User
Pass
2FA

Mist of Pandaren and Cataclysm servers separation idea
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message4522
Shadowbane

[Sith Lord]

(since 30-07-2017 15:54)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 17:04:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'm posting this thread because I believe that it's unfair that we all must quit playing our favorite expansion simply because others are bored. Instead I would suggest and encourage the WoW Freakz team to create two servers, similar to Genesis, Exodus and Evolution. Which is what every other private server has done and this way, you grant us more freedom to choose how we play instead of being forced to start over on an expansion that some of us may dislike.

I understand there may be an issue with the money and with the computer power required, but as I've said before you did have enough computer power and money to run 3 separate servers; Genesis, Exodus and Evolution. So I don't see why one MOP server would hurt anyone, and if anything, it might actually reduce initial lag when you start it up because if there are two options, then chances are the population may split, making it easier for the people on the MOP server to play in peace.

I would also take into account the amount of money spent on Cataclysm donation gear, and the tremendous waste of money you'd be causing by updating the one server that we go on into a MOP server. Like myself, having spent roughly 5,000 dollars over a period of 3 or 4 years on this server, would rather keep what I have and enjoy playing Cataclysm, and I believe you would find that there are people who would agree with this issue if you ask the server yourselves.

I would think that your private servers would benefit tremendously from giving us two different servers to choose and play on, I will take give you some examples of how this is a good thing. The Arena Tournament Private Server, they give you the option to play on three different expansions; WOTLK, CATA and MOP, all using the same account. Heroes WoW, gives you the option to either play on WOTLK or to play on MOP. Another server called Molten WoW allows you to choose between WOTLK and Cataclysm. They are all very successful servers with an extremely high population of players on each one. This is another reason why I suggest this idea to the WoW Freakz team, not only that it'll benefit the players, but it'll benefit you and help expand your player population.

I hope that the people who read this and the WoW Freakz team who reads this, will choose to support this idea and for the WoW Freakz team to have a change of heart in completely upgrading Genesis into a MOP server, and instead will create two separate servers, a Cataclysm 4.3.4 one and a MOP (Whichever patch it is) to grant the players of WoW Freakz the option to choose between either one.

Many thanks,

Shadowbane.

Edit: Apologies, I posted in the wrong section of the forum, I hope that this is the correct one and that my suggestion will be considered here.

3 0

Nevinafreaklol

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-01-2016 21:18)

Votes: 16

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 17:16:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I kinda agree with ya but i think they won't do what you suggest.
BTw we are still best duo blood dk huehuehue

0 0

Shadowbane

[Sith Lord]

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 17:23:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nevinafreaklol wrote:
I kinda agree with ya but i think they won't do what you suggest.
BTw we are still best duo blood dk huehuehue

I know the chances of the WoW Freakz team doing what I suggested is slim, but I have to try anyway. I truly hope that the WoW Freakz team tries this, if we can just get lots of people to vote on this or something, I think it'll change things up for us -

And yes, we certainly are!, are you online right now?

0 0

Gudbror

[I just wasted 20 rep]

(since 22-07-2016 14:53)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 18:30:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't know, freakz seems to be lacking devs and with 2 realms they would be forced to work on both realms. (cuz honestly, if nothing is being done at cataclysm, the realm would eventually die)
0 0

Shadowbane

[Sith Lord]

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 19:06:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gudbror wrote:
I don't know, freakz seems to be lacking devs and with 2 realms they would be forced to work on both realms. (cuz honestly, if nothing is being done at cataclysm, the realm would eventually die)

I'm sure they could then start advertising for more developers, and besides, Cataclysm has so much stuff fixed, there isn't much work to be done on that, so the bulk of the devs could then tend to the MOP server.

I believe we should be allowed to create a voting poll for this, the one with the highest votes is selected and is taken through to the final stage.

I really don't want to change to MOP, it's the reason why I've left retail and why so many players are on WoW Freakz, because of MOP.

2 0

ehsanvreeken

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-06-2015 17:28)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 19:31:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I also think that it is a good idea to keep them seperated, i left retail over MoP's insane changes and later on spent over a year tryign to find a single cata server that was stable, shit open, and atleast at operational to a degree, finally after a long road i find this server and its great so far, hell even the community SO FAR after a couple days is even better than most places, now i hear you guys will upgrade to MoP and when you do replace the cata server, that is a very much a suicide move right there.
Remember there are two types of people that play private servers: those that cant afford retail and those that dont like the new Xpacs.. Do you really wanna remove the one crowd that can, and will drop a dime on server in favour of the kiddos? let alone take a great working server and patch it over with a new one yet to have its bugs and kinks worked out

~amtheMage

1 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 20:55:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shadowbane wrote:
Cataclysm has so much stuff fixed

- - -

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
0 0

ehsanvreeken

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 21:00:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hawtydaboss wrote:
Shadowbane wrote:

- - -

Shadowbane is right mate, this is one of the most complete cata servers out there i mean its no 99% but hey atleast its no molten

nice try creepers, this is mine
2 0

Shadowbane

[Sith Lord]

Post Posted: 16-11-2014, 22:11:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

ehsanvreeken wrote:
Hawtydaboss wrote:
Shadowbane wrote:

- - -

Shadowbane is right mate, this is one of the most complete cata servers out there i mean its no 99% but hey atleast its no molten

Yes, and I would know since I've spent quite a while trying to find an alternate Cataclysm private server whilst being banned 2 years ago, and the closest thing to a good scripted Cata private server was AT Cataclysm's server which was bugged beyond imagination.

