User
Pass
2FA

Mop to Legion
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A
Author Message33319
Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 20-01-2017, 22:06:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,

Quote:
You will be using the same accounts from MoP on the Legion realm too BUT MoP realm will NOT be converted to Legion. This means we will create a new, fresh realm for Legion where everyone starts from scratch, you cannot transfer your MoP characters to Legion.

Is it set in the stone and won't change no matter what ? What is the reasonning behind this decision ?

If yes, then i won't set a foot on this legion server, i will remain on mop if the quality remains acceptable otherwise i will leave simply, either detinitely quitting wow or going on retail.

If no, can you reconsider this ?

Why ? you may ask.

I farmed 490+ different battle pets on this server, some may not be obtainable "freely" once i get to legion if i ever decide to gather them, some i had to spend days chasing after them, questing or even voting to acquire them. This will disappear : https://www.wow-freakz.com/stats.php?ladder=achievements . The simple fact that some people will have to start over will just take out all of their motivation, for me it will because all i ever farmed on Mop was because i had time, time i no longer have that easily because i used to be unemployed but know i am back to studying.
No more healthy battle pet community, even though it's actually hurted because of the lack of deeper scripts it exists, no more lorewalkers.

Not transferring existent characters from mop realm to legion will put me in reprieve. Though it seems fair for new player, it's not something they can legitimately ask for, i didn't claim anything to catch up on people that had all the thing i used to had on a different server. It's not even "blizzlike" to begin with because your character is saved throughout every expansion as long as you update your account, which means newcomers have to deal with it.

Thank you for your answers.
I wish best luck in this new challenge you go after, i personnally think it's a big gamble i'd never make but so be it.

Last edited by Magnus06 on 21-01-2017, 01:07:04; edited 1 time in total
6 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 20-01-2017, 22:09:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings,

We decided to keep MoP for multiple reasons as already stated in our official announcement:
  • Our MoP is by far the best when it comes to scripting quality
  • Many people prefere MoP over other expansions
  • This is a chance for us to expand our playerbase

This seems by far the best descision that could be made.

Cheers, Ash.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

Starsene

[Bone Fletcher]

(since 21-04-2022 01:09)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 20-01-2017, 22:36:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ashcool wrote:
Greetings,

We decided to keep MoP for multiple reasons as already stated in our official announcement:
  • Our MoP is by far the best when it comes to scripting quality
  • Many people prefere MoP over other expansions
  • This is a chance for us to expand our playerbase

This seems by far the best descision that could be made.

Cheers, Ash.

Not once in that post did he mention the mop realm.He is talking about not being able to transfer your characters over to legion (some of which are as old as wotlk) A lot of things isn't even available now on mop as it was in cata/wotlk so that will just go out the window in legion unless they make an effort to actually fix achievements. It didn't happen until now and it wont happen this time as well.
Plus not to mention a lot of people might be losing their character names because of random people taking them

Challenge mode mounts and transmogs? Gone. Pvp mounts and titles? Gone. etc etc
Unless of course you donate a couple of bucks at it

1 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

Post Posted: 20-01-2017, 22:43:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I kind of understand your furstration, but if we allow the transfer of current characters to Legion, new comers wont be able to compete with old players.
Also this is an opportunity for people that didn't start playing since WoTLK to achieve realm firsts.

1 0

Starsene

[Bone Fletcher]

(since 21-04-2022 01:09)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 20-01-2017, 22:59:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Compete in what? Transmog contests? Nobody cares about post wotlk realm first and most of them weren't achieavable in the first place on freakz
There was no Sinestra, Ragnaros, Nefarian and only Deathwing was done, in mop all of them but garrosh had realms first runs but there will be NO competition in legion when a single lvl 100 character can breeze through the entire raid and solo everything

2 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 20-01-2017, 23:42:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Magnus06 wrote:
It's not even "blizzlike" to begin with because your character is saved throughout every expansion as long as you update your account, which means newcomers have to deal with it.

I've takled about it. Will reply later i'm raiding amtm

0 0

MikiQ22

[Harley Quinn]

(since 27-01-2020 10:28)

Votes: 33

Post Posted: 20-01-2017, 23:58:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It is not just battle pets, there are also mounts, and not insulting anyone "achievement whores". We all know at least one person of that kind, do you think that kind of a person is willing to remake his character, do all the quests, rares, achievements again? I do not think so.

