User
Pass
2FA

PvP Scaling - Bug report and Feedback
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Show only staff posts
Author Message3919
k0s

[Freakz Admin | Dev]

(since 24-09-2022 11:04)

Votes: 222

Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 09:49:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I disabled the pvp scaling until we come up with a solution.
2 0

vuanhlam92

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-02-2022 20:59)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 12:27:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

k0s wrote:

Do you sure disable that? today when i use full 423 deffensive build versa+mastery as destro lock, i have total 46-54% reduce dmg (31.23% from armor, 6.78% from versa, 8.2% + random 8.2% from mastery), 2 hunter low ilvl will down me in 4-5 sec, a 385 ilvl hunter shot me 83k damage is really hurt, another bg a today low hunt hit me 106k aim shot, 44k arcane shot

I tested on bg with 158 ilvl, my dmg still very low:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=YwV1zC32Sjc:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JddNTmpoM40:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rCTwHbbExjs:

I change affliction lock and attack a ret pala ilvl 243 with 61k hp, my drainlife 50 stacks do 47584 each tick but i only heal 10249 HP each tick, (drailife heal 165% damage done at 50 stacks) mean my real damage on him is 6212, so my damage reduce 87% on him
https://youtube.com/watch?v=09jf3ooBRHs:

A warrior 106k HP down 1/2 HP in 3-4 sec and a low ilvl ret pala do 58k templar's verdict too, bg is so broken now

0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 12:39:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Server needs to restart in order for the changes to be applied.

0 0

Nestx

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-05-2023 21:23)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 16:37:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Iplayferal wrote:
I haven't really done pvp in a while and i gave it a try today... I have no clue what scaling you guys did, but a 370 hunter just did a random 80k noncrit on my bis geared druid with 26% versa.... Does it look right to you? Just to make it clear, i didnt had any orb/berserking , neither he (check screenshot).

https://armory.wow-freakz.com/character/warsong/shioni

LE: 350ilvl / 120k HP hunter:
https://armory.wow-freakz.com/character/warsong/huntermatrix

42k aim shots

25k arcane shots

Also he is not taking the dmg that i am seeing on my screen. It shows that i am doing for example 10k and in reality hes taking like 2k or something, while he is doing 20% of my HP with each hit... this must be the worst scaling in the history of scalings. Me as bis geared wasting 15 seconds to kill a guy with 0 gear while he kills me in 4 seconds.... I need to take off my gear to make it fair am i right? -

Sadly that's probably how it works, all the gear that you currently have doesn't matter if you bought it or actually grinded for it is useless and in vain. This is probably the biggest mistake that Freakz has ever made, please turn off this PvP scale. Simply add Versatility gear to the PvP vendor and let people buy it in order to get the actual increase/reduce damage. This is too much, a 360 ilvl player can with out any problems kill a 405+ ilvl player. Basically you cannot do no damage to low players at all, 60% reduced damage is way too much.

Update @ 09-07-2021, 16:37:37

k0s wrote:

Why don't you guys just add more Versatility gear to the PvP Vendor, it's much easier and simpler to do that with out any problems. And people will probably grind more PvP in order to get that needed gear for PvP action.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 18:44:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nestx wrote:

Why don't you guys just add more Versatility gear to the PvP Vendor, it's much easier and simpler to do that with out any problems. And people will probably grind more PvP in order to get that needed gear for PvP action.

ALL items that exist are already on the vendor, literally every single one.

PvP items don't work like they did in Legion anymore, the stats are NOT random anymore. Every piece of gear has fixed stats again in BFA, and we have added every single item, for every armor type, to the vendor.

(Note that the stats for items on the gear differ depending on the season, i.e. Dread Gladiator plate legs have different stats than Sinister Gladiator plate legs, but it wouldn't be blizzlike at all to have all seasons' pieces available in a single season, and then just change their ilvl, so we will not do this)

0 0

Nestx

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 19:26:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Nestx wrote:

PvP items don't work like they did in Legion anymore, the stats are NOT random anymore. Every piece of gear has fixed stats again in BFA, and we have added every single item, for every armor type, to the vendor.

