User
Pass
2FA

Ingame command to check if a player has completed a quest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1680
Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 13-08-2019, 10:45:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello,

Today I'd like to suggest an ingame command to lookup if a player (not necessarrily yourself only) has completed a specific quest, that could for example look like this:

.checkquest [Character] [Quest name or ID]

"Character [name] has [completed/not completed] [Quest name]."

Now I know of course that there's a macro to check if a quest has been completed, the problem with it that is that many players don't really understand how to properly get IDs for quests, or how to use said macro correctly, it's being a daily hassle, especially on Discord and ingame, where explaining that without the possibility of the player copy-pasting the macro (unless they use a chat addon to allow this) is pretty complicated.

Having this ingame command would most likely make it much easier for players to check their quest progress, and it would allow for Helpers or just helpful players to help out players in need of help, as they could look up the progress for them. This would probably reduce the amount of tickets GMs receive about people asking them to track their quests aswell.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
1 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(since 22-05-2022 09:36)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 27-08-2019, 21:17:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,
In the same spirit as this ingame command, I was wondering whether it would be possible to have a questhelper function that shows you on which character you have completed a certain quest when checking that quest out in the database.
This would help greatly when trying to find out on which quest in a chain you are when you've lost track. I'm not sure if this should be a separate topic but because Sarah's suggestion is a bit like it I would just like to add this little suggestion of myself.

Greetings, Barney

XXX Barney

0 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 9 hours ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 29-09-2019, 20:47:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Isn't there a addon for chain progress?

Retired

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 29-09-2019, 20:53:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There's an incomplete, unfinished one by one of our players, other than that, not that I'm aware of.

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 9 hours ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 30-09-2019, 20:39:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You mean Quest completist or Loremaster ?

Retired

Last edited by Denim on 30-09-2019, 20:40:02; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 08-04-2020, 02:45:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This version of Quest Completelist works fine for 7.3.5

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/quest_completist/download/2546271

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 24-04-2024, 07:42:54
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x