User
Pass
2FA

Mop to Legion
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A
Author Message33320
Netherx

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-07-2018 08:46)

Votes: 89

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 00:36:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The amount of lies and bullshit in this topic is growing by the second,if people went retail Legion,they wouldn't even give a *** about this discussion in the first place,get your facts straight.People are outraged because this isn't retail,you make new realms to improve your current server for old players and new,not only new and *** the people that were loyal to your server for years.Does that even make sense to you people?!?
4 0

necromancer92

[esoteric]

(since 05-03-2021 11:30)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 01:04:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You might wanna change ur priorities if not retaining ur mounts/achievements is keeping u off of trying smth new. Why not just stay on MoP?
Srsly why should they bend the knee - it's not like ppl on retail get to dictate what happens there if u r arguing from that perspective, so why should it be the case here?
Newsflash! bugs happen on a private server - u should've acknowledged that b4 trying one

U'd rather withhold smth than have an actual progression?

0 0

Supmark

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-08-2019 13:41)

Votes: 14

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 01:19:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

necromancer92 wrote:
You might wanna change ur priorities if not retaining ur mounts/achievements is keeping u off of trying smth new. Why not just stay on MoP?
Srsly why should they bend the knee - it's not like ppl on retail get to dictate what happens there if u r arguing from that perspective, so why should it be the case here?
Newsflash! bugs happen on a private server - u should've acknowledged that b4 trying one

It has nothing to do with progression, you would just keep your hard worked cosmetics and epenis in terms of achiev points. you would get nothing which actually makes you have advantage. You'd still have to go through wod and legion content and lvl 90 is just a matter of 2hours anyways so yea. But making us loose our shit is basicly spitting on us. Why would you not give a shit about like most of ur community as a developer over "new players" and the transfer of characters doesn't even make them worse. New player would have nothing to loose. They could even gain through that cuz if they'd be lucky and get into old guild they could get even help from old members. There's litterally no benefit for either of the side in case of fresh new start and on transfer old players are at least fine with new server so they can keep it alive still. And also trying something new with fresh start means you have to go through shitty early game of wow again multiple times and you cannot hold rare items that are cosmetics and were removed from the game in wod/legion.

0 0

Starsene

[Bone Fletcher]

(since 21-04-2022 01:09)

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 01:24:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

necromancer92 wrote:

Yes.
The majority of people playing on freakz are old players, how old is irrelevant and there is no reason to force us to discard all progress we did on our characters because of ????? reason and pretty much give a gigantic *** you to everyone that voted AND donated. And no you cannot make most of the things that legion has account wide because that simply does not exist in mop unless they do some custom freakz only thing (oh look more reasons to just let people keep their characters).
People didnt lose their vanilla mounts,transmogs whatever when they came back 11 years later and made a demon hunter and there is absolutely no reason for freakz to do otherwise.

1 0

prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2018 16:47)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 08:07:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

necromancer92 wrote:
Starting from scratch is very appealing to new players, not to mention it will be by far the most scripted Legion server on the market!
If you have paid any attention to private servers' life spans nothing attracts more players than a clean slate.
If you're going to wave you donation card argument, well, tough! Go play on retail if you want a permanent character. Seriously you're not fooling anyone because it's not like you have any better options -
Buckle up buttercups this decision might bring Freakz to even greater new heights.

I think same argument holds good for u2... If u dont want to start from ur current lvl 90, noone asks u to transfer ur char...Start from scratch , make ur friends start from scratch , enjoy the content..None is forcing u to do otherwise......
It isnt a matter of what appeals u the most, but the entire community as a whole...

Also most of the arguments here is not about realm conversion but migration...If u want, u migrate, else enjoy from start...I dont see how that will affect the realm in any way if economy is adjusted accordingly...

Gentle reminder to all those who say blizz doesnt give a f word abt player's random discussions...Just rewind ur memories why freakz is such a beloved server to all of us..It HEEDS to its player's legitimate calls and adjusts its decisions and methodology as the situation demands......The DYNAMIC nature of this "Private server "is what differentiates it from other Private servers and even blizz...

@People's number 1 Choice Award!!!
I dont think this immense feat would be possible if freakz was just another ambitious private server that launched realms after realms disregarding the importance of player base and their connection to age old chars..For most of us, chars are not just chars...Its the only part of our life compensating no outdoors, no gfs, no parties..... *_<

P.S :Scattering the present player base for a future realm isnt a wise decision imho...Key to an everchanging flow of MMORPG is maintaining that unique connectivity of past,present and the promising future (cheesy eh?!)

5 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 08:26:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

^ + rep

Retired

3 0

necromancer92

[esoteric]

(since 05-03-2021 11:30)

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 17:25:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've started playing here since 4.0.6 - 2012 and I'm also someone who collected gear, mounts and other stuff but I'm still open to their idea of making a fresh new realm because people flock to such realms like crazy.
It's Legion, I don't know if you pay any attention to what's happening outside your comfort zone but there's a lot of stuff to keep you invested in once Legion opens. If some petty things would put your delicate mind off of playing it, god damn, you're probably playing the wrong game and for wrong reasons. Like I said it's THEIR decision and you might for once agree with it?

They're keeping the MoP realm, if you can't depart from some of the items you've obtained you can always hop on MoP. I'd understand your concerns if they were closing MoP realm.

