User
Pass
2FA

Mop to Legion
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A
Author Message33626
Yakul

[Battleforged]

(since 24-04-2019 18:25)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 18:11:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@MikiQ22 - You cant expect them to go through all the trouble and not make any profit out of it. I used to farm Karazhan mount for over 2 years and at the end I got it in xmas gift (u could also get it for 100 vote points). The point is I hate paytowin as well but they gotta make money somehow.
Now about the topic I don't care what you do, I'd personally prefer no transfers cause I don't care about mounts/titles/etc. but I do understand players that complain. I used to main horde back in cata and farmed a lot of sh*t and I didn't like the fact that most of my friends switched to ally. I betrayed horde ofc. cause I'd rather play with friends than play alone with my mounts and titles.
Olopa made a good suggestion, if you can make it possible somehow that would be the best solution for every1 I think. -

Last edited by Yakul on 21-01-2017, 18:18:28; edited 2 times in total
0 0

BeAsTX

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-10-2018 12:30)

Votes: 3

IulianLaur 
Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 18:12:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pirinush wrote:
I will talk to Shocker and maybe we can come to a compromise to satisfy all. I will come with a feedback later , until then, feel free to talk but don't flame or start cursing :-P

Can you ask him also if:

When we create new characters on the PTR server, will they stay when the live server goes in or are the chars gonna get wiped?
What rates will the realm be? x1, x5, x10 etc.?

Thanks

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 20:29:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

BeAsTX wrote:
Can you ask him also if:

When we create new characters on the PTR server, will they stay when the live server goes in or are the chars gonna get wiped?
What rates will the realm be? x1, x5, x10 etc.?

Thanks

They could just make a Q&A\FAQ thread in where we can yell at them and ask how things will be done.

0 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 21-01-2017, 23:01:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pirinush wrote:
I will talk to Shocker and maybe we can come to a compromise to satisfy all. I will come with a feedback later , until then, feel free to talk but don't flame or start cursing :-P

Hello, thank you for doing this. The participation we see here is a mere representation of what i think to be a community-wide "issue". I'd suggest not to copy every characters but only those with a certain /played or with recent activity to mitigate the amount of work, this seems to also be a way to kill two birds with one stone because it'll actually flush unused nicknames. There's a lot of characters with names some wanted to have that has been picked prior to their arrival on freakz but these guys didn't even got through the starting area and left the game. See what i mean ?

Back to the matter, i noticed some people saying this and that so here's what i think :

-Having people on differents scales is not an issue because if you think about it, you don't actually restraint play time or stuff so no matter what, you will always have people with better level, gear, stuff because they had more time or were faster than others to get them. Moreover, you seem to see the glass half empty while i see it half filled or vice-versa, maybe newcomers will get frustrated to see people with already all those shit but some others would be reassured or fascinated to see what other people do have.

Imagine i'm a guy from retail and i decide to come on private because i can't afford it anymore. I encounter a guy in my starting area chilling around with his Lorewalker title, i happened to have it on retail so will i hate him or be frustrated because i had it no longer while he does, or will i be happy i can actually see that guy has it so i can get that achiev/title aswell ?
I'd say a bit of boths but i'd be more happy because as i said, i'm from retail and i kinda apprehend private servers because they don't have the same quality in terms of scripts and such.

See ? Glass can be seen half empty as well as half filled.

-On retail some gear, misc and other stuff got permanently removed from the game. Think AQ event, the title is purchasable here on freakz but on retail it isn't, you actually needed to be on retail to do the quest chain back then and if you weren't there well you can still go on private servers that let it available at all time or something to enjoy it but this among a lot of stuff that are no longer obtainable for newcomers but still these guys actually pay and know that even though they pay they won't have it ever, while on freakz you currently can pay and have it but this is something else.

I think that's about it, i'm glad people actually got concerned about this subject wether if they are for or against , having some pros and cons is great to settle things accordingly.

