User
Pass
2FA

Exodus Rewards
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message16708
Brant

[Mentally Stable]

(since 06-08-2012 23:38)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 02:51:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As posted on the main page:

Quote:
Next week we will start with the bonuses we promised for the Exodus realm a while ago as follows:
- 2 arena resets per week for 1 month (1 monday morning and 1 thursday morning)
- 2 raid resets per week for 1 month (1 friday morning and 1 tuesday morning)
- 3x honor rate for 1 month (don't forget current honor rate is already increased)
- Vote points for accounts with at least 10 days of play time and which have voted AT LEAST ONCE (amount will be decided later). Vote points will be awarded by the end of next week, so make sure you vote at least once until then.

Well, this is the most recent post on the main page. It has been quite some time since all the issues started and the rewards were promised to come once everything has been taken care of. So, hopefully there will be no more such problems.

The reason I am posting this is just to see how people feel about the rewards after waiting so long for them.

Personally, I am a little disappointed with them. I admit they do attempt to make up for some lost time due to all the down time before. However, I feel pressured to play far more than I would enjoy to during this next month in order to take advantage of the bonuses. I have found a comfortable level of raiding with my main character and alts that takes up a decent amount of time as it is. Now to get back that lost time I have to try and double the amount of time I spend playing. But perhaps the reduced time on resets is more beneficial to pvp players. I mainly just raid though. I was hoping for something similar but just increased rates and not reduced lockouts. There are probably those that disagree and would rather have gotten it this way. That is why I made this topic. I am curious how satisfied people are. I have seen people post they will appreciate any reward. I find it hard to appreciate something that requires me to try and change my whole playing schedule in order to take advantage of it. Especially when the problem it is trying to make up for also changed my whole playing schedule. It gets a little annoying when you go from not being able to play for 2 months to trying to fit 2 months of playing into 1.

And as far as the voting rewards go, I have tried voting on a few different occasions. I have gone through the process on all 4 links and have not been awarded a single vote point any time I tried. I type in the captcha and take the redirect link back the the wow freakz main page but always get nothing. Not sure if it is just a bug for me or if I am doing something wrong. Either way, I have skimmed over the vote rewards before and never found anything that motivated me enough to try and figure out how to get it working. So I guess that reward just does not do much for me either.

Overall, see the effort but disappointed. Guess I did say I would be happy with just a working server(but that was after it was broken for like 2 weeks not 2 months). So oh well, hope it stays stable.

0 0

Incarnate

[most valuable player]

(since 21-01-2017 00:44)

Votes: 21

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 07:19:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The vote sites are actually 5, so if u see 4 then something got buged so don't bother voting till u see 5.
However, about the reduced lockouts I think many people will be glad about, I will too. It means faster gearing and who doesn't want to gear faster. Yeah, it will be more beneficial for pvp cause with that weekly cap u need two weeks for one set item but still u need much more to collect valor for a pve set item considering that u don't get valor form RDFs witch I hope is gonna get fixed soon -

0 0

Heigan

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-07-2012 05:21)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 07:24:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

personally i dont care too much about the rewards, all i want is a working and stable server, and exodus is much better now than months ago. i dont like increased rates or reduced lock outs because people would gear up too fast and it kinda ruins the game, but thats just my opinion, im sure most of people like that reward.

i was expecting something diferent like a lot of bugs fixes or new game content, rated bgs or new raid bosses would be perfect since it has been 2 months since the last boss was scripted

0 0

Architech
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 04-11-2013 13:20)

Votes: 24

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 10:34:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Brant wrote:
As posted on the main page:

Quote:
Next week we will start with the bonuses we promised for the Exodus realm a while ago as follows:
- 2 arena resets per week for 1 month (1 monday morning and 1 thursday morning)
- 2 raid resets per week for 1 month (1 friday morning and 1 tuesday morning)
- 3x honor rate for 1 month (don't forget current honor rate is already increased)
- Vote points for accounts with at least 10 days of play time and which have voted AT LEAST ONCE (amount will be decided later). Vote points will be awarded by the end of next week, so make sure you vote at least once until then.

Well, this is the most recent post on the main page. It has been quite some time since all the issues started and the rewards were promised to come once everything has been taken care of. So, hopefully there will be no more such problems.