(Note that the stats for items on the gear differ depending on the season, i.e. Dread Gladiator plate legs have different stats than Sinister Gladiator plate legs, but it wouldn't be blizzlike at all to have all seasons' pieces available in a single season, and then just change their ilvl, so we will not do this)

What I'm trying to say is that there is not enough Versatility pieces, but regardless, this PvP Scale is not the solution to the "PvP problem" that you guys have. At this point every player should have high gear for casual PvPing. You are kind of late adding the scale, basically the players who got ilvl over 410 are useless in every match and the gear and grind was all in vain.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 19:36:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nestx wrote:
What I'm trying to say is that there is not enough Versatility pieces, but regardless, this PvP Scale is not the solution to the "PvP problem" that you guys have. At this point every player should have high gear for casual PvPing. You are kind of late adding the scale, basically the players who got ilvl over 410 are useless in every match and the gear and grind was all in vain.

About the Versatility pieces, well, that's just blizzlike gear design sadly. All the pieces that exist are already on the vendor. If you want more pieces with Vers, you will need to do PvE for them.

Some items, even potential BiS items, are locked behind high end PvE or PvP content, unfortunately that is how Blizzard designed this expansion. (A good example for this would be Ret Paladin Azerite pieces, two of three pieces are PvP pieces, which means that PvE Ret players will to PvP a lot and obtain high arena rating in order to get them at a good ilvl. Or a Crit+Haste two-handed weapon for Fury Warriors - only available from PvP in this season as there's none in either dungeons nor the BoD raid.)

As for the scaling, it's meant to even out the odds between low geared players and high geared players - although this first live-test has shown that there are still many issues with it which need ironing out before we can fully release it, so we will continue working on it for a while and, until then, it will be disabled.

Last edited by Sarah on 09-07-2021, 19:39:15; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Nestx

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 19:51:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Nestx wrote:

About the Versatility pieces, well, that's just blizzlike gear design sadly. All the pieces that exist are already on the vendor. If you want more pieces with Vers, you will need to do PvE for them.

Some items, even potential BiS items, are locked behind high end PvE or PvP content, unfortunately that is how Blizzard designed this expansion. (A good example for this would be Ret Paladin Azerite pieces, two of three pieces are PvP pieces, which means that PvE Ret players will to PvP a lot and obtain high arena rating in order to get them at a good ilvl. Or a Crit+Haste two-handed weapon for Fury Warriors - only available from PvP in this season as there's none in either dungeons nor the BoD raid.)

As for the scaling, it's meant to even out the odds between low geared players and high geared players - although this first live-test has shown that there are still many issues with it which need ironing out before we can fully release it, so we will continue working on it for a while and, until then, it will be disabled.

The server needs to be restarted, I don't know why are you not doing it but it doesn't matter. Are you sure that you even need a PvP Scale? As far as I know the only reason why people are complaining about PvP is probably the donors and not the regular players who actually play the game and do stuff for gearing up regardless of PvP or PvE.

0 0

k0s

[Freakz Admin | Dev]

(since 24-09-2022 11:04)

Votes: 222

Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 20:40:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There will be a restart tonight ~2-3AM.
0 0

Iplayferal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-09-2022 09:04)

Votes: 18

Post Posted: 09-07-2021, 22:43:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Is it possible to add like a "ILVL CAP" in pvp? This might solve some of the problems. Like the overall ilvl of a character to not go above 415 or something like that. Let the new players farm their gear, because is not fair for the ones that were playing all this time to struggle vs ppl that started a character 2 days ago.

To be honest thats how this game was since since it came out. No matter what expansion was, if your gear was shit everyone was runing you over. If you don't want to donate farm gear and the other way around , simple.

