User
Pass
2FA

[Legendary loot table/BLP] Purified Titan Essence counting as drop/Legendary Loot table

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1047
Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-10-2022 20:08)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 18-08-2020, 21:56:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: No applicable
Bug description: Based on the legendary drop statistics, some of the sources that should drop legendaries are missing from the loot table, also these do not contribute to the BLP/ Important: Purified Titan Essence should not count as a legendary drop, thus shouldn't affect BLP or drop chance in any way.

Proof: https://www.wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide

These are the official sources that should have a chance to drop a legendary item, also these should also contribute to the BLP (which probably not all of them now do)

LEGENDARY ELIGIBLE SOURCES1:
Dungeon bosses
Raid bosses
World bosses
Emissary Caches (rewarded after completing 4 world quests)
Arena wins
Rated/Unrated Battleground wins
PvP Strongboxes
Mythic+ Weekly Caches
Rare mobs
Treasures
Blingtron 6000 Gift Package2
Relinquished gear tokens
Paragon reputation bags - Reward obtained from obtaining reputation beyond Exalted with Legion factions
Lesser and Greater Argus Invasion Point bosses

LEGENDARY NON-ELIGIBLE SOURCES:
Individual World Quests
Daily Quests
Storyline/Levelling Quests
Non-boss mobs
Fishing2
Gathering

Now before a Helper, or a GM actually rejects this with a generic "BLP works as intended", It would be fair to at least confirm that these sources are actually in the loot table.
For instance, a staff member confirmed (for reasons the name will not be disclosed) that Blingtron 6k is removed from the loot table, while it was present in 7.2.5 and also on retail (read the blue post - https://www.wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide)

Also, argus rares and argus treasures don't drop legendaries and don't contribute to BLP.

Last edited by Skillshot on 30-08-2020, 14:14:44; edited 4 times in total
1 0

Zormat

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-07-2022 23:22)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 29-08-2020, 21:37:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wait a minute, world quests should ALL contribute to legendary drop.
But yeah, it looks like after the patch came out, legendary drop has lowered a lot. I'm playing more in this patch than the previous, and so far I only dropped 4 legendaries on 4 different characters, 2 of which just last week, after 6 months of patch. It should be really looked into.

0 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 29-08-2020, 21:53:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zormat wrote:
But yeah, it looks like after the patch came out, legendary drop has lowered a lot. I'm playing more in this patch than the previous, and so far I only dropped 4 legendaries on 4 different characters, 2 of which just last week, after 6 months of patch. It should be really looked into.

this is the list.

https://imgur.com/dskKqsU

My only guess is that the legendaries that you buy with titan essence count toward the actual number. Thus, even if you didn't have any legendaries looted but actually bought them - they will make your legendary drop much harder, due to the nature of how the BLP is implemented. 1st and 2nd have the highest chance.

In my case i bought 5 legendary items with "Purified Titan Essence", so my wild guess is that the system "thinks" I'm on my 5th legendary.

This shouldn't happen.

https://www.wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide

https://imgur.com/b69kWV2

0 0

searcas

[Challenger]

(since 01-08-2021 18:21)

Votes: 16

Post Posted: 30-08-2020, 12:25:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I loot 4 legendary from essence and 0 from BLP/World -
Not even first boosted legendary drop work at all :)

Update @ 30-08-2020, 12:25:34

And i don't wanna even talk about second legendary drop which also should be boosted not like first but yea much boosted than 3rd 4th and etc.

1 0

gudrisha

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-07-2022 19:58)

Post Posted: 30-08-2020, 13:01:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I am not really sure how it works now, but it is very weird to say the least. On 3 of my chars i dropped several leggos whilst not doing much stuff on them, perhaps 1 hc antorus weekly and weekly cap (sometimes occasional emisary) whilst on some others i regularly do emisaries, rdf, world quests, nm/hc antorus and i buy 6 leggos before 1 even dropped.

Related to your post though

I myself got leggendary from following:

Dungeon Bosses
Raid Bosses
Emisary
Mythic weekly
RDF HC
Relinquished gear tokens
Paragon reputation bags

1 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 30-08-2020, 13:04:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

searcas wrote:
I loot 4 legendary from essence and 0 from BLP/World -
Not even first boosted legendary drop work at all -

Update @ 30-08-2020, 12:25:34

And i don't wanna even talk about second legendary drop which also should be boosted not like first but yea much boosted than 3rd 4th and etc.

Yeah, probably the algorithm counts the legendaries you buy and adjusts BLP accordingly. If it's true, you are actually decreasing the change for a legendary to drop with every one bought -

Update @ 30-08-2020, 13:04:34

gudrisha wrote:
and i buy 6 leggos before 1 even dropped.

So another situation contributing to my guess. I got 5 here.

Last edited by Skillshot on 30-08-2020, 13:08:28; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Zormat

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-07-2022 23:22)

Post Posted: 30-08-2020, 16:33:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Skillshot wrote:
Zormat wrote:

this is the list.

So you're saying that in the previous patches wq were bugged? Cuz I got at least 3-4 leggos in 7.1 and 7.2 with world quests... I always knew they were a great source for leggos, but I guess not then...

