User
Pass
2FA

Legendary drop clarification

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1994
schopenhauer4

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-08-2019 03:43)

Post Posted: 11-08-2019, 19:24:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello I am new on this server and looking for clarification regarding the Legendary drop system, as I received a lot of bad and contradicting information from players.
I played all of retail legion so I am somewhat familiar with the player side of receiving legendaries.
this was posted by a blue poster in these forums as a reference
of what the freakz system tries to emulate.
most things I could piece together by reading old forum posts here, but some player reports still confuse me and contradict available information:

-many players vow that farming m0 bosses AFTER you are locked out from personal loot for that particular boss still rewards legendary and adds bad luck prot, same for raids that you have already completed during this lockout. I see players claim this every day, do it every day etc, but this surely cannot be the case if the legen system
is anything like blizz. my understanding is this has been "fixed" but I cannot find an official announcement to verify this

-many players claim that legendaries cannot drop from Legionfall Recompense (100 Legionfall supplies turn in), which they should until patch 7.3 when they were removed

-many players claim previous patch raids are not worth completing in order to obtain legendaries, as they are in the "easy" category of content whereas only "hard" content is worthwhile (which would be tomb heroic? high m+ keys I suppose), so is there a definitive source on what "difficulty" applies to specific content in regards to legiondaries ?

I simply don't want to waste my time doing inefficient things, or things that don't actually reward legendary at all, but with the information available and conflicting player
reports it's hard to draw conclusions

cheers

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(since 25-03-2024 23:42)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 11-08-2019, 20:15:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

schopenhauer4 wrote:

-many players vow that farming m0 bosses AFTER you are locked out from personal loot for that particular boss still rewards legendary and adds bad luck prot, same for raids that you have already completed during this lockout. I see players claim this every day, do it every day etc, but this surely cannot be the case if the legen system
is anything like blizz. my understanding is this has been "fixed" but I cannot find an official announcement to verify this

This was fixed. You will never get a legendary (or BLP) from a boss you are loot locked on already.

schopenhauer4 wrote:

-many players claim that legendaries cannot drop from Legionfall Recompense (100 Legionfall supplies turn in), which they should until patch 7.3 when they were removed

Should be able to drop from them. If they in fact can't, then that would be a bug which, if reported properly with proof, will be fixed.

schopenhauer4 wrote:

-many players claim previous patch raids are not worth completing in order to obtain legendaries, as they are in the "easy" category of content whereas only "hard" content is worthwhile (which would be tomb heroic? high m+ keys I suppose), so is there a definitive source on what "difficulty" applies to specific content in regards to legiondaries ?

This is an interesting one. On retail it was provably incorrect (by looking at large scale statistics) that harder content had a higher chance to drop legendaries, it was simply not true, despite a loading screen tip stating this. Quite the opposite in fact, Normal mode raids had a higher drop chance than Heroic and Mythic ones. On our server however, more difficult content has a higher chance / awards more BLP. Mythic+ being an exception, due to it being spammable, it has a relatively low amount. Old raids are definitely worth it if you want to tryhard for legendaries, not the MOST efficient thing, but worth.

Take this information with a grain of salt. While I am a helper and have lots of experience playing Legion both here and back on retail, I do NOT have official information about the legendary system as a whole, and this info is based off of my and players who I've played with experiences. The only thing I can 100% guarantee you is that farming bosses who you've already looted this week does not give you any legendary or BLP whatsoever, this was considered an exploit and was fixed.

In my opinion the most efficient way to farm BLP is to do Tomb of Sargeras on all difficulties you can manage and every dungeon on Mythic 0, aswell as your daily World Quest Emissary. By doing this I can achieve a legendary roughly every week, which is pretty much the same as I've been able to get back on retail during this patch.

As for Mythic+, don't do it for legendaries. You should of course be doing proper Mythic+ dungeons to progress with your gear, but don't go out of your way to farm dungeons you don't actually need for legendary drops, that's, in my opinion, not worth it.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
1 0

schopenhauer4

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-08-2019 03:43)

Post Posted: 11-08-2019, 21:21:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

thank you for your thorough response, it is greatly appreciated
0 0

IronWill

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-01-2021 16:26)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 15-08-2019, 16:57:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The biggest problem, and what you guys omitted is that first 2(two) legendaries should have a very high chace of drop, but this is not working here. And this information comes not only from my experience, but form many other players I asked.
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

Post Posted: 15-08-2019, 18:48:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

"Very high chance of drop" is quite subjective though...

