User
Pass
2FA

Wrong drop rates for WotLK battle pets (ICC, Ulduar, TOC) and some TBC raid battle pets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message738
Gadoschi

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-10-2021 10:56)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 20-07-2019, 13:33:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link:
https://www.wow-freakz.com/item_finder.php?item=142092&&name=overcomplicated-controller (example of a pet - WoWhead lists drops on whopping 22% kills!; the drop chance here is set to 1,5%)
Bug description:
The drop rates for all ICC, Ulduar and TOC battle pets are wrong and very low, as well as some battle pets dropping in TBC raids (although not that dramatically low, still lower than they're supposed to be - more specifically - Curator, Malchezaar, Supremus and Reliquiary of Souls). I checked every single pet on all these achievements on the WoWfreakz database.
How it should work:
The approximate drop rate for every battle pet dropping in Vanilla, TBC and WotLK raids for the appropriate achievements is supposed to be at around 1-in-10 (so, about 10%).
The lower displayed drop rates on many of those battle pets on the WoWhead website are simply the result of WoWhead compiling loot drop data for those bosses since long before those battle pets were even introduced into the game.
The even lower drop rate registered in earlier Legion patches can easily be explained by the lower number of pets obtained by players back then because the achievements had only just been introduced.
Once more players obtained them, the percentages increased, although, because of years and years of farming those bosses before battle pet drop introduction, they are still shown to be much lower than they actually are.
In addition, the more attractive raid bosses (e.g. bosses dropping a rare and awesome mount, like LK), will have had many more kills by players before battle pet drop introduction, and therefore, an even lower displayed WoWhead drop (which will be even more off from the actual drop rate).
Should you re-check drop rates for all these pets, you will notice the percentages have gone considerably up, and all of them are close to, if not above 10%.

Proof: There is no proof I could find posted by anyone from Blizzard about these drop rates (yet - if I do, I will make sure to update this report), but I did hear this information get mentioned in multiple hirumaredx and bellular videos, and their sources are mostly very reliable. I can look them up and link them here if necessary.

Last edited by Gadoschi on 21-07-2019, 11:43:38; edited 5 times in total
1 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(since 22-05-2022 09:36)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 08-09-2019, 19:58:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirmed, the droprates for these seem way lower than those we can see on wowhead.

XXX Barney

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Barnacle, 08 September 2019 18:15

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 23:53:04
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x