User
Pass
2FA

[Guide] How to transfer your macros and addons data from Exodus to Genesis.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1534
Gudbror

[I just wasted 20 rep]

(since 22-07-2016 14:53)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 14-07-2014, 01:30:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, as you can see, we will all be joining Genesis probably tomorrow, and most of the people are bothered by the fact that they have to rewrite their macros, re-configurate their addons again, etc. There is an easier way to do this than redoing it again, and that's what i'm about to explain to you in this simple and small tutorial:

First you need to follow this step in-game to do this properly:
You need to have logged in on Genesis at least 1 time (So it will create the Genesis file on WTF file which will be explained later.)

Ok, these steps should be done outside of the game (not necessarily tho):

1- Open your WoW Folder, and go to the WTF file.

2- Open the Account folder, and as you can see there will be a Folder named with your account name and you go in it.

3- You will see 2 folders, one with the Exodus name and the other one with the Genesis name, go inside on Exodus folder.

4- You will see all your characters's names in the Exodus folder, go into the folder of your character you want to "transfer" the macros and addons data to the other realm.

5- Now copy everything that is there, and go to the Genesis folder, you will see your character's folder and go in it and just simply paste and replace everything that is there.

And after it, all your configuration that was previously set on Exodus, it should be on Genesis aswell. (Btw if you were playing while doing this, you need to relog to make any effects.)

I hope this guide worked for you guys, and if there is any mistakes in it, please let me know so everybody can understand this guide.

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 14-07-2014, 10:56:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't think that it will work that way, because the current realm name is "Genesis - Romanian".
They will probably rename the realm because it's not Romanian-only anymore.

0 0

bordy

[Mentally unStable]

(since 24-06-2017 15:28)

Votes: 22

Post Posted: 14-07-2014, 12:43:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Just rename your "exodus" folder to new genesis..

0 0

Domminus

[Far From The Fame]

(since 20-04-2021 10:15)

Votes: 14

Post Posted: 17-07-2014, 18:38:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Or if you're not lazy u can make new macros..etc.

0 0

Shinoby

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-06-2015 08:44)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 31-08-2014, 10:33:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

thanks for the heads up

BEHIND EVERY GREAT FORTUNE LIES A GREAT CRIME

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 03-05-2024, 20:13:58
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x