Back on retail I did some WQs on my Warrior, very first emissarry 1 hour after dinging 110 gave me my first legendary, 2 days later in LFR I got the second.

Meanwhile on Druid.. 2 weeks and nothing. Even though I arguably did the same amount of content on her.

Then on the next 110, a Warlock, I got the first after 2 days, but no second until 3 weeks later.

I never quite understood how it works and while it's true that they generally dropped fast, it wasn't always the case. I assume they have a higher than normal baseline drop chance, but BLP and luck are still a factor.

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-10-2022 20:08)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 13-09-2019, 19:43:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The BLP system here is not entirely "retail-like". There's no way to prove it on my side, unless you get a freakz-blue post confirmation - there's no very high chance to get the first 2 legendary items, instead it seems that the system increases or on players side decreases the BLP, which as effect makes every subsequent legendary harder to get. On retail it flattened out after 4th legendary, so if you had bad luck in getting your good leggos first on freakz, too bad... but take it with a grain of salt - personal, subjective information.

Also I wouldn't agree with Sarah's information related to what people should, but I guess she knows better how it's here.
There was a reason why world quest emissary and m+ on retail had a bigger % on BLP - blizzard made legendary items available to all, not just the raiders. Killing raid bosses gave very little percentage on BLP (compared to other activities).
Again, there's no way to check it here, only the devs know the exact algorithm, but it's not entirely blizz-like, but blizzard never actually disclosed fully how the system worked -

Last edited by Skillshot on 13-09-2019, 19:44:36; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Dwynen

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-01-2022 00:28)

Post Posted: 14-09-2019, 18:08:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

[quote="Sarah"]
schopenhauer4 wrote:

This was fixed. You will never get a legendary (or BLP) from a boss you are loot locked on already.

This is official or is just what you "think"? Because, as far as i know, legendaries are not in the normal loot tables, it's a different proc., hence, they should not be affected by being on cd with the boss. When was it "fixed"?

Last edited by Dwynen on 14-09-2019, 18:09:21; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

Post Posted: 14-09-2019, 18:32:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's official. Fixed on 15th July 2019, it is however a hidden fix that was not displayed in a changelog.

1 0

Dwynen

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-01-2022 00:28)

Post Posted: 14-09-2019, 18:46:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok, thanks -

Is there any official table with the leggo drop chances for different sources? (Insta bosses, raid bosses, normal mobs, relinquished items, etc.)

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

Post Posted: 14-09-2019, 19:37:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There isn't, AFAIK the only person who really knows them for sure (for our server) is Shocker himself.

For retail you can base estimates off the old LegendaryProgressTracker addon, however, I found these values to be mostly inaccurate for our server, even if the overall time required to get a legendary is more or less the same. Same time overall, but different scoring.

0 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-10-2022 20:08)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 15-09-2019, 16:00:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
There isn't, AFAIK the only person who really knows them for sure (for our server) is Shocker himself.

For retail you can base estimates off the old LegendaryProgressTracker addon, however, I found these values to be mostly inaccurate for our server, even if the overall time required to get a legendary is more or less the same. Same time overall, but different scoring.

LPT was written for 7.3 and up. Odd thing is - it was spot on for me on 7.1.5 and not so much after the latest fixes implemented. Anyways, addon itself admitted an error margin - 8-10%

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

Post Posted: 15-09-2019, 16:21:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

LPT has never been even remotely accurate for me on Freakz, not during 7.1.5, not now. Doing my usual stuff I was used to doing on retail got me nowhere here, I got my first legendary 3 weeks after capping BLP on the AddOn.

Since I changed my focus from raiding to farming a lot of Mythic 0 and Heroic dungeons, I've been getting legendaries much faster, at about the same raid as I remember getting them on retail. (I can pretty safely get 1 legendary per week if I really try)

So my verdict, as someone who played both Retail and Freakz, is that the overall timespam of getting legendaries when you're trying to farm them is the same, but the BLP values of the different sources are vastly different.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 25-04-2024, 21:31:32
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x