Skillshot wrote:
My only guess is that the legendaries that you buy with titan essence count toward the actual number. Thus, even if you didn't have any legendaries looted but actually bought them - they will make your legendary drop much harder, due to the nature of how the BLP is implemented. 1st and 2nd have the highest chance.

In my case i bought 5 legendary items with "Purified Titan Essence", so my wild guess is that the system "thinks" I'm on my 5th legendary.

This shouldn't happen.

That's what I think too, the token resets your chance and BLP probably. It doesn't make sense that in last patch with my Warrior main I didn't even do Emissaries anymore cuz they were useless and I still dropped more leggos than now... in 6 months of doing ALL emissaries, random hc, some raids and a lot of keys I only dropped 1 and bought like 7-8... Ridiculous

0 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 30-08-2020, 16:46:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zormat wrote:
Skillshot wrote:
Zormat wrote:

this is the list.

So you're saying that in the previous patches wq were bugged? Cuz I got at least 3-4 leggos in 7.1 and 7.2 with world quests... I always knew they were a great source for leggos, but I guess not then...

Not sure what exactly you mean with "WQ", rare mobs from world quest may drop legendaries also the "Emissary Caches (rewarded after completing 4 world quests)" surely do, actually they had a quite big contribution to BLP.

0 0

se7enspree
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-11-2020 14:23)

Post Posted: 30-08-2020, 18:38:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Skillshot wrote:
Not sure what exactly you mean with "WQ", rare mobs from world quest may drop legendaries also the "Emissary Caches (rewarded after completing 4 world quests)" surely do, actually they had a quite big contribution to BLP.

In 7.1 and 7.2, WQs (not emissaries, or rare mobs) dropped legendaries too. That's what he means.

0 0

searcas

[Challenger]

(since 01-08-2021 18:21)

Votes: 16

Post Posted: 31-08-2020, 09:43:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yea when i talked about that i got rejected without any normal or logical answer
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-First-boosted-legendary-drop-from-BLP-t589534.html
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-Legendary-drop-for-two-weeks-t583974.html

0 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 31-08-2020, 09:54:19 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

searcas wrote:
Yea when i talked about that i got rejected without any normal or logical answer
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-First-boosted-legendary-drop-from-BLP-t589534.html
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-Legendary-drop-for-two-weeks-t583974.html

The thing is, helpers or even GMs don't know how exactly the algorithm is coded. Only Devs and Senior GMs have access to that info.
Helpers/Class mods will most likely give you a standard answer about RNG, that's the easiest thing to do and most appropriate for their function.

Just a reminder for the fellow members:

https://imgur.com/q73w3me

Last edited by Skillshot on 31-08-2020, 10:39:27; edited 3 times in total
2 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 13-09-2020, 08:52:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

To further prove my guessing, this is the situation as of today:

Out of 8 eligible legendaries, there was only one drop (after 5th week)

Content done:

Emissary Chests: 43
Weekly Chest: 6
Argus Chests (Lesser; Greater): 122; 23
Argus Rares: 124
Heroic Dungeons: 144
Broken Shore Rares: 5
Mythic 0 Dungeon Bosses: 19
Mythic + Dungeons: 62
Raid bosses (LFR; Normal; Heroic; Mythic; Non Current Raid): 0; 30; 42; 0; 0
PvP events: 49
War Supplies Caches: 0
Blingtron 6000: 7

Added to these are ~30 relinquished tokens.

P.S.
Probably no so high chance for the first 2 legendaries. The algorithm most definitely counts the Titan essence - https://imgur.com/q73w3me

I would hopefully consider this as a bump.

Last edited by Skillshot on 13-09-2020, 08:53:57; edited 2 times in total
0 0

gudrisha

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-07-2022 19:58)

Post Posted: 13-09-2020, 09:05:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Skillshot wrote:

P.S.
Probably no so high chance for the first 2 legendaries. The algorithm most definitely counts the Titan essence - https://imgur.com/q73w3me

I mean this is probably rng af. Since then, i bought 4 leggos on prot pally w/o having 1 drop and yet on my 2nd shamy (ele) 1st leggo dropped after doing a 2nd m0 run immediately after hitting 110; and my 2nd lock(destro) i dropped a leggo really quickly after hitting 110 as well, bought 1 and then another 1 dropped after not doing so much content.

0 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 13-09-2020, 09:07:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

gudrisha wrote:
Skillshot wrote:

P.S.

I mean this is probably rng af. Since then, i bought 4 leggos on prot pally w/o having 1 drop and yet on my 2nd shamy (ele) 1st leggo dropped after doing a 2nd m0 run immediately after hitting 110; and my 2nd lock(destro) i dropped a leggo really quickly after hitting 110 as well, bought 1 and then another 1 dropped after not doing so much content.

any probability involved is rng, until there comes BLP - that's the whole point of this posting.

Anyways, it's expansion end, so most likely this will be ignored. So much for feedback questionnaire...

Last edited by Skillshot on 13-09-2020, 09:08:47; edited 1 time in total
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 13:00:26
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x