User
Pass
2FA

Mop to Legion
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A
Author Message33646
Gospodbog15

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-09-2017 08:10)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:01:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Enable char transfer or copy char and you'll solve all the problems simple as that
0 0

[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-01-2017 20:11)

Votes: 7

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:02:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Oh so you deleted my post, you don't want to let others read what I said huh? You are scared about the truth, aren't you? Keep warning me, go ahead ban me, ain't gonna stop.
Keep abusing, who cares? You are the owner, noone can punish you.

Update @ 23-01-2017, 22:02:49

Keep 'em warnings coming man, really love them, wonder when will you ban me. Will that make you feel better big boy?

Staff message (Shocker):

I'll leave this post here so everyone else can see who's fault is it for this topic being trashed

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:03:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

pal0bre wrote:
Shocker wrote:
Hm?

Usually the realm server doesn't mess with the accounts database a whole lot, so I'm guessing the table for learned mounts,titles and pets are stored in the characters database.
This is me just guessing however and I would like to have an answer from someone who knows better.
Will we be able to use the mounts we learned on the mop realm on the legion realm? As in, account-wide mounts.
Current implementation doesn't allow this. However this is one of those subjects not fully decided, I was hoping this topic would help the decision, but as you can see above it doesn't

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

darkworld81
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-06-2017 09:31)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:11:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yes, there was some bugs and X topics about achiev lost or pet dissapeared, after they upgraded to another expansion. They try to avoid some problems, stop blaming and accept the terms. Keep in mind db was moved from wotlk to cata-> char bugs, cata to mop-> N topics about items lost, titles, achivs and other shits like that, it's a waste of time for the moment, they should focus on the content, class mechanics and more important things rather than give you a fking title or a achiev. You are here a hand of players crying for this things cuz we, the rest of us, don't care about such things, we just want to enjoy the new xpac, so stfu and let the devs and gms do their job, fixing the real problems. Are you still sad? Be gratefull cuz you will play the last xpac and nobody steal money from your pocket, it's f2p. :\
Don't think only at yourself, there are some reasons why it's like that and it's not like you want.

1 0

Doerdy

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-12-2017 22:04)

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:14:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@shockeru, you didn't answer my question a few pages earlier.

You said you have more devs for legion, but will there still be devs for mop? Sure pve seems to be the best scripted server around, but pvp could need some attention with class fixes aswell and im sure some people are scared that mop will just get left alone with legion.

0 0

Sunblade

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-02-2018 02:42)

Votes: 40

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:14:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
This is just like the "whenever a random problem appears, a random player says: close server until you fix the problem". Useless, but just posting there for the lulz

What the hell? I just gave you two basic rundowns of what could happen on this server if you apply either decision. If anything, your reply to my post is for the lulz and incredibly vaguely argumented.

Shocker wrote:
pal0bre wrote:
Shocker wrote:
Hm?

Usually the realm server doesn't mess with the accounts database a whole lot, so I'm guessing the table for learned mounts,titles and pets are stored in the characters database.
This is me just guessing however and I would like to have an answer from someone who knows better.
Will we be able to use the mounts we learned on the mop realm on the legion realm? As in, account-wide mounts.
Current implementation doesn't allow this. However this is one of those subjects not fully decided, I was hoping this topic would help the decision, but as you can see above it doesn't

This is a gamechanger. You could have spared us 5 pages of shitposting and said it in the beginning. If you can manage to enable account-wide achievements, mounts, titles, pets, cosmetics in general then I don't think leveling from 1-90 would be such a huge problem for anybody anymore. Also, donated transmog gear and such could also be sent to the newly created characters this way?

0 0

BeAsTX

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-10-2018 12:30)

Votes: 3

IulianLaur 
Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:21:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
pal0bre wrote:
Shocker wrote:
Hm?

Any clue right now for those 2 questions,
Will the characters from PTR server will move to the live server? or will they get wiped?
Also, will you keep the same XP rate, x5 - x10, or will the server have other rates?

Any clue on those or not decided yet?

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:25:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

BeAsTX wrote:
Shocker wrote:
pal0bre wrote:
Shocker wrote:
Hm?

Any clue right now for those 2 questions,
Will the characters from PTR server will move to the live server? or will they get wiped?

Any clue on those or not decided yet?
Why would you even ask this? Do you really need to hear that TEST CHARACTERS will get deleted? It should be OBVIOUS.

Doerdy wrote:
@shockeru, you didn't answer my question a few pages earlier.

You said you have more devs for legion, but will there still be devs for mop? Sure pve seems to be the best scripted server around, but pvp could need some attention with class fixes aswell and im sure some people are scared that mop will just get left alone with legion.
MoP will still have devs, I will also work on MoP too every now and then. Probably at first the focus will be on legion, but once hype cools off, they'll both receive steady fixes

Sunblade wrote:

Shocker wrote:
pal0bre wrote:
Shocker wrote:
Hm?