Also there are things such as Cutting Edge or Ahead of the Curve. Having this as a PvE'r grants some kind of a pride against a newcomer. Else we are all on the same level and you cannot even spot a newcomer because all are on the same level. In my opinion being a kind of "veteran" should be allowed since we have spent a lot of time on freakz and all of it is kind of taken from us if we decide to go full time legion.

Of course we all can begin from 0, but I think that migrations will exist on legion server since I believe you want to make it as MoP one is. Then what, you do not allow us to tranfser characters to let the newcomers catch up but you allow newcomers to come, merge and get instant level? What kind of decision is that, punishing old players for being with freakz? I suggest to take that topic on private forum of GM's and rethink that decision because I believe that will cause population lose for now as it is.

I simply and entirely do not understand what do you lose by letting us transfer the characters, MoP Donated items will be worthless and they should not be transfered to legion level donated items, but simple level? achievements? mounts? battle pets? Those things may be little in your vision speaking to GM's but in terms of person having them they have the value, like an old necklace that you have attachment to. Pixels pixels pixels and once more pixels BUT those are valuable pixels for the owners.

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 00:07:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If migrations exists (probably) they won't be available with the start for sure.

0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(since 30-10-2023 02:42)

Votes: 872

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 00:27:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I kinda agree with Magnus06 .

This seems quite unfair for the veteran players , or even for recent ones who put in effort / purchased transmogs or titles or mounts on their characters to not be able to have them on the new Legion server if thats where they would like to play , so you should seriously think about it because like Magnus06 it does seem like a big gamble , and you do not want to lower your chances for sure.

Offtopic : Wasn't Legion on Freakz last years April's fool lol?

0 0

bleaahhzz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-07-2018 16:14)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 00:33:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

what about those that donated for mounts,gear(fun items/transmog/pve or pvp gear),battle pets or this kind of things? they did that so they can have them for the mop sv? on which the population will decrese because...legion is coming.You can`t expect to get a legion server and also have the mop one and have them balanced.Players will divide and we will have the same thing as we had when exodus was on - ,low population on 2 separated realms, less pvp,less raid/dungeons
If migration won`t be possible,than this is the message I,as a player,will get from freakz: you old?so what, we care more about the new players than the old ones,

0 0

norbert.pls
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-08-2018 16:58)

Votes: 213

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 00:40:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Having the stuff we bought on the other chars, on the legion realm would be decent. However another pay to win shitshow with donated gear will ruin everything.

Electric Warlock Acid Witch
Legion Guide - Destruction Warlock in PVE
Legion Guide - Restoration Shaman in PVE

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 00:43:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Usually donated gears aren't available with the start of an expansion/patch. However it's close to impossible to not offer them at all.

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 01:50:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not being able to transfer a character to a PTR\Beta\Testing realm doesn't bother me that much. Since you do want people to test low-level and potentially game-breaking stuff.
It would however suck if I couldn't do it on release (or even if it would take a few months to become available).
About the mounts thing, are they supposed to be account-bound or realm-bound?
Also, at one point this server had 3 realms (Genesis,Evolution and Exodus) and that turned out to be a bad idea since Romanians played on Exodus anyway despite being a realm aimed to a international community.

And this may be just a shitty idea, but why not create a Legion realm alongside MoP with a cloned+migrated snapshot of the current MoP characters database? That way you still could have your character on a reasonably high quality MoP realm that will never upgrade and only receive maintenance\bugfix updates WHILE still having a copy of your character on the bleeding edge\heavy and active development realm?
Of course those characters will not be the same as they will live on separate realms but at least you lose everything you worked for all those hours\years.

1 0

pixcals

[Warlolololock]

(since 05-03-2022 18:18)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 06:04:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Also i am sure you people are aware that in legion Demon Hunters are available to be made if you have a 1 character at level 70 and then you can directly go into a level 98 character,get level 100 from the starting area and go legion content . Whereas people not intrested in DH will grind and grind through woltk ,cata, mop ,wod content to actually do legion content don't you think that is a bit unfair????.
Would it not be better to have us get our level 90 characters so that the grind only comes down to 10 levels of WoD and not all the old expansions and then get into the main legion content.

1 0

BeAsTX

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-10-2018 12:30)

Votes: 3

IulianLaur 
Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 07:12:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Actually, I'll also lose all my mounts/pets etc. but I am still excited for a new start, everyone fresh, just imagine hitting 110 and doing BGs, everyone in low gear, running in circle like one big headless chicken. To be honest I prefer a fresh new start, also got a few questions, will the character from PBE, the one where we will test I assume, will transfer to the official server once it's open? What rates will the server be?
2 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 24 January 2017 18:47

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 04:03:07
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x