0 0

troncho

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-02-2018 19:32)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 00:30:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you freakz staff, this is really cool news. You really are the best server

I understand the apprehension people have by this announcement. I also am concerned about all the stuff I got thru hard work or by donations, because I obviously want to try and play Legion.

However, I think the solution is more simple than what's been proposed - or at least I haven't seen it yet. Keep what's account bound, account bound. Not "realm bound" sort of speak.

That way mounts, pets, account wide achievements and titles are kept. Also, that way you could send heirlooms to the new realm for faster leveling. You could give a free transfer of a couple of toons, and charge for more. Let's be completely honest, you need money to keep running this free server. And I believe you should charge something for giving something for free. That something doesn't have to be necessary for people to have, it's just a perk (like transferring 11 toons, having an epic flying mount or being able to buy an account bound title).

Keeping account bound stuff as such is very "retail like" and makes things a lot easier for everyone I think.

Anyway, thank you for your continued hard work for the community.

p.s. is there any way you can start seeding the legion client sooner than end of feb so we could start downloading it, tnx.

1 0

lordmarrowgrath

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-12-2019 12:15)

Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 01:09:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's good to hear some ideas about transfer or copy chars. We love freakz. Please freakz, bring our main chars to new legion server. Dont break hearts :_) (I have 10k+ achieve, 150+ mount, loremaster... Dont ruin it please)
0 0

Breaksense

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-06-2023 21:10)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 15:59:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

My suggestions would be:

1. You allow ONE character transfer (not copy) per account. Permanent, no going back. - less desirable from staff and player POV
2. You open character transfers and migrations after a period since the realm opening. - logical, would compel players to finish MoP content and allow the Legion realm to grow
3. You make character transfers an expensive vote and donation feature. - players get to keep their progress but will take a long time to gather vote points thus realm wouldn't be flooded by high levels (a compromise between point 1 and 2)

My point is that whatever you decide, do not forbid character transfers. I am sure many like me would love to play the latest expansion but to start from zero is not an option. I, for example, have been playing on Freakz since WotLK, 90% of my play time is with one character. Would you abandon that?

1 0

prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2018 16:47)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 17:47:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Best suggestion i can think of :

---Allowing max 1 character migration to legion would be great for veteran players...This way they can carry their achievements, mounts, pets , acc-bound mog gears , they can start from wod content and yet have the feel of being a veteran over new players..

---Removing all gold from their bag and resetting the proffessions ( so economy is saved )!

---And since only 1 char is allowed, this can even out the grounds for new comers too..

But making us work from scratch is a bit cold imho.... The very thought of doing those hour-long things again gives me the chills in my spine!
Breaksense suggestions seem really valid, but please announce if character migration will be possible beforehand so we dont make same class as the one we would love to migrate..

Or as Troncho pointed out, make acc bound, completely acc bound ( titles, pets,mounts,achievements etc..) This seems a nice suggestion too..This way we can stat from level 1 but still keep our beloved things...

So many many good suggestions here in topic, hope to hear more good news:D

P.S: Excited for Legion so much -

0 0

BeAsTX

[Mentally Stable]

IulianLaur 
Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 20:19:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Don't get me wrong, I am pro transfering also, so I won't lose some unique things from my MoP account, but a fresh new start/server sounds awesome as well, I mean, just imagine 1000-2000 people leveling in the same time on the server, the pvp, rdfs, pve and etc. just imagine that. Sounds exciting as hell.
2 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(since 30-10-2023 02:42)

Votes: 872

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 20:21:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

BeAsTX wrote:
the pvpl.

Clearly you didnt read what i typed the first time i did quote you

0 0

BeAsTX

[Mentally Stable]

IulianLaur 
Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 21:47:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Orga wrote:
BeAsTX wrote:
the pvpl.

Clearly you didnt read what i typed the first time i did quote you

I did read, but what does that have anything in common with what I said? I meant the pvp, when a level 30 horde and a level 30 alliance meet in stv, or any other low level map.

