User
Pass
2FA

WoD Models [4.3.4]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message70355
KonataBG

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-09-2017 18:16)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 14-11-2014, 14:18:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So you guys are probably wondering how did it go with female tauren. Here is how things went:

The neck problem is not that noticable if your female tauren has some kind of hairstyle remove the hairstyle however and you get this:

Darker skinned taurens also help a lot in hiding the neck texture problem. I dont really like how the neck looks like but I also dont want to give you guys male tauren without a spouse so I will also give you female tauren the way she is right now. Hopefully one day we will find a way to not use such work around methods. Though at this rate freakz might upgrade to mist of pandaria and we wont need to bother with converting models anymore cause 1 week after the race model patch came out they already made a custom WoD races patch for MoP which uses the same texture resolutions as WoD it was quite simple.
And with this the only real challenges that are left are Undeads and Draenei. I really hope that I will somehow be able to get the undeads to some acceptable visual level to say that I have converted at least all pre TBC classic races but truth to be told I dont have much confidence I will succeed

Last edited by KonataBG on 17-11-2014, 07:35:12; edited 1 time in total
1 0

KonataBG

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 11:21:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So you guys are probably wondering what happened with the undead so here is a status update. I am having tons of problems with them yet I still have ideas and how I can get them up and running. My first problem is the models not loading correctly ingame since the new undead models have a lot more geosets than the old ones so i had to do some geoset merging. Took me awhile to get a perfect combination but I finally manage to get one and got this as a result:

So far so good but here some other problems pop up:
1. The new undead female model has 3 jaw geosets for diffrent face textures. But this didnt exist in pre WoD female undeads so the only way to get hte model working is choose one of the 3 jaw geosets and delete the other 2. Which unfortunately means that for the more bony faces where the undead is supposed to look like death itself it will have a jaw that doesnt really fit well with that face and wont look as awesome as it should be or the other way around if you choose the bony jaw.
2. I tried some smartassing with the textures here is an example:

So what I did is I tried to put the knees bone texture in the empty spaces on the legs and the elbows bone textures the same way on the arms. Thing is even though I learned about that when I was toying around with the taurens when you put on clothes they become like your skin texture so what these clothes texture do is paint themselves over the bone textures and this happens as a result:

So the only way to get this working is if I find a way to get all the bone textures on the face textures where its already crowded enough and I have no idea how I am going to do this. Another option I thought of I to somehow squeeze the textures on the face together and make room for the other bone textures on the face. In theory it should work but I am not really motivated when I know how much work this will be. Still I also dont want the undead models to defeat me and I want to have all pre TBC classic races with wod models so I got to do this

1 0

KonataBG

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 17-11-2014, 07:43:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

A dude in the modding forum finally found the perfect way to convert facial and scalp textures so I got to work and I bring you one of the things you have all been waiting for. Facial and scalp textures for all races I have released till now:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mfrayj24qjsyoz/WoDpatch.rar?dl=0
Since taurens by default dont have facial and scalp textures they dont need them the races who have their facial and scalp textures now are: Humans, Dwarfs, Night Elfs, Gnomes, Orcs and Trolls. Trolls has a few badass face paints and human male beards are even more epic now. As always geosets problems have not been fixed yet so the normal missing hairstyles and broken capes here are there could probably pop up and I still havent figured out how to get the npcs to load the old hair texture and not the WoD models texture but the races overall have a more complete feel to them especially male gnome who has absolutely no broken geosets so u could say he is at 100% I think there was 1 more model with no broken geosets but I cant remember which one it was. As always to "install" the patch put it in data\cache and run the game with the exe from the archive. And if possible run the game with 16x texture filtering to fix some visual bugs that can appear on bald heads texture filtering at 16x fixes that. Hope you enjoy the wod races as much as I do:

Last edited by KonataBG on 18-11-2014, 17:32:50; edited 2 times in total
1 0

Gudbror

[I just wasted 20 rep]

(since 22-07-2016 14:53)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 17-11-2014, 20:07:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Congratulations, you made a great job man.
0 0

KonataBG

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 24-11-2014, 18:53:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The dwarf female eyes always looked a bit off to me so I decided to check the meshes and it turned out I really didnt put the eye mesh on the right spot. Also the teeth turned out to be off spot too so I fixed those too. Now female dwarf wont look like a derp:

1 0

KonataBG

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 25-11-2014, 19:05:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Human female also needed a bit of eye adjustment

1 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 1 day ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 25-11-2014, 19:18:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Human female is best for the moment imo.

Retired

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

(since 04-02-2015 15:42)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 25-11-2014, 19:58:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I just tried this patch of yours and I've got to say... Well I don't rly know what to say... The effect is at least amazing! -
I'm not sure if it's susposed to be like that, but I've noticed one weird thing in female gnome model. It's about hairstyles. No matter which one you choose, there's still this little area of hair on the top of forehead that's not changing.
Except for that all Human Female faces seems to have very same "smile". Yet it's still way better than the old one -
I'm probably exaggerating a bit pointing these things out, but you're still doing great job with these models dude - Keep up the good work!

0 0

KonataBG

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 25-11-2014, 21:07:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wtfhaxx wrote:
I just tried this patch of yours and I've got to say... Well I don't rly know what to say... The effect is at least amazing! -
I'm not sure if it's susposed to be like that, but I've noticed one weird thing in female gnome model. It's about hairstyles. No matter which one you choose, there's still this little area of hair on the top of forehead that's not changing.
Except for that all Human Female faces seems to have very same "smile". Yet it's still way better than the old one -
I'm probably exaggerating a bit pointing these things out, but you're still doing great job with these models dude - Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately it is like that check the wowhead model viewer they also have that annoying scalp texture.

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 26-11-2014, 23:54:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If you want the 64-bit binary with disabled signature checking, I made one.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/965853/Wow-64.zip

0 0

KonataBG

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-11-2014, 15:40:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

pal0bre wrote:
If you want the 64-bit binary with disabled signature checking, I made one.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/965853/Wow-64.zip

Tried it and everytime I got a dungeon finder pop up for finding a group the game crashes

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 27-11-2014, 17:04:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

KonataBG wrote:
Tried it and everytime I got a dungeon finder pop up for finding a group the game crashes

I did some more testing because I clearly didn't spend enough time doing it.
Apparently it crashes when you mouseover a character and then mouseover something else (succeeded to repeat the crash multiple times).
Anyhow, yes it does crash and will try to figure it out.

0 0

Insidia

[Time's not kind.]

(since 27-12-2017 20:21)

Votes: 59

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  udieded 
Post Posted: 13-12-2014, 12:07:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

shiiiieeett, these look better than the wod models on blizz right now O_O nice job!

0 0

Redar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 06-02-2015 18:13)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 14-12-2014, 12:36:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Real amazing work, RESPECT man!
You still working on the other models? i personaly can't wait for the undead

0 0

KonataBG

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 17-12-2014, 23:44:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I got bored making them models wait for freakz Pandaria to come out as I said already its been having a working wod models patch ever since wod came out
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next    

The time now is 29-04-2024, 02:09:47
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x