Ah and everyone is complaining about gear.... Why dont you farm your gear? Check where versa gear drops for your spec and go and farm it like wtf..... People crying that they got no gear but aint doing anything about it. I literally geared bis 5 chars, with bis stats, doing ONLY 1 M+ per week and looting the chest on friday. What's your problem with the gear i really dont understand.

Last edited by Iplayferal on 09-07-2021, 22:57:49; edited 3 times in total
0 0

Cringeson

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-09-2022 07:05)

Post Posted: 10-07-2021, 12:04:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I was scared writing this for the future of my twinks but since scaling is disabled now I thought I'd bring this up.

Pvp scaling was working in wpvp as suggested by my twink videos. But I think pvp scaling in wpvp should stay especially if there's going to be a cap implemented. because twinks have been irrelevant for the longest time. even just a 111-120 scaling exception would be fine.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=udaFzznKZPU:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rfnuIWS75pA:

I Have worked on my twinks ever since bfa released and pvp scaling made the effort worth it all.

0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 10-07-2021, 14:30:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nestx wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Nestx wrote:

You will have much more versatility gear from BFA S3 and S4 PvP pieces. S2 was a mess in terms of PvP gear. You can check the items here: https://www.wowhead.com/search?q=notorious+gladiator%27s for S3

0 0

vuanhlam92

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 10-07-2021, 16:38:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I think turn on scaling in arena and wpvp is ok, turn off it in bg because more class will abuse scaling dmg with %hp spell as sniper shot, just eat 87k sniper shot from 321 ilvl hunter, u can go bg check, so much low mm hunter since scaling

327 illvl hunter shot a warlock 423 full versa stat gear with 159k sniper shot

Last edited by vuanhlam92 on 12-07-2021, 16:04:26; edited 1 time in total
0 0

vuanhlam92

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 14-07-2021, 23:10:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

pvp scaling is really bug now, when i take low gear, you can see 194 ilvl, I can't use Grimoire of Sacrifice talent, my damage on dummy is 18080, at 50 stacks heal 165% damage done mean 18080 * 165%= 29832 healing, but it only do 20875, when i use high gear, it's not bug.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BPfpfd8E1YE:

when i go bg with same low gear set, i used it on 386 ilvl hunter, at 50 stacks show on my screen 22800 damage but only heal me 14274 heal, mean real damage only 14274 / 165% = 8650, it should do more than 22800 damage because difference between ilvl is 386-194 = 192 ilvl
https://youtube.com/watch?v=SVcSkD9snuM:

now i test my deffensive on bg, 415 ilvl hunter still shot me for 65k aim shot

So my damage damage is lower and damage taken still high even though i use low gear, i relogged, alt+f4 full relog but still have same result.

0 0

Fanca

[Super-Moderator]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 15

Post Posted: 14-07-2021, 23:16:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

vuanhlam92 wrote:
pvp scaling is really bug now, when i take low gear, you can see 194 ilvl, I can't use Grimoire of Sacrifice talent, my damage on dummy is 18080, at 50 stacks heal 165% damage done mean 18080 * 165%= 29832 healing, but it only do 20875, when i use high gear, it's not bug.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BPfpfd8E1YE:

when i go bg with same low gear set, i used it on 386 ilvl hunter, at 50 stacks show on my screen 22800 damage but only heal me 14274 heal, mean real damage only 14274 / 165% = 8650, it should do more than 22800 damage because difference between ilvl is 386-194 = 192 ilvl
https://youtube.com/watch?v=SVcSkD9snuM:

now i test my deffensive on bg, 415 ilvl hunter still shot me for 65k aim shot

So my damage damage is lower and damage taken still high even though i use low gear, i relogged, alt+f4 full relog but still have same result.

PvP scaling was disabled, therefore wearing low ilvl won't benefit you anymore.

Feel free to contact me via forum PM or discord. (Fanca#6164)
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by k0s, 18 July 2021 22:10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 16:39:12
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x