User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] PvP turns on when you cast AoE spells
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Show only staff posts
Author Message15156
Solareclipse

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-10-2020 05:53)

Votes: 67

Post Posted: 11-08-2017, 15:22:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It happens to everyone on the server, usually upon doing world quests.
While I'm doing world quests I get flagged 20-30 times per day, and that's without even trying to do aoe to target.
You can get flagged even by not doing anything and just standing in horde aoe or in aoe that's caused by alliance player who is flagged for pvp.
This bug truly makes world quests unplayable, as it shows inequality in horde-alliance population where, if you're alliance player, you'll be outnumbered on every world quest ( at least ) 2 to 1; so, if you're alliance player that got flagged with pvp, good luck leaving the area with all chain cc coming your way after wq objective is completed.
Horde players know this, so they don't mind pvp flagging as they can deal with alliance players with superior numbers ( no arena or bg fairness for fights with equal numbers here ).
Some horde (and few alliance) players even try to spam as many aoe spells as possible to flag players for pvp and kill them, thus exploit pvp flagging bugs.
I hope GMs will fix these pvp flagging issues soon, because they are really starting to reach tipping point for some players (myself included) as they don't even want to do wq or emissary caches quests anymore due to world pvp flagging.

3 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 11-08-2017, 15:56:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

gavin1234 wrote:
WoW Freakz link: -
Bug description: When you use an AoE attack on mobs while questing and there is a horde player (flagged for pvp) nearby, you automatically get flagged for pvp aswell (even tho you were not flagged for pvp before) because your AoE spell hits the horde player. This is extremely frustrating since it makes casually questing very difficult with horde players nearby that can easily kill you (when they are level 110) if u just hit them with an AoE attack by accident.
Proof: Hard to show proof with this one, but I am pretty sure I am not the only one who noticed this. (Also pretty sure it's is not like this on retail.

0 0

Breaksense

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-06-2023 21:10)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 11-08-2017, 19:36:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

One time while I was waiting for a WQ boss, I had PvP Flag to Off (even did the relog thing, horde players were unattackable) and suddenly a DH comes from behind and Infernal Strikes right onto me. I repeat, while sitting, with PvP Off. And out of nowhere I instantly get flagged for PvP and the rest is obvious.
I get it, don't use AoE and things like that, but seriously. They can flag you without your intervention. It's ridiculous.

It's not a game-breaker, but more like a quality-of-life issue.

3 0

Affrodisia

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-02-2018 17:50)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 14:50:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

another one i would like to fix pvp activation because it's very not fun to relog at every time for disable the pvp activation please fix this probleme in short time please

i hope to play on normal server not on pvp server

Thank you for your help

0 0

Oldkrow

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-09-2017 18:01)

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 23:21:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not sure how long i can continue playing this relog simulator - doing WQs is just too painful, kill boss, get flagged, get ganked, turn off PvP, log off, log back on, run back to corpse, on to next quest to repeat - not fun. It's a shame, this server has a lot to offer, but this one bug ruins too much gameplay, just not worth it. The bugs you are fixing are nice, but really none of them affect even a tenth of a percentage of game play time as this one does.
3 0

Charmaleya

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-07-2018 00:13)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 19-08-2017, 06:52:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Cartmon1337 wrote:
hell I've fought someone 1v1 in the world and once I had killed them someone else stood right in front of me, seeing i'm not at full health and probably used some cds, will toggle pvp and attack me lmao, both factions are just as bad as each other for attacking when they out number or have a cd/hp advantage.

This is the best and most true comment i've seen about the World PvP with both factions.

0 0

wbn

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-03-2022 21:48)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 19-08-2017, 12:01:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Can't we get just a trial period of one or two weeks with disabled world pvp and see how it goes?
0 0

Na1kA

[Mentally Stable]

(since 06-09-2019 07:32)

Votes: 4

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-08-2017, 23:15:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

PowerPhlo wrote:
Kkthnxbye wrote:
since the realm is a PvE realm and not PVP.