The reason I am posting this is just to see how people feel about the rewards after waiting so long for them.

Personally, I am a little disappointed with them. I admit they do attempt to make up for some lost time due to all the down time before. However, I feel pressured to play far more than I would enjoy to during this next month in order to take advantage of the bonuses. I have found a comfortable level of raiding with my main character and alts that takes up a decent amount of time as it is. Now to get back that lost time I have to try and double the amount of time I spend playing. But perhaps the reduced time on resets is more beneficial to pvp players. I mainly just raid though. I was hoping for something similar but just increased rates and not reduced lockouts. There are probably those that disagree and would rather have gotten it this way. That is why I made this topic. I am curious how satisfied people are. I have seen people post they will appreciate any reward. I find it hard to appreciate something that requires me to try and change my whole playing schedule in order to take advantage of it. Especially when the problem it is trying to make up for also changed my whole playing schedule. It gets a little annoying when you go from not being able to play for 2 months to trying to fit 2 months of playing into 1.

And as far as the voting rewards go, I have tried voting on a few different occasions. I have gone through the process on all 4 links and have not been awarded a single vote point any time I tried. I type in the captcha and take the redirect link back the the wow freakz main page but always get nothing. Not sure if it is just a bug for me or if I am doing something wrong. Either way, I have skimmed over the vote rewards before and never found anything that motivated me enough to try and figure out how to get it working. So I guess that reward just does not do much for me either.

Overall, see the effort but disappointed. Guess I did say I would be happy with just a working server(but that was after it was broken for like 2 weeks not 2 months). So oh well, hope it stays stable.

That! I was hoping we could get some donations points or something like that to get some gear and some fun in game event which would reward Eternal credits with which could purchase some fun items, mounts or something like that.

About Vote points... I've voted "three" times so far. Once i geared up my twink the i've voted to rename two of my characters and now i'm voting now to rename 4th one and after that i'll probably stop voting.

All in all, i'm disappoint -

GS Playlist - http://www.grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Architech/84418068/
0 0

Lakkii

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-10-2012 14:03)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 10:48:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

About your vote issue, I had it aswell and I think I found a solution. First try refreshing the page 3-4 times, it might happen that after 1 refresh you see 3 links, and after that see 5. If that doesn't work, try another browser, I remember I had the prob on mozilla but not on chrome. Told this to a few friends and 100% fixrate.

As for the rewards, I am overall happy. Most servers would just give you some vote points and that's it. Here you get vote points AND a double lock reset for a month. A MONTH. So what if you can't hit all the locks? Hitting the PvP locks is going to be easy, but the point of arena is to get a high rating, and I must say PvP here is not good, since I trashed a vici warrior with a pve geared priest, and that was mostly rep PvE with some 10 man items to boost. As for PvE, as you said gearing too fast takes the fun out of it, then dont do it. Your guild is gonna be doing then 2x times, that means 2x BoE in your Gbank, so you win again. Keep in mind that this also has the function of promoting the server so more people would come to it. This is already a huge reward, don't ask for a limb over a hand.

0 0

Architech
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 04-11-2013 13:20)

Votes: 24

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 11:24:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lakkii wrote:
About your vote issue, I had it aswell and I think I found a solution. First try refreshing the page 3-4 times, it might happen that after 1 refresh you see 3 links, and after that see 5. If that doesn't work, try another browser, I remember I had the prob on mozilla but not on chrome. Told this to a few friends and 100% fixrate.

As for the rewards, I am overall happy. Most servers would just give you some vote points and that's it. Here you get vote points AND a double lock reset for a month. A MONTH. So what if you can't hit all the locks? Hitting the PvP locks is going to be easy, but the point of arena is to get a high rating, and I must say PvP here is not good, since I trashed a vici warrior with a pve geared priest, and that was mostly rep PvE with some 10 man items to boost. As for PvE, as you said gearing too fast takes the fun out of it, then dont do it. Your guild is gonna be doing then 2x times, that means 2x BoE in your Gbank, so you win again. Keep in mind that this also has the function of promoting the server so more people would come to it. This is already a huge reward, don't ask for a limb over a hand.

Don't remember that other servers never lost almost 4 months under DDoS.