By the way, to anyone who is reading this, I implore you to start your own thread protesting against the update and instead ask for a separate server OR if you feel as strongly about it as I do, you could ask for the WoW Freakz team to not update it to MOP at all.

To any of the WoW Freakz team reading this, please, I'm aware you guys are stubborn as hell but for once can you please compromise with the players of your server? Especially the donors of the server, who have practically been funding your server like myself with our own money (I know it was up to us but still) it would be decent to at least let the players who have donated a huge amount to vote for what happens here.

Thanks -

2 0

Picco
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 12-01-2015 20:56)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 18-11-2014, 14:52:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Keeping two servers up cant be that much of a problem for them. We have cata donors, And if they open up MoP (Hopefully they don't) they will get a shit ton of money from cloak donations. So its a win/win for you freakz, Make 2 servers, Problem solved.

1 0

tudor1297

[shefu' la luptatori]

(since 01-02-2020 14:06)

Votes: 250

Post Posted: 18-11-2014, 15:17:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not really. The population now is kinda low

If we have 2 servers, then the population will split between the 2. Probably most of the players will play on the MoP realm, and the cataclysm one will have @500 players at peak time.

Believe me, that sucks.

[RO]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

[EN]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

0 0

Picco
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 12-01-2015 20:56)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 18-11-2014, 17:59:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tudor1297 wrote:

If we have 2 servers, then the population will split between the 2. Probably most of the players will play on the MoP realm, and the cataclysm one will have @500 players at peak time.

Believe me, that sucks.

I know. But it seems they're set now.
Maybe MoP will attract new players who will try cata too.
And yea if they split we're screwed. I was playing on exodus on main since may 2012, And it wasn't too bad. 2013 at nightime on exodus there was max 30 ppls on.

0 0

Shadowbane

[Sith Lord]

Post Posted: 18-11-2014, 22:12:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tudor1297 wrote:

Believe me, that sucks.

I'm willing to bet a lot of people will be wanting to play Cataclysm over MOP, you'd be surprised how many people left retail because of the MOP expansion to come here for Cataclysm.

Posturi unite automat, 18-11-2014, 22:12:21

Picco wrote:
tudor1297 wrote:

Believe me, that sucks.

I know. But it seems they're set now.
Maybe MoP will attract new players who will try cata too.
And yea if they split we're screwed. I was playing on exodus on main since may 2012, And it wasn't too bad. 2013 at nightime on exodus there was max 30 ppls on.

If WoW Freakz began spreading their advertisements effectively, I'm sure that you'd find that we'd get plenty of people who are looking for servers like this one.

1 0

ehsanvreeken

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-11-2014, 23:28:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shoot MoP is the reason i left retail.. many others too. heck i bet the private server communities are split 50/50 roughly between those that cant afford retail and those that left it because of certain Xpacs namely MoP aka the WoW killer... Need we remind people the loss of subs because of it besides two realms is a perk for cata as the kiddos will flock to their panda land dreams and leave us be

nice try creepers, this is mine
0 0

Blacken

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-01-2015 08:28)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 26-11-2014, 10:07:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's a bad idea to convert to MoP strictly. Sure MoP can attract people but fact is FreakZ was doing Cata before most servers attempted Cata. The majority of servers are doing MoP they are a dime a dozen now. The point i'm getting at is it won't be a niche market.

I played here for awhile when Cata first came out but eventually moved on to another WOTLK server because dungeons at the time didn't really run. However Freakz had an awesome raid finder system and eliminated a lot of the pointless time sinks which made me decided it was time to try here again and I'm surprised with all the great improvements, you guys did some great work.

Keeping a cata server means you lock in niche that the private server world is lacking a well run Cata server that does not have timesinks. Really the only Cata options right now are Freakz or Alantiss if you want 100% blizzlike cata server.

Think of it like the two big WOTLK servers Eternal (Freakz of Wotlk) and Daralan the 100 blizzlike WOTLK

On top of that the server is completed so you dont' need as much Dev attention.

MoP is also very different than Cata thanks to Timeless Isle. I tried a MoP server I personally hate MoP.

I imagine some folks will like it and other won't. Not much Cata servers exist once again it is a niche. I also played on a blizz like Cata server had it not shut down I would still be there. What draws me to Freakz over a pure blizzlike server is that i don't have to grind all those reps again. Plus I love the raid system you created.

Last edited by Blacken on 27-11-2014, 21:56:56; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 02-07-2024, 16:35:18
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password