The realm is both, PvE & PvP. -

No excuses please,MoP was also both PvE and PvP and things were not that way back there! -
And by the way,this is one of the most irritating bugs ingame,since there are people who don't do PvP AT ALL,and hate to get killed like 20+ times a day while doing WQ or some random quests.
That thing is spoiling the whole game for some ppl,including me.

3 0

Kkthnxbye

[KkthnxUI Developer]

(since 24-12-2020 16:42)

Votes: 21

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  KkthnxTV 
Post Posted: 23-08-2017, 01:34:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Na1kA wrote:
PowerPhlo wrote:
Kkthnxbye wrote:
since the realm is a PvE realm and not PVP.

The realm is both, PvE & PvP. -

No excuses please,MoP was also both PvE and PvP and things were not that way back there! -
And by the way,this is one of the most irritating bugs ingame,since there are people who don't do PvP AT ALL,and hate to get killed like 20+ times a day while doing WQ or some random quests.
That thing is spoiling the whole game for some ppl,including me.

Couldn't agree more. Though I do love the PvP. This game-breaking bug needs to be fixed. @Shocker any word on this status of this bug right now?

Success isn't what you've done compared to others. Success is what you've done compared to what you were made to do.

1 0

Dragosh12

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-09-2022 04:56)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 24-08-2017, 23:49:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Breaksense wrote:
One time while I was waiting for a WQ boss, I had PvP Flag to Off (even did the relog thing, horde players were unattackable) and suddenly a DH comes from behind and Infernal Strikes right onto me. I repeat, while sitting, with PvP Off. And out of nowhere I instantly get flagged for PvP and the rest is obvious.
I get it, don't use AoE and things like that, but seriously. They can flag you without your intervention. It's ridiculous.

Quality of life? How is it not game breaking when you wait for The Nameless King with 5 allies and 20 hordes (or vice-versa sometimes, I don't deny) and all you wish to do is get the world quest, but if you (take me for example as a DK) use a ranged AOE spell - the only spell available to make sure you get credit for the kill in time, and it instantly flags you for PvP and get clobbered and grave camped a dozen times... All I want is to get the world quest done and move on, but i have to endure 20+ players waiting for a boss with 1mil HP that gets instantly bursted down, and all in that while everyone uses AOE to tag people and kill them and ruin their game. I have encountered at least a dozen times where I had to miss a boss due to the sheer number of opposing faction players who intentionally abused and tagged their opposed faction players in order to kill them and deny them the boss kill credit. I have missed The Nameless King (it is at this world quest where the problem is most visible and most annoying) at least 3 times until I could get it because I got killed by world PvP even if I don't want to PvP and I mind my own business with world PvP off. This is not game breaking? Getting killed and grave camped for more than 10-15 minutes or 5-10 deaths is not game breaking? Getting killed in PvP when your PvP is off is not game breaking? And let's not pretend that there are no ego-centric players who do not wish to ruin other people's experience intentionally. Not once have I encountered an enemy hunter waiting for a world boss, who intentionally uses a disorient to make you wander about when a boss spawns so as not to get credit for the kill. And this is just one of the many cases and possibilities...

To me this is the number 1 most annoying and idiotic bugs and problems this server has. Literally frustrating to the bone. This along with non instant flights in Broken Shores (or at least teleports, flying mounts, whatever, I covered this in one of my previous threads).

2 0

Lordryux

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-10-2017 14:23)

Post Posted: 25-08-2017, 01:36:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yea its definitely a game breaker 100% not retail like at all.. ur baically forcing ppl that dont want to pvp.. into pvp for no reason other than u dont have time to fix this *bug* right now well u guys really need to make time tbh pve is what makes this game not pvp.. ur just making all these new players comming to the server to enjoy pve having to deal with them being low lvled having to fight 110s with 890+ ilvl one shotting them cuz of a bug u kno what that does ? it makes new players quit. and that cannot happen.
1 0

makhan

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-04-2019 19:50)

Post Posted: 25-08-2017, 11:31:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

GM's Please fix this issue ASAP. its so frustrating. my PVP is disabled, im not interested in PVP and keep getting dragged into it.
or maybe make an extra realm for PVP and disable PVP in all other realms.

