User
Pass
2FA

Mop to Legion
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A
Author Message33652
Netherx

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-07-2018 08:46)

Votes: 89

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 10:34:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'd say this topic is going absolutely nowhere,we've presented our arguments,and he has done his,no conclusion has been made.Only insults are flying around,"facts" that are known by the community already,and god knows what else.

Unless there is a poll made for the community to actually respond properly(advertise in game on an auto broadcast for example),this simply won't have a hard answer.There is no point debating further,any attempt is immediately shut down by either new players who don't have the same time investment as the rest,or simply a repeat of what's been said already.

A simple poll,that's all we want to see,polls don't lie.

0 0

Stashhh

[Oldschool KingPin]

(since 04-02-2021 17:06)

Votes: 46

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 10:54:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Netherx wrote:
I'd say this topic is going absolutely nowhere,we've presented our arguments,and he has done his,no conclusion has been made.Only insults are flying around,"facts" that are known by the community already,and god knows what else.

Unless there is a poll made for the community to actually respond properly(advertise in game on an auto broadcast for example),this simply won't have a hard answer.There is no point debating further,any attempt is immediately shut down by either new players who don't have the same time investment as the rest,or simply a repeat of what's been said already.

A simple poll,that's all we want to see,polls don't lie.

It's going because people can't comprehend the fact that you can't make everyone happy, we just heard that we might get our mounts/ach and so on back, you can't complain about the level if the rate will be x10 or x15 again, even if it's x1, it's still fun and can be overlooked. And with the poll, you know that the winners will be the ones that want char transfer and so, just because the other members of the community is not on forum or it's not interested in your problems and so on, so it will not solve a thing, polls are made when every member can vote and express their opinion otherwise you can say it's irrelevant.

0 0

prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2018 16:47)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 11:05:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If i may, i might have stumbled upon an idea to satisfy both sides ..Let me make a gist of both sides :

Against Migration :

1 . Wants a fresh start.
2 . Levelling should be fair for new players.
3 . Economy should be fresh ( Hidden agenda)
4 . Mop chars need to be in mop realm so it doesnt feel empty suddenly if migration is allowed.
5 . Promoting low level RDFs, dungeons, BGs.
6 . If player feels nostalgic or bored with legion, they should get a chance to play MOP again from where they left.

For Migration :

1 . Status of Veteran player need to be preserved.
2 . Interests of hour long farming need to be acknowledged.
3 . Mounts, pets , titles, Character names must be transferred.
4 . Donation exclusive mogs ( BOA ) need to be transferred.
5 . Can compromise with leveling ( Leveling to 90 is just max 2 hours ).

My suggestion is :

1 . There is definitely a long time before real realm is released. It is going to be PTR in Feb anyways.
2 . Fix acc-wide achievements if possible.
3 . Allow 1 char per account for migration under a few conditions :
- Must be Level 1
- Zero gold in inventory
- No BOE , BOP epics, items allowed
- Allow BOA mog gears and legendaries ( we worked so hard to get them anyways ) if possible.
- Definitely Professions cannot be maxed out at level 1 so new players wont feel pushed alone.

This way both parties can be satisfied . Like shocker wanted we start afresh from level 1 , clean slate in economy , equal for old and new players.
And like we all wanted we can carry our titles, mounts, achievements , pets , BOA mogs through this fake char ( now dont flame for things u might miss, there need to be a few compensations at the end of the day).

This may not be the best idea or i dont even know if its possible but i definitely cannot think of something to please both sides.. Also our devs have done epic xmas quest chain event, im sure they can do something like this too..

1 0

Scott

[Maniac]

(since 03-04-2023 21:32)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 11:16:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Or just let people transfer the full char 1-2-3 weeks later. We can make alts in the meantime.
0 0

BeAsTX

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-10-2018 12:30)

Votes: 3

IulianLaur 
Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 11:26:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There's no way, Freakz can make everyone happy, and to be honest the idea of a fresh new start is going to make more people happy. I know it sucks for most of the people around the forum, as they are the 'veterans' who worked their *** of for their characters. But my suggestion is, let them make a fresh new servers, and accounts, that were active let's say in the past 1 year, with at least 2-3 months old( I just gave some numbers, they shall do the requirements anyhow they want ) , shall get a compensation, let's say some vote points or Funds, so they can get 1/2 mounts or titles, or w/e anyone wants. That way new people will get the fresh start, and old folks gets something. Anyway, trying to satisfy everyone will get into more flames, arguing and etc.
0 0

Scott

[Maniac]

(since 03-04-2023 21:32)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 11:44:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

BeAsTX wrote:
There's no way, Freakz can make everyone happy, and to be honest the idea of a fresh new start is going to make more people happy. I know it sucks for most of the people around the forum, as they are the 'veterans' who worked their *** of for their characters. But my suggestion is, let them make a fresh new servers, and accounts, that were active let's say in the past 1 year, with at least 2-3 months old( I just gave some numbers, they shall do the requirements anyhow they want ) , shall get a compensation, let's say some vote points or Funds, so they can get 1/2 mounts or titles, or w/e anyone wants. That way new people will get the fresh start, and old folks gets something. Anyway, trying to satisfy everyone will get into more flames, arguing and etc.

You don't understand, it's not only about mounts and pets, this is a pve server, you loose all pve progress you did trough the years (which now you can see in armory), you loose statistics like how many times you killed a boss and on which difficulty, also in pvp statistics like your max ratings in 2vs2, 3vs3, you're HK's etc., also a long time ago there were pve events and some people got cool stuff as rewards like custom tabards, things that differentiate you from a pleb are gone for no reason.