0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(since 30-10-2023 02:42)

Votes: 872

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 23:29:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

All the progress is gated behind AP , PvP gearing is irrelevant so there wont be any difference between players . Only gold will be the issue and from the Cataclysm to MoP it got wiped ( alongside any expensive mats aka gems / essences etc.) so there is literally no reason to force us to make new characters , and i say force yes before you start saying that no one forced me to play on the legion server , if my friends will play on it then i also want to .

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 22-01-2017, 23:34:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's not only about "no reason not to transfer chars, they will be outdated", stop repeating that over and over and either come up with new arguments or let the others discuss in silence without you or the rest keep saying that

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

necromancer92

[esoteric]

(since 05-03-2021 11:30)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 00:02:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Starting from scratch is very appealing to new players, not to mention it will be by far the most scripted Legion server on the market!
If you have paid any attention to private servers' life spans nothing attracts more players than a clean slate.
If you're going to wave you donation card argument, well, tough! Go play on retail if you want a permanent character. Seriously you're not fooling anyone because it's not like you have any better options -
Buckle up buttercups this decision might bring Freakz to even greater new heights.

2 2

Dithis

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-07-2019 11:18)

Votes: 90

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 00:26:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ashcool wrote:
I kind of understand your furstration, but if we allow the transfer of current characters to Legion, new comers wont be able to compete with old players.
Also this is an opportunity for people that didn't start playing since WoTLK to achieve realm firsts.

I'm sorry but I have to stop you right there. Blizzard never cared about that. Don't you dare tell us you do. This is an insult to our intellect on top of being a politically correct lie. There's no way around it.
That said. Go ahead, make a new battlenet account. You're going to cross paths with that guy running around with a pet/item/mount/title only obtainable through a code no longer obtainable and that sells for thousands of dollars on ebay now. Go ahead, file a ticket to a gamemaster and ask for this "injustice to be fixed", you'll get "He was playing for XX years and you shouldn't expect having by default what he worked for." as an answer.

"Realm first"s are NOT a right. They are a privilege and I will not play on a server where a noob happened to get that achievement because he got lucky when his betters who are fully invested in the game weren't for any random reason.
Don't tell us this stupid point (yes, it IS stupid if your reasoning is base on a finite single insignificant point) is your only argument.

I'll go further by replying to your "Many people prefere MoP over other expansions" by a "You have no right to decide what WE WANT to play".
Yes, you have NO RIGHT to tell us "you spent years farming all that? Too bad, we want the newcomers to have the same chances as you by removing everything you did". Do you REALLY think this is a valid argument? The least to be said about this is that it is AN INSULT to people who made your server work.
Yes, it is an insult to ALL OF US.

You got loremaster? Too bad, you'll have to farm again.
You have mountains of pets some of which you VOTED FOR US to obtain? Too bad, we don't give a f**k about you voting for us.
You DONATED YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO US for XXX item? Too bad, we took your money and we'll remove your stuff.
You spent ages doing our work reporting bugs? No sorry, we don't care baout your efforts, we'll still throw you in a dead realm or in a fully non-functional realm.

Okay and let me address that other pathetic lie of "leaving MoP active and maintained". Do you REALLY think we're going to buy the lie you're going to maintain a realm that's doomed to emptiness because everyone will want to try Legion?!
Tons of proven class bugs still waiting for a fix for years. A messed up phasing system you know about for years. Content that's still yet to be seen worked on for years. And you're saying all this is going to be fixed when all the work is going to be shifted to a new realm you randomly set as your Ace in the hold?!

I'm sorry but I'm probably older than you and have no time for lies or discussing politically correct pretexts. Either give us actual aruments or just tell us you simply don't care about the community that's making your server work.

No, excuses won't work, if you care to give real answers go ahead, otherwise feel free to ban me for saying things as they are. Everyone knows anyway.

8 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 24 January 2017 18:47

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

The time now is 25-04-2024, 12:50:19
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x