User
Pass
2FA

Forum's Language ,

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message2134
rhoperese

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-06-2016 11:26)

Votes: 14

Post Posted: 04-05-2015, 08:58:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Have you considered to make the forum's language English only ? I know there are a lot of Romanians but honestly when I want to check dungeon's bugs , class bugs , most of it is all in romanian and I can't understand anything , which is really frustrating to not know what is going on around you .
2 0

Sumoo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-04-2019 08:48)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 04-05-2015, 09:45:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

+1 i'll always support this kind of suggestions cuz it is really annoying when you cannot understand something that is related to you or your class

1 0

Raster

[ACNA]

(since 02-09-2016 09:51)

Votes: 81

Post Posted: 04-05-2015, 11:15:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

They were trying to do this on 4.3.4 but I don't know what happened now and who's handling the bug report section, because it sucks atm.

воронья
0 0

tudor1297

[shefu' la luptatori]

(since 01-02-2020 14:06)

Votes: 250

Post Posted: 04-05-2015, 20:13:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'll tell you what happened, Zohl is RIP, that's what happened -

[RO]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

[EN]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

0 0

Cawt

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-09-2015 18:14)

Votes: 25

Post Posted: 04-05-2015, 23:53:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

got my vote , rly annoying to ask someone everytime to translate ...
0 0

Sosetila

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-07-2015 08:49)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 05-05-2015, 01:40:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Guys, I'm usually a pretty stern advocate of having a solid community, but if I were to have a say on this (which I know I don't) I would say no.
First of all, I've been away from this server and everything Warcraft-related for around 4 years, but I can tell you that it has changed tremendously.
4 years ago, you could barely find any sort of foreign player, and things like a real English-speaking guild were just wishful thinking. Nowadays, it's amazing how well foreign people are accepted into the community. I'd say in 4/5 of my RDFs, there's barely any kind of Romanian in the chat.
Rather, there's a very broken English. And that's the deal, isn't it? You are playing on a Romanian server, with a huge Romanian majority. The Romanian people, as much as they would like to the be the best in English, would much rather communicate amongst themselves in their own language.
I know that it's hard. Living in NYS, I have to deal with a time zone difference which greatly impacts my gaming experience in a negative way. But this server is basically a business. And in a business, just like in a democracy, the principle of majority rule, minority rights should be respected.
I'm not saying that you should keep silent with your wishes for more things to be translated into English, but making the forum of a Romanian server English-based would just alienate too many people for it to be worth it.
And hey, with how this server seems to be expanding to foreign lands, you might some day get your wish, but let's not force it and see it all crumble.

2 1

rhoperese

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 05-05-2015, 07:43:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sosetila wrote:
Guys, I'm usually a pretty stern advocate of having a solid community, but if I were to have a say on this (which I know I don't) I would say no.
First of all, I've been away from this server and everything Warcraft-related for around 4 years, but I can tell you that it has changed tremendously.
4 years ago, you could barely find any sort of foreign player, and things like a real English-speaking guild were just wishful thinking. Nowadays, it's amazing how well foreign people are accepted into the community. I'd say in 4/5 of my RDFs, there's barely any kind of Romanian in the chat.
Rather, there's a very broken English. And that's the deal, isn't it? You are playing on a Romanian server, with a huge Romanian majority. The Romanian people, as much as they would like to the be the best in English, would much rather communicate amongst themselves in their own language.
I know that it's hard. Living in NYS, I have to deal with a time zone difference which greatly impacts my gaming experience in a negative way. But this server is basically a business. And in a business, just like in a democracy, the principle of majority rule, minority rights should be respected.
I'm not saying that you should keep silent with your wishes for more things to be translated into English, but making the forum of a Romanian server English-based would just alienate too many people for it to be worth it.
And hey, with how this server seems to be expanding to foreign lands, you might some day get your wish, but let's not force it and see it all crumble.