GS Playlist - http://www.grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Architech/84418068/
0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

(since 04-02-2015 15:42)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 12:55:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Question:
Will the accounts with 60d ban time be rewarded as well? -

0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 12:57:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wtfhaxx wrote:
Question:

Eligible for vote points? Only if the account has voted at least once & has at least 10 days played.

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

(since 04-02-2015 15:42)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 13:04:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zohlomg wrote:
Wtfhaxx wrote:
Question:

Eligible for vote points? Only if the account has voted at least once & has at least 10 days played.

Well, on my banned "twink" account I have already spent plenty of vote points and I still have over 200 left. About days played I think I should fit in 10 days.

0 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-10-2019 19:56)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 16:32:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i was waiting this topic. so predictable.

0 0

Brant

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 17:08:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Berna wrote:

You are right. It was so predictable that someone would make it that coming on here just to say it is predictable makes you look like an idiot for trying to look smart by stating the obvious.

0 0

GrandMerlin

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-07-2012 06:30)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 17:59:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I think people are acting ungrateful here,

The staff is offering a show of appreciation to us. They don't half to do that. When our guild played on another private server and they experienced similar problem's that staff did NOTHING to there players for it. So keep that in mind players. They DO NOT half to do anything for us for the attacks they experienced. Just as it is not your fault for the inconvenience. It was not the staff's fault either for the troubles. But they are making efforts not just to solve the problem but to gratify there player base. I think that is admirable so cut them a break and stop whining. So with all that said: BE GRATFUL WE ARE BEING COMPENSATED AT ALL. And remember its not a "reward" but a show of "appreciation".

(Please lock this thread)

Sincerely,
~Merlin

0 0

Brant

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 19:01:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

GrandMerlin wrote:
I think people are acting silly here. The staff is offering a show of appreciation to us. They don't half to do that. When our guild played on another private server and they experienced similar problem's they did NOTHING to there players for it. Keep that in mind players. They do NOT half to do anything. Just as it is not your fault for the inconvenience. It was not the staff's fault either for the troubles. But they are making efforts not just to solve the problem. But to show they care for your troubles from playing. So with all that said. BE GRATFUL WE ARE BEING COMPENSATED. And remember its not a reward but a show of appreciation.

~Merlin

You are right. They do not have to do anything. However, after the extreme situation that has been going on for the last several months, I would hardly say anyone is out of line for expecting something of a certain degree as compensation. In fact, it pushed the staff to months in advance state that they would give a "show of appreciation" for people staying and playing. Just as the staff is free to pick what they think is fair compensation, each person is free to decide what they think fair compensation is. That does not mean both will see eye to eye.

Basically, I view this all as a bribe. The bribe was put in place to try and keep people playing. Maybe an investment would be a better term. I prefer bribe though. Either way, when the bribe is given, I feel it shows how much people really think you are worth in their opinion. It shows how much they appreciate you doing what they want you to do. And in this case, I feel as though it is just enough (and I mean just barely enough) effort for me to not be insulted by someone trying to bribe me. If it was just vote points,I would likely be insulted. But in my opinion, I think more thought could have been put into it in order to display the staff's gratitude for players bearing with them through this all. And that is the main point I am trying to display. That perhaps in future situations the staff might try a different method instead of reduced lockouts as the pve bonus/bribe.

~Brant (cause my name is so pro that the signature function built into the forums is just not good enough at the end of my posts. no, not good enough at all, my brother. I have to type my name after every post for people know the name 5 cm to the left of my post. I also clearly hope to be staff someday)

0 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-10-2019 19:56)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 19:59:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Brant wrote:
Berna wrote:

You are right. It was so predictable that someone would make it that coming on here just to say it is predictable makes you look like an idiot for trying to look smart by stating the obvious.

maybe. sometimes try to do something else productive than crying like a baby doll.

peace

0 0

Brant

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-06-2012, 20:42:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Berna wrote:
Brant wrote:
Berna wrote:

maybe. sometimes try to do something else productive than crying like a baby doll.

peace

-

Thank you for your truly valuable input into this topic.

/sarcasm

P.S. are you that berna guy from magic wow? Bernapala or whatever his name is. Seen him talk on support so was wondering cause that guy is an idiot.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next    

The time now is 07-07-2024, 14:30:16
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x