1 0

Breaksense

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 25-08-2017, 13:51:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dragosh12 wrote:
Breaksense wrote:

Quality of life? How is it not game breaking when you wait for The Nameless King with 5 allies and 20 hordes (or vice-versa sometimes, I don't deny) and all you wish to do is get the world quest, but if you (take me for example as a DK) use a ranged AOE spell - the only spell available to make sure you get credit for the kill in time, and it instantly flags you for PvP and get clobbered and grave camped a dozen times... All I want is to get the world quest done and move on, but i have to endure 20+ players waiting for a boss with 1mil HP that gets instantly bursted down, and all in that while everyone uses AOE to tag people and kill them and ruin their game. I have encountered at least a dozen times where I had to miss a boss due to the sheer number of opposing faction players who intentionally abused and tagged their opposed faction players in order to kill them and deny them the boss kill credit. I have missed The Nameless King (it is at this world quest where the problem is most visible and most annoying) at least 3 times until I could get it because I got killed by world PvP even if I don't want to PvP and I mind my own business with world PvP off. This is not game breaking? Getting killed and grave camped for more than 10-15 minutes or 5-10 deaths is not game breaking? Getting killed in PvP when your PvP is off is not game breaking? And let's not pretend that there are no ego-centric players who do not wish to ruin other people's experience intentionally. Not once have I encountered an enemy hunter waiting for a world boss, who intentionally uses a disorient to make you wander about when a boss spawns so as not to get credit for the kill. And this is just one of the many cases and possibilities...

To me this is the number 1 most annoying and idiotic bugs and problems this server has. Literally frustrating to the bone. This along with non instant flights in Broken Shores (or at least teleports, flying mounts, whatever, I covered this in one of my previous threads).

Buddy, you don't understand what game-breaking means. Disable pvp, relog and wait the boss. He spawns, you AoE, you die with the boss and you get kill credit. Ress and move on. Not game-breaker. I'm a DK too but I don't dramatise like you do. Anyways, I'm not gonna argue with someone who thinks not having instant flight paths is annoying and idiotic.

0 1

Dragosh12

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-09-2022 04:56)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 26-08-2017, 21:04:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I would argue forever but I wont take that much time. How is it pleasant for me to relog at every world quest? How is it pleasant for me to be killed when I don't want to, or I don't kill others or even attack them? I have PvP off in the first place, so the relog thing is pointless. Then comes a Horde guy and AoEs near me to turn my PvP on. Is it my fault I get flagged? Ok, I'll relog, but what if when I relog boss is already dead? Then I did all that just to wait 5 more minutes. And I have no guarantee I will get the boss next time either. Some bosses, I wouldn't care. But there are some, who are absolutely outrageous. The Nameless King, Mal'Dreth, the cave with giant crystal npcs in Highmountain, near Calamir, and many many others are zones where PvP is especially common and whatever you do will yield no benefit or escape from it. Regardless of me being flagged or not for PvP.

See? This is the main problem and reason: if there is an option to turn PvP on or off, then that's the problem in the first place. It means that the option SHOULD work. If I turn PvP on then I want to PvP or be PvPed and if I turn it off, it means I don't want to. It's like using /dnd, if I want to be contacted I use my normal option, and if I don't then I turn /dnd on. And no one can do anything about that. To be able to turn an opposing faction's PvP option on at MY free will implies that he has no choice in this option, whether he likes it or not, and if that is the case, why is there such an option in the first place, and where is it fair? It's like going at a restaurant and ordering something that costs 10 dollars, but in the end you get charged 100 dollars just because the restaurant wants to charge you that much, and in the end you have no free will or right to contest that. Get my point? Get what's wrong and game breaking about this?

Other than this, I am done arguing.

2 0

Breaksense

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 26-08-2017, 21:58:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

But you can finish WQs... NOT GAME-BREAKING.

0 1

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 10 October 2017 23:38

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

The time now is 27-04-2024, 20:06:44
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x