User
Pass
2FA

Twinks@Exodus
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message4682
Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

(since 04-02-2015 15:42)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 12-06-2012, 15:48:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,
I was told to make such request here on forums so here I go.

We are creating a twink community on the Exodus realm and we would like every twinks and people interested in twinking join our channel ingame:
/join twinks

I'm doing my best to incrase the twinks population on the Alliance side and friends from our twink community on magic-wow are doing same on the Horde side. We had a decent twink community on Magic-WoW and we want to continue the fun here.

The problem is... We need to communicate somehow between ALL the twinks ingame, and we would like to request a cross-faction chat possibility AT LEAST on /twinks channel which we would like to moderate. It is essential for us in order to organise twinks events such as premade BG's or arenas. Thanks to that we will always know what twinks are online and it will also help with recruiting new twinks.

All kind of twinks are welcome to join us, but we prefer level 60 and 70 ones -

Thanks in advance and see you on /twinks channel. -

0 0

Incarnate

[most valuable player]

(since 21-01-2017 00:44)

Votes: 21

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 12-06-2012, 16:28:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Making a cross-faction channel will make the shit flow in it no matter the name.
Anyway Gl with that

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

Post Posted: 12-06-2012, 16:40:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What's your point?
On all the servers I used to play before there was enabled cross-faction chat and there weren't any problems with that.
I don't get it how would it make the "shit flow" if it was enabled only on /twinks. As I said, we will moderate this channel and prevent people from breaking it's rules, eventualy punish.

0 0

twistedfate

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-05-2018 02:11)

Votes: 12

Post Posted: 12-06-2012, 17:24:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Suggesting you to clear the name of the other server, cause it might be considered as an advertisement if you know what I mean...Good luck with this "project" tho
0 0

STARSTRiKE

[Retired Exodus GM]

(since 14-02-2022 15:34)

Votes: 6

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 03:00:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i want to know how many people exactly are going to be using twinks because if its just for you and another 2-3 people there is no point to it.

0 0

Architech
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 04-11-2013 13:20)

Votes: 24

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 03:03:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

STARSTRiKE wrote:
i want to know how many people exactly are going to be using twinks because if its just for you and another 2-3 people there is no point to it.

Bad thing about it: When people find out that Twinks channel is Xfaction, eveyrone will use it to flame eachother for ganking, farming etc

GS Playlist - http://www.grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Architech/84418068/
0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 12:30:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

For this moment I can find around 6-7 active twinks on the Ally side (many are inactive now), and unfortunately few that I know on the horde side, but I have also seen some random horde twinks in borean tundra from time to time. Let's say that horde just started twinking on Exodus. We're still "recruiting" new twinks and help with getting "twink starter gear" - but to make it more effective we need that CF channel. At least give it a try.

@Architech:
For the 3rd time... We're going to moderate this channel. In other words we can kick/ban unwanted people from our channel.
And don't tell me you expect people to join it just to spam something like "lololol u play ally/horde, u vbad".
I was playing with cross faction chat on all global channels since vanilla up to wotlk and it never was a problem. It was even helpful.

0 0

sekimanx

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-02-2014 23:31)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 14:57:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

19 lvl twinks? And is there any posibility to turn off XP gain?
0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-11-2013 03:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 15:23:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

xfaction chat is fail. every server with a HIGH population generally has it off for the same reason that blizz does, cuz it's NOT a good idea :p

as for everything else, i wish u the best of luck - but to enable xfaction chat would be horrible, not an opinion.

besides, can't u all just use the freakz vent or make ur own

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 18:09:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@sekimanx:
Yes, you can lock your exp bar in Stormwind and in Orgrimmar. You just have to talk to NPC.
As for 19 twinks... We'll accept any lvl twinks, but I'm afraid you won't find many ppl to twink with at lvl 19 (if any).

I still don't understand how enabling CF chat JUST ON /TWINKS is a bad idea. How will it affect random people? For us it's necessary to communicate INGAME between all the twinks, even horde<>ally. Voice communication is not an option.

If you are so horribly scared of getting flamed, just for you we gonna protect the channel with a password so you won't accidentaly join that channel and won't get flamed by opposite faction...

And thanks for supporting idea of twinking.

0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 19:09:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

why is voice communication not an option? u can easily just use the vent chat rooms as well. and u would have to change ur pw almost every day cuz ppl would still get in. if anything, they could script a cross faction channel for a donation to access it. that way regular donors dont see it, non donors dont see it, only ppl who donated to access it can see it.

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 19:49:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That will be our "problem".

Why voice chat isn't an option? Because it will effectively discourage people from joining us if they will be forced to download additional software, buy mic etc to participate with us. Also it would be very chaotic if all twinks were on the same channel at the same time. I personaly like to listen to music while playing WoW.
As for chat room... To communicate we would have to keep minimizing WoW/AltTabbing to the chat program. It also will discourage people.

Donating for access to channel... I haven't seen more ridiculous idea for a long time. I'm sure and glad staff wouldn't make that even if we supported this idea.

0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 20:48:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

so voice chat will discourage ppl from playing twinks. how so? people play twinks cuz they like to, now they have additional options to talk to opposing faction twinks. and how would it be chaotic? ive seen many ppl in the same chat room on our crysis vent as well as many other vents.

well use xfire then. i havent used it in a long time but xfire and some other program last i checked allow u to use the chats in game.

now for ur donation bashing. ur opinion holds no valid merit considering quite a few people donated on molten just so they can crossfaction whisper and such to friends or to flame or whatever. and even those that didn't donate for that reason, majority of them have used that function quite a bit, myself included.

the worst problem with ur idea, is ur trying to enourage seperation of groups of people from the already near death pvp. yea, let's take away some of the 10 allys that queue for bg and put them in lvl 19 bg lol. ur request is not thought out and shouldn't be even considered by the staff. like i said before, there's a reason the successful populated servers and blizz itself does not enable crossfaction chat, and that's because it's a BAD idea.

here's a funny pic however of crossfaction fail. poor sabrinaa, she should come over here so i can dress her wounds, and undress....

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 21:50:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Please, let's put an end to these pointless walls of text.

1. I have never used xfire, but I'll look into it if we wont have Cf chat on our channel. Thanks.

2. I don't find my opinion as a donation bashing.

3. I do not want to seperate (as you rightly said) near death PvP. One of reasons why is it as it is might be people are getting bored of it. So I come with a solution. Twinking is a good opportunity to entertain yourself both in PvP as in PvE. please do not ask me to explain that... -

4. I'm dissapointed you can't understand that. Perhaps you will if you try twinking here -

@pic,
An Ally palyer could make such funny(not) joke as well so Im still waiting for a valid point on how CF chat fails.
And pic is not related to enabling CF chat on a single channel in any way.

0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 13-06-2012, 22:51:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

1.. u should, there's another program i tried that was even better but i really can't remember the name of it -

2.. by donation bashing, i meant donation as in the idea i suggested, not donor bashing as in making fun of donors -

3.. i think twinking is entertaining, and i understand that. but most people who are bored withpvp here either can't do it well, or simply don't like how dead it is. making it more dead will not help -

4.. i've twinked before. i had a 29 twink hunter and 59 twink rogue, but this was on retail -

as for the pic, it could be said in a channel as well - but was mostly for humor, nothing more

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

The time now is 10-07-2024, 19:44:33
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x