User
Pass
2FA

Arena for Non-Donators

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion -> Suggestions
Author Message708
Royd

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-11-2022 13:57)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 13-10-2021, 12:40:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Would it be possible to implement a "custom" parallel arena available only to non donators? 2v2, 3v3 and Skirmish are 100% dead because of donors and a LOT of the pvp quests, weekly tortolian quests, not to mention the Conflict and Strife essence depend on arena and pvp rating. It's completely absurd to have half the game content dead & locked because some dudes pay a couple bucks to win.

Doing this wouldn't restrict people to keep queing in the regular arena, just would give us the additional chance to compete against people based on pvp skills and performance and not to waste time queing for hours just to get insta oneshot by even a healer class.

0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 13-10-2021, 13:12:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Royd wrote:
Would it be possible to implement a "custom" parallel arena available only to non donators? 2v2, 3v3 and Skirmish are 100% dead because of donors and a LOT of the pvp quests, weekly tortolian quests, not to mention the Conflict and Strife essence depend on arena and pvp rating. It's completely absurd to have half the game content dead & locked because some dudes pay a couple bucks to win.

Doing this wouldn't restrict people to keep queing in the regular arena, just would give us the additional chance to compete against people based on pvp skills and performance and not to waste time queing for hours just to get insta oneshot by even a healer class.

Can't be done such thing due to various reasons.

It is early on in the patch and people are not geared enough. Patch 8.3 is the easiest to gear up because of the Titanforge removal.
Take your time and grind out some gear; 460 ilvl+ can be done in ~ 1 month with M+ keystones 10+ and HC raiding and you can start arenas with that.

For some reason people are expecting to win and compete in arenas with extremely low gear, which was not the case on retail also.

0 0

Royd

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 13-10-2021, 16:39:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amnezx, like the last time, you -again- are completely missing my point. I never said i wanna oneshot people, we are again with the strawman, i'm talking about DONORS vs non donors.

A team of two non-donors vs a team of two donors can't win, EVER, period. Doesn't matter how many times you try, the chances of a non-donator team to kill a couple donators is 0.0001%. That's why nobody que's arena, NOBODY, skirmish, 2v2 and 3v3 are completely DEAD. You are hours in the queue for something that should take 2 mins at the most, and when you manage to get inside, a donator oneshots you. Doesn't matter how many 460 pieces you have, you can't *** kill a dude with full 485 gear with full corruptions, essences and traits.

This isn't something from "this week", it has been like that since forever.

Amnezx wrote:
For some reason people are expecting to win and compete in arenas with extremely low gear, which was not the case on retail also.

No, for *** sake, i expect to compete with someone who geared as me, not with somebody who paid money to be immortal. When i play a basketball match i expect to compete with the other team to see who is better, no with a guy who paid the referee to win!

Last edited by Royd on 13-10-2021, 16:42:46; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 13-10-2021, 17:20:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Royd wrote:
Amnezx, like the last time, you -again- are completely missing my point. I never said i wanna oneshot people, we are again with the strawman, i'm talking about DONORS vs non donors.

A team of two non-donors vs a team of two donors can't win, EVER, period. Doesn't matter how many times you try, the chances of a non-donator team to kill a couple donators is 0.0001%. That's why nobody que's arena, NOBODY, skirmish, 2v2 and 3v3 are completely DEAD. You are hours in the queue for something that should take 2 mins at the most, and when you manage to get inside, a donator oneshots you. Doesn't matter how many 460 pieces you have, you can't *** kill a dude with full 485 gear with full corruptions, essences and traits.

This isn't something from "this week", it has been like that since forever.

Amnezx wrote:

No, for *** sake, i expect to compete with someone who geared as me, not with somebody who paid money to be immortal. When i play a basketball match i expect to compete with the other team to see who is better, no with a guy who paid the referee to win!

Please, don't start this discussion again. I have posted here a million times, but I will do it one more time.

Check this out: https://imgur.com/a/BDllqPy

THose are the ILVL of some of Retail Rank ones on the Corrupted season (BFA season 4). none of them are under 470 ilvl, asking why? maybe because gear matters? I have already told you, and others that you cannot expect to win in the first days vs "Donors" that are keeping the server up for you to play, but there are more and more forum posts regarding this.

And this is your character: https://armory.wow-freakz.com/character/warsong/royd

You are 440 ILVL while the ILVL cap is ~475. You don't even have 10% versatility, yet you complain about losing.

One more time, you should take your time and start playing the game, get gear, and you will have a chance of winning if you're playing good enough. In 8.3 is rather easy to gear to 460 fast (not to mention the PvE event and the fact that from Mythic 11 you'll get 460 ilvl items with 465 on weekly chests), then it will take around ~1 month to reach 470. From 460 with some good corruptions, you can win against donors if you are better than them. Other non-donors managed to push rating each season, with the right gear set-up.

You shouldn't expect to win with a 30+ ilvl difference. This was not the case on retail, and is not the case here. In each WoW expansion, gear mattered in PvP, you are not even ~bis Ilvl from last season

0 0

Royd

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 13-10-2021, 20:57:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This is pointless, you are clearly not reading or not understanding a single word i'm saying, you are just repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again. I'm not sure what's the matter, but we are clearly here at some kind of cognitive impasse, maybe reading comprehension issues or just some kind of spectrum behaviour.

I'd really like if another GM could check this Suggestion -

1 0

Durotar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-06-2023 15:38)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 14-10-2021, 00:13:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Royd wrote:

you are wasting your time
GMs do not play here
even if they do, they certainly have BIS gear

online is going down every day
that means that something is wrong here

Last edited by Durotar on 14-10-2021, 00:14:51; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 14-10-2021, 09:10:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Royd wrote:
This is pointless, you are clearly not reading or not understanding a single word i'm saying, you are just repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again. I'm not sure what's the matter, but we are clearly here at some kind of cognitive impasse, maybe reading comprehension issues or just some kind of spectrum behaviour.

And you do not understand how a MMR system works. That's the thing; the MMR system will do the job making the difference between a good or a bad player, BUT if the participation is low, things like this happens: 1500 MMR are getting stomped by 2200 MMR top 10 donors, just because there are not enough teams playing. I told you million times, is not a sever's problem is a playerbase problem, since 95% of the playerbase is doing PvE

0 0

banjerinos

[Professional racist]

(since 20-11-2022 09:53)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 14-10-2021, 15:30:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

L2p issue. You suck at pvp, i've seen you in action. Please resort to pve.
2 0

waitforwin

[Royal Executor]

(since 13-11-2023 14:25)

Post Posted: 14-10-2021, 15:31:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

[quote="Durotar"]
Royd wrote:

you are wasting your time
GMs do not play here
even if they do, they certainly have BIS gear

that means that something is wrong here
As someone who got multiple R1 toons without getting donated I can already tell that this is certainly a joke (Ex-QA member)

Last edited by waitforwin on 14-10-2021, 15:36:28; edited 1 time in total
0 0

FelrogRankOne

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-11-2021 21:08)

Post Posted: 14-10-2021, 17:10:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

good bait

You've done it, champion! Come, let us enter the Xenedar and rescue Xe'ra! You've done it, champion! Come, let us enter the Xenedar and rescue Xe'ra! You've done it, champion! Come, let us enter the Xenedar and rescue Xe'ra! You've done it, champion!
0 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 20-10-2021, 21:01:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This won't happen unfortunately.

Retired

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Denim, 20 October 2021 19:01

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion -> Suggestions  

The time now is 08-05-2024, 23:56:15
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x