User
Pass
2FA

New! Quick Questions Regarding Server

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1030
Coolankel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-10-2019 20:17)

Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 16:55:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings,

I am brand new to the server and before deciding on a toon, I would appreciate any input that can be given.

I see that you have a 60:40 Horde to Alliance ratio. Are these active characters or simply all those above ilvl 800?

Does anyone have any estimates on the current population ratio?

I see raids like Molten Core and Blackwing Lair are not on the list of functioning raids. Are these unplayable, so no Tier 2 set?

I have played a DK to 68 so far, and the numbers feel extremely off. I understand this is not Legion content. How does it feel at 100-110?

I have lvl 5 boots dropping in a lvl 60+ dungeon. Does low level vendor trash drop in Legion zones, dungeons and/or raids as well?

Are there still dedicated raiding guilds on both sides? How likely is it to get into a raiding guild (I was 12/12 Heroic on Retail and have raided since Vanilla)?

Are there any other major differences that I should be aware of?

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you all in-game.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(since 25-03-2024 23:42)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 18:03:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Coolankel,

The 60:40 ratio does not take activity into account.

If anything, it's possibly even worse now, Horde is very noticably more populated.

Not really sure about most old raids, I know Molten Core can be fully done, the only real issue there is that bosses are considered level 93 instead of 63, but no problem if soloing it at 110.

You will feel a very steep increase in difficulty once you step into Legion content. If you're not properly geared for it (640+ ilvl) you will not stand a chance against most mobs unless you're cheesing them in Blood spec.

Loot is mostly working as intended in Legion zones. BoEs don't scale properly with the difficulty inside raids but that's about it. All other gear is dropping correctly. (Heroic dungeon loot displays a wrong ilvl but it's fixed when relogging, just a visual bug)

There are raiding guilds on both sides, which you can get into if you get some gear. They require between 900-925 ilvl.

The only real major difference which really threw me off (I played Legion on retail myself) was with how raid locks are working here. You do get loot locked to bosses as you're supposed to, however, checkpoints and killed bosses reset when you create a new instance for the raid. i.e. you can't simply clear Tomb of Sargeras from start to Maiden in a PuG you joined, then next day create your own group and start straight at Fallen Avatar. The raid would start fresh, but you're still loot locked to the bosses you already killed. This means you'll either have to clear a raid in one go or find groups which are currently recruiting for the boss(es) you still need to kill.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Stimulation

[Inner Voice]

(since 21-05-2023 08:36)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 18:04:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello and welcome to our server. First of all, I would like to notify you that Freakz is probably the best-scripted Legion server at the moment, as we have bug fixes daily, as well as fully scripted Legion content. As for your questions, I will answer all of them respectively:

1. The H:A ratio is for all characters that are on the corresponding side of the faction. Be it active or not, regardless of level, they count towards the ratio.

2. The current population is on average between 2000-3000 players, with more of them being active in the evenings, and on weekends.

3. Some of the old content is either not working or semi-working. You can, however, still acquire the old Tiers, but there is a possibility that you won't be able to complete the sets due to some raids not being scripted.

4. I could say that leveling is rather easy up until level 70. Then, you begin to rely more and more on your items as you progress through the content. At level 100, up until 110, you will be on the "normal" scale of the expansion, meaning that you won't be doing super-high damage, as well as have a moderate survivability ratio. At 110 it is clear - the better the items, the better you'll do in Dungeons and Raids.

5. Yes, we have green/gray items drop in Legion zones as well. There are also vendor-specific trash, which can be sold for quite the sum of money. (example)

6. There are a few decent guilds that raid on a weekly/daily basis, and have high demands on your gear and raiding experience. I myself have been in 2 or 3 raiding guilds on the Horde side, as I play Horde, can't say how it is on the Alliance side.

7. Any major differences, if you mean any content that is different than Blizzard, then no, we strive to be as close to Blizzard as possible, with a single exception with occassional custom boss along with a quest for mount/gold rewards.

I hope I've been clear enough, and that this information is sufficient to answer your questions. If not, feel free to reply to this topic with further questions, or send me a private message.

Greetings,
Stimulation

Greetings,
Stimulation
Former WoW Freakz Game Master
Make sure to join our Discord server as well!

Legion Heirlooms Guide
1 0

Coolankel

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 18:14:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you for the swift responses. I am aware that the scripting here and overall feel is the best to be found in regards to Legion. I am very happy so far and understand that all the phasing and what not in Legion can be extremely difficult and taxing to recreate (completely happy with the DK starting area the way it is, fine job).

I am not worried about that type of raid lock =) I just want to raid. I am however concerned that I wont be able to get my Druids transmoged in Tier 2 Stormrage set =( This has been a staple for me since Vanilla.

If there is enough Alliance active to still run Mythics and Raids without an issue, I would have no problem helping their side out. I am quite active and relatively knowledgeable all things Warcraft. I am not trying to shoot myself in the foot though and not be able to do content because not enough people are around.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(since 25-03-2024 23:42)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 18:18:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Keep in mind that most activities in the game are crossfaction, you can join groups with players from the Horde if you're alliance, and vice versa. (Via the premade group finder)

The only thing not crossfaction are the global chat and guilds.

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
1 0

Coolankel

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 18:20:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Keep in mind that most activities in the game are crossfaction, you can join groups with players from the Horde if you're alliance, and vice versa. (Via the premade group finder)

The only thing not crossfaction are the global chat and guilds.

I was just notified about this in my character migration application =) This is GREAT news. I was aware BGs were cross-faction but being able to dungeon/raid cross faction is a big plus!

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 25-04-2024, 11:20:00
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x