"Its the only part of our life compensating no outdoors, no gfs, no parties..... *_<"

cringe - u might wanna keep that to urself

0 1

Netherx

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 19:23:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This would make more sense,if the people who would want to play on that realm weren't 90% old players from the current 2.6k people online,you really think that because of probably less than 100 people wanting a fresh start,those 2.5k people would want to start fresh?You must be insane. (obviously not really all people would play that,it's just an example)
This type of thing only should exist if you're moving to a different server,where logically you would have to start fresh,since you never played there before...but this is different.We've been playing here for years,some people from 2012 even,that's 4 years of server loyalty going down the drain for absolutely no logical reason.Pandering to "new players" over old players who stuck with you for years makes no sense,unless you just don't care about your community.Also newsflash,the amount of "new people" that would join,is probably going to be less than 100-200 at best,freakz is late to the party when it comes to Legion.

0 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 19:27:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Who never raged against Sony/Microsoft for their lack on backward compatibility ?

That's something a friend completely off wow's universe told me today, it sticks with my mind and i actually didn't tell him i was the OP or that i was strongly related to the thread's popularity.

0 0

bleaahhzz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-07-2018 16:14)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 20:01:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

necromancer92 wrote:
I've started playing here since 4.0.6 - 2012 and I'm also someone who collected gear, mounts and other stuff but I'm still open to their idea of making a fresh new realm because people flock to such realms like crazy.
It's Legion, I don't know if you pay any attention to what's happening outside your comfort zone but there's a lot of stuff to keep you invested in once Legion opens. If some petty things would put your delicate mind off of playing it, god damn, you're probably playing the wrong game and for wrong reasons. Like I said it's THEIR decision and you might for once agree with it?

They're keeping the MoP realm, if you can't depart from some of the items you've obtained you can always hop on MoP. I'd understand your concerns if they were closing MoP realm.

"Its the only part of our life compensating no outdoors, no gfs, no parties..... *_<"

cringe - u might wanna keep that to urself

yea,they might be keeping the MoP realm but who plays a patch if he knows that his character will never reach the next patch like wod or legion or whatever is to come.
Personaly i don`t think keeping mop will be possible.If there won`t be char migration then a lot o people will just stop playing and if there will be they will be playing legion not mop.Yea,some players might stick to mop for pvp,do some battle pets or stuff like that but for how long?...

1 0

Sunblade

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-02-2018 02:42)

Votes: 40

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 21:05:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

necromancer92 wrote:

Lmao who the hell's this guy?

First of all, petty things? We worked our asses of for these achievements, titles, mounts, pets, whatever. Just because you did jack shit nothing for these cosmetics doesn't mean all of us have to let go of them.
Second, we are the players - we donate, we provide money for this server, we are entitled to having an opinion about what's happening to it. For example, if your government said "We have used up all your pension funds for <insertsomethinghere>, you'll have to start over with them", you think you and everyone else won't start protesting and demand that the government fills back up the pension fund?
Lastly, the last part I quoted from your comment is simply the stupidest thing I've ever read. Let me counterargument you: if you can't handle people starting from 90 with their cosmetics, you can crawl back to the MoP realm and start from scratch there. Does that make sense to you? No the *** it doesn't.

Last edited by Sunblade on 23-01-2017, 21:12:43; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 21:10:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

bleaahhzz wrote:
Personaly i don`t think keeping mop will be possible.If there won`t be char migration then a lot o people will just stop playing and if there will be they will be playing legion not mop.Yea,some players might stick to mop for pvp,do some battle pets or stuff like that but for how long?...
I bet players said the same about Vanilla
... and TBC
... and WoTLK
... and Cataclysm
... and so on.

Netherx wrote:
This would make more sense,if the people who would want to play on that realm weren't 90% old players from the current 2.6k people online,you really think that because of probably less than 100 people wanting a fresh start,those 2.5k people would want to start fresh?You must be insane. (obviously not really all people would play that,it's just an example)
This type of thing only should exist if you're moving to a different server,where logically you would have to start fresh,since you never played there before...but this is different.We've been playing here for years,some people from 2012 even,that's 4 years of server loyalty going down the drain for absolutely no logical reason.Pandering to "new players" over old players who stuck with you for years makes no sense,unless you just don't care about your community.Also newsflash,the amount of "new people" that would join,is probably going to be less than 100-200 at best,freakz is late to the party when it comes to Legion.
So basically you're saying 2500 people posted in this topic, but for some reason we're only seeing only a very small fraction of those posters. Stop talking in everyone else's name.

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Netherx

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 21:15:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That's my point exactly,the small minority in this topic shouldn't dictate for the vast majority,and even here it's 50/50 for "yes to char transfer" and "no to char transfer".Imagine if you were to open a poll what the results would be.It's your choice in the end,but it makes sense to cater to your community,no?
1 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 21:19:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What is your point exactly? You said "the minority shouldn't dictate... but it should dictate". Make up your mind

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Netherx

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 21:23:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Eh...what?Did you even read second part of the sentence "open a poll" a.k.a,announce in game where people will actually see it,less than 10% are even on the forum.Of course the most vocal ones are the only ones you will see.
1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 24 January 2017 18:47

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 07:22:59
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x