0 0

Olopa

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-06-2021 11:00)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 12:02:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Its true what some guys here said, not everyone that cares about pets/mounts/etc is an active forum member. But anyway, please dont ignore us just because some guys on this thread are outraging. I still think its awesome to have a legion server, we are just asking if its possible to let us keep some of the stuff we worked hard to get. And i personally dont think anyone will be upset if everyone on the new server start at level 1 and some of us have a companion at our side. Its not like it gives anyone an advantage and it will even make easier for new players to farm those pets/mounts without so much competition.
1 0

necromancer92

[esoteric]

(since 05-03-2021 11:30)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 13:56:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@prashanth123
Has it ever occurred to u how demanding and time consuming coding all of that is? R u the one who's going to do all of that for them?

Did u even bother to check out the video? Look at how many core things they have alrdy scripted and it's not even out yet.
B4 telling me to stop posting and trying to silence some1 for having an opinion that doesn't comply with ur cringe entitled views, can't u for once appreciate the fact they're willing to go thru all of this just to provide u with up to date content? FOR FREE

Do u rly think ppl who play on Freakz for the sake of playing games and having a fun time cry wolf and ragequit every time a decision is made that goes against their principles? No1 would be playing on private servers if every1 was such an uptight ***. Don't be that guy.

0 0

MeizNab

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-12-2019 02:29)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 14:12:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Scott wrote:
Or just let people transfer the full char 1-2-3 weeks later. We can make alts in the meantime.

that's what i said make it for vote points 200-300 VP per char wount hurt , at least give people a reason to vote after the prepium VP shop closes.

0 0

naty92

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-03-2017 21:02)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 14:17:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

We can use avaible vote point from this account when legion is live?
0 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 1 day ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 14:26:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

naty92 wrote:
We can use avaible vote point from this account when legion is live?

Same account will be used, only realms will differ. So, yes, you can still use the Votepoints.

Retired

1 0

zarkrid

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-11-2020 16:51)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 14:43:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't like that idea either. On mop realm we have alot of transmongs, fun items, achivs, mounts, titles, etc. Im not happy to hear that I must start it from 0. OK I understand that mop realm will still exists, but what after 6-12 months? Everyone will play on Legion or they'll quit 'cus there is no reason to play anymore. So all that items, chars will be deleted or forgotten forever?
It's not like we are not happy atm with your work, but i'd rather play Legion with characters that i've played on cata and mop.
Let's be serious, 6 months after Legion release, mop will be very low populated. We understand that you've put alot of work on this server but making a legion realm from scratch it's not a good idea. Maybe you can just copy the database from mop(or at least only chars we've logged in the last year) and start legion with our chars.
What will happen when blizz we'll release a new expansion? You'll convert Legion to that new expansion, letting our mop chars to be forgotten or you'll make a new realm for that expansion aswell?
I think that players need their chars, they've worked hard on them so they can obtain everything. Or maybe you can copy database(or copy only active chars/accounts in the last months, or year or chars that have at least 5 days played time) and make all chars level 1, deleting gold and points, but not items,achiv,mounts,etc. but at least, let us play with chars that represent us.

"Do I need to repeat the math argument again? Yes, COUPLE of players ask for this. The other 30.000+ active players don't. "

Can you make a poll so everyone can vote?
An in-game poll if possible, see what people wants. There are players that don't check forum or website.
Or make a poll on main-page so everyone who acces freakz and have an account can see that poll and vote.

There are people who says: tbc is the best, bring wotlk back, etc... Ok...but how many? Most of people whats to continue the journey they started years ago with their chars. No doubt, there we'll be players who will say: Mop was better, i wish they never update it. There are items/achiv/titles that are no longer obtainable in legion back from wotlk/cata/mop. Mop it's an old expansion, people we'll eventually stop playing it(it's not a perfect expansion, tho) so why we cant just play with our chars in legion, that will make us more happy.

Last edited by zarkrid on 24-01-2017, 15:27:26; edited 2 times in total
0 1

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 15:18:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

My idea of satisfying both parties would be to allow character migrations, but only after a long period of time. Have everyone get the reach level cap, get realm firsts, start raiding\pvp etc. Once everyone catches up, let the mop characters in.
About the "10 players don't speak for majority" argument. The server has a lot of features that pander to a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase. While arena spectate is used somewhat regularly, I've never seen anyone use .challenge more than once for example.

0 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 15:46:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Polls and threads have the same issues, i spoke about 'em it's technically impossible to make a poll that will cover the majority of server's population for the said reasons.

Wet dream would be a message that'll pop ingame and prompt players to type something like .poll_partialtransfert yes or .poll_transfert no . Actually if this is possible, that could be reused for a lot of stuff but in the end, the question is : will it be worth the coding and stuff ?

Seeing how this threads goes, i don't think many relevant post will grow from now on and for one simple reason : interpretation. Staff member dedicated to developpment are not necessarily active player or they don't play at all so they can't like someone above said put themselves in our shooes and the exact opposite is true too. Though i've already been a staff member, it was only for social and assistance puroposes, not actual scripting or alike. Interpretation is not incarnation thus we eventually begin to rant into each others.

So let's invent the annual switch day where all players become staff members and all staff members become players. 8D

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 15:47:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Magnus06 wrote:
Wet dream would be a message that'll pop ingame and prompt players to type something like .poll_partialtransfert yes or .poll_transfert no . Actually if this is possible, that could be reused for a lot of stuff but in the end, the question is : will it be worth the coding and stuff ?
I was just thinking of something similar, but a bit more complex than YES NO, I'll try to come up with something today

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 24 January 2017 18:47

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

The time now is 29-04-2024, 00:26:18
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x