User
Pass
2FA

What the heck is going on?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message5542
spartan123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-07-2015 12:17)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 02-05-2012, 20:02:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

capmoq wrote:
Inanis wrote:
oh.. that explains.. i did 129k with mindsblast.. i thought it was a combatlog/visual bug

Like some people say "There's nothing wrong with the server. It's supposed to be like this."

Oh and we played a full BT warrior (only main hand was Vicious). They made their way up to 2200 rating already. This guy did more damage than full Vicious warriors.

rofl 2200 doesent mean shit here. its over-populated with noobs.

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

(since 04-02-2015 15:42)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 02-05-2012, 20:04:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Tinuviel wrote:
Wtfhaxx wrote:
Well,
Few times when I was killing Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair I got bug when each dot tick hitted for like 60k and
Mind Blast for about 200k, never happened on any other mobs/bosses or players.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=14020 I recommend reading.

From what I've read, I should be under Chromaggus' control, wich would make me unable to attack Chromaggus.
Also I wasn't turned in any Drakonid, and what's most important... I got this "significant damage" with the 1st hit (aka before I managed to get those debuffs from Chromaggus), so please refrain from acting a smart guy in front of me, because I know well what I'm talking about.

0 0

MorphinG

[Maniac]

(since 21-05-2022 22:47)

Votes: 92

Post Posted: 02-05-2012, 20:15:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If you want gms to be aware of this, you need more than a story. And bug repport section have a reason, so you post there 1000 times until they will fix it.

I believe some bugs (re)appeared, but most of the things that this guy said are stupid, be real. I didnt see anything wrong with the things i just mentioned.

Like i said, reporting false bugs its not good for the server. CAN YOU PROOF THAT?

0 0

Inanis

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-10-2013 13:35)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 02-05-2012, 21:14:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Inanis wrote:
oh.. that explains.. i did 129k with mindsblast.. i thought it was a combatlog/visual bug

maybe i should have explained more , i was farming herbs and aggroed some mob (some crab , 22k HP iirc), i did mindblast and addon reported 129k damage (msbt addon) .. so i thought it was a visual bug , never happened before or after .. and yeh mob died one-hitted but a MB crit (a normal crit) can do that (one hit a low HP mob)

0 0

capmoq

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-09-2015 15:46)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 02-05-2012, 21:29:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

MorphinG wrote:
If you want gms to be aware of this, you need more than a story. And bug repport section have a reason, so you post there 1000 times until they will fix it.

I believe some bugs (re)appeared, but most of the things that this guy said are stupid, be real. I didnt see anything wrong with the things i just mentioned.

Like i said, reporting false bugs its not good for the server. CAN YOU PROOF THAT?

Please comment somewhere else. Your rep is clearly for being stupid.

0 0

Tinuviel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-04-2013 16:12)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 03-05-2012, 10:58:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wtfhaxx wrote:
Tinuviel wrote:
Wtfhaxx wrote:
Well,
Few times when I was killing Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair I got bug when each dot tick hitted for like 60k and
Mind Blast for about 200k, never happened on any other mobs/bosses or players.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=14020 I recommend reading.

From what I've read, I should be under Chromaggus' control, wich would make me unable to attack Chromaggus.
Also I wasn't turned in any Drakonid, and what's most important... I got this "significant damage" with the 1st hit (aka before I managed to get those debuffs from Chromaggus), so please refrain from acting a smart guy in front of me, because I know well what I'm talking about.

Hmm, I'm sorry, it seems the info is removed from there.

Chromaggus has a "Chromatic skin" that will make him take 400% damage from one school of magic, and take reduced damage from all others. Every now and then, he switches the resistance school. Therefore, every now and then he takes massive damage from Shadow.

- Rhapsody [Exodus]
0 0

Rizwan

[Retired Moderator]

(since 17-04-2022 04:52)

Votes: 71

Post Posted: 03-05-2012, 13:30:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings,
If you think you might found a bug, please post at our Bug Report subforum all the problems that you have encountered.
Please do it only one bug/topic.

Also, do not forget about proof of how it works and how it should work, because we need them as we can not gather them ourselves (it would be a waste of time of course).

0 0

capmoq

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-05-2012, 15:29:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

vrazvan wrote:
Greetings,
If you think you might found a bug, please post at our Bug Report subforum all the problems that you have encountered.
Please do it only one bug/topic.

Also, do not forget about proof of how it works and how it should work, because we need them as we can not gather them ourselves (it would be a waste of time of course).

Hey!

Thanks for replying. It's a first reply from a GM in a long, long time. I have made several bug reports (dating 3 months ago) and I haven't gotten even a reply from a single GM.
Why bother making topics if no-one even reads them?

Capmoq

0 0

Rizwan

[Retired Moderator]

(since 17-04-2022 04:52)

Votes: 71

Post Posted: 03-05-2012, 18:26:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That's a false statement or a misunderstanding.
By not replying to topics doesnt mean nobody reads them.
They are all analized. As you can see we are checking all the topics and the Rejected/Duplicate ones are marked so our job will be easier.

0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-11-2013 03:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 03-05-2012, 19:31:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

vrazvan wrote:
Greetings,

waste of time? i been gm before and i tested bugs all the time - i've seen at least 2-3 gms talk in global before cuz they were "bored". if they verified bugs maybe they wouldnt be bored - i know during peak times u all prolly have a lot to do. but there should also be gm's at non-peak hours, and those ones wouldnt have as much to do - some bugs cannot be proven via screenshot, and some of us can't run wow and fraps [or similar programs] at the same time -

0 0

CelticFrost

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-07-2014 14:16)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 03-05-2012, 21:55:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

A little correction, not all GM's are developers my friend.
If you were GM before you surely know this.
Scripting and fixing bugs is not the same thing as being a GameMaster, nor all the members of a Staff have the same technical knowledge or functions.

