User
Pass
2FA

[general] Global Cooldown with a second global cooldown.
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message3422
Dannyboy001
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 06-04-2020 18:11)

Votes: 37

Post Posted: 10-10-2019, 14:56:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It is latency only. Even if your friend is romanian there is still some distance, but more importantly the server needs a minimal amount of time to process the incoming information.
I managed to reproduce it as well, being a hungarian, neighbor of Romania, but it's just a classic desync between your client and the server. Your client thinks it can start the 2nd spell, and starts the animation and a global cooldown for it, but once the server catches up that 2nd global cooldown is cancelled.

The light has abandoned you!
0 0

zeus157

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-07-2022 16:28)

Votes: 24

Post Posted: 12-10-2019, 11:37:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This started happening when 7.2.5 launched. I am from Pakistan and this never happened to me in 7.1.5. On my warrior, in 7.2.5, an odyn's fury cast takes 1 extra second than it took in 7.1.5. This is what I have experienced.
0 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(since 22-05-2022 09:36)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 13-10-2019, 12:12:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

To add to your problems, I've been paying more attention to my own GCD, mainly while playing Shadow Priest.
What I've noticed aswell is that when using Mangaza's Madness you can often start casting the second one while it still shows it being on cooldown if timed correctly.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the GCD, but what I know is that for instance right after casting Void Eruption you get a GCD, which is not how it works on Blizzard, where you can just cast Void Bolt right after casting Eruption.
This obviously is less noticable when playing with high haste, like when using BL where you can get about 150-200% haste as Spriest. The GCD will be so short that it doesn't really affect your rotation but you will notice it more often of course.

When playing other Classes I noticed something strange aswell when playing hunter and getting a proc of Lock and Load you will seemingly get an extra GCD before being able to cast the 'instant' Aimed shots.
On warrior I haven't found anything worth mentioning, but I only play prot so that might have something to do with it aswell.

Greetings, Barney

XXX Barney

0 0

Ein

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-01-2021 14:21)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 13-10-2019, 14:14:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Barnacle wrote:
TI'm not sure this has anything to do with the GCD, but what I know is that for instance right after casting Void Eruption you get a GCD, which is not how it works on Blizzard, where you can just cast Void Bolt right after casting Eruption.

I'm not main shadow but the cgd of void eruption on void bolt is correct
Proof:
- blizzard forum post
Quote:
Void Bolt goes into GCD when you enter void form. Every other ability doesn't. So if you don't want to wait for the GCD, you can cast something else.

Quote:
The GCD was always there. The only time it did not apply was with the T19 4pc (Nighthold). With 4pc, you could insta-cast VB upon entering VF.

- youtube shadow priest guide
min 6.23 you can se the gcd on void bolt after void eruption

Last edited by Ein on 13-10-2019, 14:16:52; edited 3 times in total
0 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(since 22-05-2022 09:36)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 13-10-2019, 15:02:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ein wrote:
Barnacle wrote:
TI'm not sure this has anything to do with the GCD, but what I know is that for instance right after casting Void Eruption you get a GCD, which is not how it works on Blizzard, where you can just cast Void Bolt right after casting Eruption.

I'm not main shadow but the cgd of void eruption on void bolt is correct
Proof:
- blizzard forum post
Quote:
Void Bolt goes into GCD when you enter void form. Every other ability doesn't. So if you don't want to wait for the GCD, you can cast something else.

Quote:
The GCD was always there. The only time it did not apply was with the T19 4pc (Nighthold). With 4pc, you could insta-cast VB upon entering VF.

- youtube shadow priest guide
min 6.23 you can se the gcd on void bolt after void eruption

I don't have any proof for this, but from my experience playing on retail I was able to cast Void Bolt right after casting Void Eruption. This was in the BFA prepatch tho so it could be that it was changed between 7.2 and 8.0, ill try to find some good proof for this

XXX Barney

0 0

Chapi

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-12-2019 18:00)

Post Posted: 18-10-2019, 00:59:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yeah as a rogue it hurts when i try using saber slash to generate cp

1 0

Iplayferal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-09-2022 09:04)

Votes: 18

Post Posted: 31-10-2019, 23:11:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I made a post about it a while ago.

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Druid-Shapeshift-and-GCD-problem-t558939.html

Look how is for ferals..... https://i.imgur.com/BMidUVo.mp4

Dannyboy001 wrote:
It is latency only. Even if your friend is romanian there is still some distance, but more importantly the server needs a minimal amount of time to process the incoming information.
I managed to reproduce it as well, being a hungarian, neighbor of Romania, but it's just a classic desync between your client and the server. Your client thinks it can start the 2nd spell, and starts the animation and a global cooldown for it, but once the server catches up that 2nd global cooldown is cancelled.

1. It's not the latency...check my post.
2. Server is not hosted in Romania. I live in Uk and i got 20ms and my romanian friends got 80ms. So most likely its hosted in France.

Last edited by Iplayferal on 31-10-2019, 23:18:52; edited 4 times in total
2 0

ryangg

[Advisor]

(since 09-11-2022 09:46)

Votes: 134

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 01-11-2019, 09:43:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dude , I've complained about my rogue sub rotation for months ,the spells are delayed or not trigger when I want ,my rotation sometimes is a mess and most of the times I cant have a smooth burst because of that .Every gm I asked about that said its fine and u need to learn to play..its been 10 years since I've choosen rogue as my main class ,never felt so frustated and thats why now I dont play anymore on a daily basis,barely casual .

2 0

Neunia

[Mentally Stable]

(since 06-06-2021 10:01)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 19-12-2019, 19:38:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This is the reason i stopped playing MM hunter the cuz of the double GCD couldnt fit in two aimed shots into vulnerable .. i can confirm it too
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 17:14:13
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x