User
Pass
2FA

WoW doesn't pop up, stays in background proc

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message682
Roll123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-04-2023 05:24)

Votes: 1

ClimaxPrince 
Post Posted: 10-12-2019, 22:33:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So I had this problem long ago, the problem was my anti-virus stopping the game from working or just popping up, now i'm having the same issue but it has gotten to the point where i'm not finding any fix to it. I disabled my anti-virus, removed it at some point, checked the firewall, disabled windows defender, ran the game as an administrator, nothing worked. It worked perfectly without any problems before i removed the game, and now when i wanna start playing it again, it simply doesn't work, it doesn't pop up, literally stays in the background proc consuming some memory and does nothing. I did not try getting the torrent, but I highly doubt that'll fix my issue since the launcher itself used to work and download the files in 2m or so after the first start up, now it does nothing whatsoever. I tried changing the attribute from the data folder to read only but it still didn't work, I also tried a few other possible solutions that i found on the forum, but nothing was successful. I'm not getting any error, I also tried to play wow on the retail, trying to see if i had something in my pc that was blocking the game itself no matter what, but the retail version works perfectly, like every other game.
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 11-12-2019, 10:31:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Roll123,

You HAVE to use the torrent, downloading the game via launcher is not possible anymore since March due to Blizzard removing files from their CDN servers.

Basically, if a single file is missing from the game, you'll get the launcher in Task Manager, trying to download files which fails because the files are no longer available on Blizzard's CDN (download server)

You must have the complete torrent client, downloaded without any errors, in order to play.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

ZDenis47

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-12-2019 23:09)

Post Posted: 12-12-2019, 23:19:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

hello i also have this problem.. redownloaded the game 3 times... here is the conversation

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/view-post-5926887.html

Last edited by ZDenis47 on 12-12-2019, 23:20:16; edited 1 time in total
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 00:30:47
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x