I simply cannot agree with you , in every RDF , raid there is almost always Romanian speakers , I don't ask em to talk English on the realm , I ask to talk english on the forum , or at least the GMs can repply in english so we can understand , cuz it is frustrating ( I repeat ) when I or someone else opens the bug sctions and everything is in Romanian . And also this is the biggest problem why FreakZ cannot grow up in the population , because none cares about the forums , that thing is pushing away many players , yea with MoP released the population a bit bigger , I remember the times when the Staff said they may open a new realm if Genesis is full with Que due the release of mop and the wave the new players , well this won't happen with forum like that . All dungeons works , the server is incredible yet the population is not what FreakZ deserve for the ammount that they put in this patch . Wanna know why ? Because ppl doesn't want to translate on google translate to understand something .

1 0

bordy

[Mentally unStable]

(since 24-06-2017 15:28)

Votes: 22

Post Posted: 05-05-2015, 08:05:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Sosetila, I believe this topic is mostly targeted at forum, in game it's not as bad really. Even though random people still mostly talk to me in romanian, when you ask them to talk in english they almost always do, and I appreciate that.

0 0

rhoperese

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 05-05-2015, 09:38:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not to mention some of my friends made tickets in english and they got answer in romanian , same with bug reprots , the guy reports in english and he got repply from GM in romanian ......
0 0

Sosetila

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-07-2015 08:49)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 06-05-2015, 02:20:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What you don't understand is that I'm not saying you shouldn't receive a translated version for important things such as GM responses or PSAs, I'm saying that you're a minority here.
You're exactly right, people don't want to use google translate to understand something, and while I get that most Romanian people know more English than foreigners know Romanian, you are overestimating their ability to use it properly.
Freakz has a tight grip on the majority of the Romanian WoW population, be it retired or active, and giving that away to appeal more to an international audience as a generic server just isn't worth it.

0 0

madau

[the Insane]

(since 11-11-2021 17:01)

Votes: 97

Post Posted: 06-05-2015, 11:58:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

We, the staff, are trying to make everything in english, so people that are not romanian can integrate much faster. There is a plan to make some changes to the forum aswell so that the main language is english and other language speaking people have their own topics.
Regarding the bug reports made in ro i can tell you that starting from the first day that mop went live we are replying in en so everyone can understand the bugs. My posts in bug reports are and will be in en.
I also have a few in ro, back in the days that mop was on closed ptr or live ptr, that i plan to add en translation of the bug.

There will be more improvements ingame and on forum so that this server will gain an stronger international aura. That's what we aim to. Being a romanian server would set a max cap to population and that's not something we want.

Do your part and help us getting more en players, be more active on the forum so that en language can overcome the ro one. At that point more and more ro players will do their best to talk an reply in en.

Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand,
Blood and revenge are hammering in my head.

0 0

Blasphemy

[Creep]

(since 25-03-2018 17:42)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 06-05-2015, 13:04:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Alo? Alo? nu am nimic impotriva cu super engleza, dar de cand ne nationalizam britanici ? ceea ce spui tu , dl GM , este ca si cum lasati ungurii sa faca ce vor in tara noastra, cum adica sa dezvoltam acest forum , incetul cu incetul in englezism , suntem romani? remember? 2 factiuni , 1 ro , 1 en, sau nu stiu , altcumva, dar cum sa se scrie doar in engleza, pt cei care nu cunosc o iota engleza ce-or sa faca? o sa mimeze? foametea de player , nu adduce nici un rezultat, dimpotriva poate adduce repercursiuni.
Let`s think a little bit before we act !

0 1

madau

[the Insane]

(since 11-11-2021 17:01)

Votes: 97

Post Posted: 06-05-2015, 13:23:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This is an english part of the forum and you are not giving a good example of what i just said... Posting in any other language then en here is disrespectfull and would get you a warn.
There will still be a part of romanian on the forum where you can discuss, but the bug reports and things that should be known by the whole community should be in en.

Afterall the game is in en so not knowing en at all would make yiu unable to play it.

Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand,
Blood and revenge are hammering in my head.

0 0

Blasphemy

[Creep]

(since 25-03-2018 17:42)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 06-05-2015, 13:52:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

ok, Thank you very much , mate.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 12-05-2024, 01:43:04
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x