No offense meant,
Peace.

PS: BTW, i agree somehow with you. I'm not sure, but i think the developer team could use a hand. I suggest opening a Test Realm to test at least the PvE bugs. My guild has helped in other servers already to check raid scripts, and we would be happy to help if needed.

Just our 2 cents contribution.

0 0

capmoq

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-05-2012, 23:43:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

They still can log in with one of their chars and test some bugs out. They can approve and mark the bugs that are real and make it a lot easier for Shockeru to find them.
Forum GMs should also give some rep and bonuses to people who care and report the bugs (the ones that are actually bugs). Then they know if certain people post something then it's possibly a real bug and can then forward them to Shockeru. Good ideas stay as ideas. Making this happen takes a lot of effort and it's probably being ignored anyway. I can't log in to the server so I spend some of my time here and see how other people are doing. Anyways good luck with implementing something useful -

0 0

Tinuviel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-04-2013 16:12)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 04-05-2012, 00:15:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

capmoq, if you knew more about any IT development process, you'd know that most bugs happen to appear from user-feedback, ESPECIALLY in an enviroment which can't be reliably reproduced in a closed test (Read: they don't have 25 GMs raiding / a GM with every single class/spec doing 20 arena games with each character, every update ).

So stay off the GameMasters, just do your best at reporting bugs in the most detailed way possible.

- Rhapsody [Exodus]
0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-11-2013 03:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 04-05-2012, 03:48:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

CelticFrost wrote:
Scripting and fixing bugs is not the same thing as being a GameMaster, nor all the members of a Staff have the same technical knowledge or functions.

No offense meant,
Peace.

PS: BTW, i agree somehow with you. I'm not sure, but i think the developer team could use a hand. I suggest opening a Test Realm to test at least the PvE bugs. My guild has helped in other servers already to check raid scripts, and we would be happy to help if needed.

i wasn't talking about fixing.. just testing - and yea, a test realm is always nice too - and nah, i don't get offended here. sometimes i argue, but it's only to get a point across xD

capmoq wrote:
They still can log in with one of their chars and test some bugs out. They can approve and mark the bugs that are real and make it a lot easier for Shockeru to find them.
Forum GMs should also give some rep and bonuses to people who care and report the bugs (the ones that are actually bugs). Then they know if certain people post something then it's possibly a real bug and can then forward them to Shockeru. Good ideas stay as ideas. Making this happen takes a lot of effort and it's probably being ignored anyway. I can't log in to the server so I spend some of my time here and see how other people are doing. Anyways good luck with implementing something useful -

exactly -

and i actually really like that forum gm idea. i dont really post bugs, i've posted maybe 2 since i been here? though i'll admit ive seen more lol. but yea, the people who actually spend a lot of effort should get rep or maybe even a custom forum rank that shows that they actually dedicate their time to helping hte server in this regard.

Tinuviel wrote:
capmoq, if you knew more about any IT development process, you'd know that most bugs happen to appear from user-feedback, ESPECIALLY in an enviroment which can't be reliably reproduced in a closed test (Read: they don't have 25 GMs raiding / a GM with every single class/spec doing 20 arena games with each character, every update ).

So stay off the GameMasters, just do your best at reporting bugs in the most detailed way possible.

lol.. we're only [or at least i think "we", i know i for sure lol] talkign about them confirming some reported bugs that don't have "proof". or at least allowing the bug to stay for a week or two so other people can see the bug report and confirm it too. most ppl don't use forums, most forum users dont post bugs, most bug posters dont want to screenshot/record etc then upload it. this greatly narrows down the amount of bugs that can be reported at any given time. allowing some extra leeway such as confirmed bug tester rank, or keeping the threads open for some time til more ppl see the thread and confirm the bugs, then the gms could test it. these are all pretty much just suggestions but yea..

0 0

capmoq

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 04-05-2012, 13:45:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nazty wrote:
CelticFrost wrote:

No offense meant,
Peace.

i wasn't talking about fixing.. just testing - and yea, a test realm is always nice too - and nah, i don't get offended here. sometimes i argue, but it's only to get a point across xD

capmoq wrote:

exactly -

and i actually really like that forum gm idea. i dont really post bugs, i've posted maybe 2 since i been here? though i'll admit ive seen more lol. but yea, the people who actually spend a lot of effort should get rep or maybe even a custom forum rank that shows that they actually dedicate their time to helping hte server in this regard.

Tinuviel wrote:

lol.. we're only [or at least i think "we", i know i for sure lol] talkign about them confirming some reported bugs that don't have "proof". or at least allowing the bug to stay for a week or two so other people can see the bug report and confirm it too. most ppl don't use forums, most forum users dont post bugs, most bug posters dont want to screenshot/record etc then upload it. this greatly narrows down the amount of bugs that can be reported at any given time. allowing some extra leeway such as confirmed bug tester rank, or keeping the threads open for some time til more ppl see the thread and confirm the bugs, then the gms could test it. these are all pretty much just suggestions but yea..

+1 -

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next    

The time now is 25-09-2024, 18:34:42
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password