410 ilvl), 450 ilvl equals Normal Mists of Pandaria dungeons. You can't seriously be expecting to not struggle when using gear which is 2-3 expansions old? In what expansion has that ever turned out well before?

There are multiple ways to combat this issue:
- Lower your levelling rates so you acquire more gear while levelling in Draenor
- Run some dungeons in Draenor or Legion Normal difficulty
- Level to level 101 and buy some ilvl 680 green items off the auction house (they're usually pretty cheap!)

But please don't try and make up any excuses about damage being too high just because you're over 200 item level below what you're supposed to be.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.

Last edited by Sarah on 15-06-2019, 11:35:49; edited 1 time in total
0 0

MillerT

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-10-2022 22:13)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 18-06-2019, 19:26:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

well, rezzing directly under the eyes IS a bug
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 18 June 2019 18:24

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 02-05-2024, 16:29:38
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x