This is a gamechanger. You could have spared us 5 pages of shitposting and said it in the beginning. If you can manage to enable account-wide achievements, mounts, titles, pets, cosmetics in general then I don't think leveling from 1-90 would be such a huge problem for anybody anymore. Also, donated transmog gear and such could also be sent to the newly created characters this way?
What you're saying there is mostly a copy char without naming it char copy.
Each of those is implemented in a totally different way (achievements, mounts, titles, pets, items). And on top of that, the implementation between the 2 expansions is also different (for items the difference is extreme, have you seen how item system got TOTALLY changed in legion?). One of the MANY reasons for the fresh realm is this, structural diffrence
But it's also the fact that a fresh realm will give MANY MORE PLAYERS A BETTER FEELING, ESPECIALLY NEW PLAYERS. Yes, few old players will be outraged, but A LOT of other players will be pleased. Read this topic (and others like this one), lots of players have also confirmed a new fresh realm is exciting.
Bottom line, full character transfer IS OUT OF DISCUSSION and this decision is final. Partial is still in debate, but don't get your hopes up too much. I personally consider fresh realm the best idea, and keep in mind I'm considering the whole server, not just my own interests like most of you guys are doing.

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
2 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:27:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

TFW when you open notifications and see this : http://i.imgur.com/V6DQxvo.png , that escalated weirdly. Good ridance .32 you will be missed, and pissed.

darkworld81 wrote:
Yes, there was some bugs and X topics about achiev lost or pet dissapeared, after they upgraded to another expansion. They try to avoid some problems, stop blaming and accept the terms. Keep in mind db was moved from wotlk to cata-> char bugs, cata to mop-> N topics about items lost, titles, achivs and other shits like that, it's a waste of time for the moment, they should focus on the content, class mechanics and more important things rather than give you a fking title or a achiev. You are here a hand of players crying for this things cuz we, the rest of us, don't care about such things, we just want to enjoy the new xpac, so stfu and let the devs and gms do their job, fixing the real problems. Are you still sad? Be gratefull cuz you will play the last xpac and nobody steal money from your pocket, it's f2p. :\
Don't think only at yourself, there are some reasons why it's like that and it's not like you want.

You get it wrong or you try to lick some asses, gently said (jk). There's no blaming to begin with but an incomprehension, secondly i wasn't there years ago when they proceeded to move on to a new xpac so i didn't know stuff went south, ty for letting me know.

What we earned here, either by donation (not my case, tbh) or steady farming, it kinda built an identity for everyone of us. You definitely don't end up the same person if you lived your whole life in the US than you would have in the most isolated place of the world. I for one, acclimated to Freakz community and universe for a year, got confident this server was safe and trust worthy enough to begin farming stuff because i know how volatile private servers can be if not managed well. I spent time on it, i can definitely start over but definetely not on a realm belonging to the very server that forced me to chose between past and new identity.

3 0

Sunblade

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-02-2018 02:42)

Votes: 40

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:38:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
But it's also the fact that a fresh realm will give MANY MORE PLAYERS A BETTER FEELING

If I could speak for the people I know, I would say BITTER...

In any case, what is considered a partial character transfer?

0 0

darkworld81
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-06-2017 09:31)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 22:44:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sadly you don't speak romanian and see that by yourself, the thing is that: I understand. Funny fact, when I'm not by your side is called *** liking. A ex gm talked about the db transfer in a romanian topic, I understood and a guy asked here something about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the most enthusiastic man for that, but I'm agree with the terms and I can let in the past my chars and start a new one, I'm gratefull cuz I can play a updated xpac, you should be the same. Oh, also, I'm here for 5-6 years and I can leave my chars, I know you can do that too and that's the first time when they do that, I'm convinced they have reasons.
0 0

norbert.pls
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-08-2018 16:58)

Votes: 213

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 23:00:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I won't bother quoting, but as stated before, if everyone were to start from 0, the first thing the devs should ensure is that the leveling content is going to be player-friendly when there are masses going through it. What I mean is that npc's spawn at a rate that is direct proportional with the amount of players in the certain area. Otherwise would be just a horrible experience trying to level up.

Electric Warlock Acid Witch
Legion Guide - Destruction Warlock in PVE
Legion Guide - Restoration Shaman in PVE

1 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 23-01-2017, 23:11:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

darkworld81 wrote:
Sadly you don't speak romanian and see that by yourself, the thing is that: I understand. Funny fact, when I'm not by your side is called *** liking. A ex gm talked about the db transfer, I understood and a guy asked here something about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the most enthusiastic man for that, but I'm agree with the terms and I can let in the past my chars and start a new one, I'm gratefull cuz I can play a updated xpac, you should be the same. Oh, also, I'm here for 5-6 years and I can leave my chars, I know you can do that too and that's the first time when they do that with reasons.

You didn't see the "jk". -

People don't react the same when confronted to a same "challenge". You may be ok with it but to me it's dealbreaking.
Freakz insist on providing the best experience possible, my experience in a near future will be severely affected by a specific decision so i legitimately came here to ask why so and if other possibilities were conceivable and, why not, preferrable over the current decision. Yes it's selfish but i think it's a right i posess to express my concerns about it. So far i don't think i've been trying to make everyone rally to my side, however some were slightly too much straight forward in their line of thoughts so i tried to break down their arguments and explain what i think they didn't get fully right, with respect.

And to prove my goodwill, i think starting over could be great for one reason i care very much about : bug tracking. The more player getting through a said area the better the chance are that a bug of variable importance (comestic, exploitable, etc) will be discovered. I also think it'll be great to increase low level dungeon queue times or even create a twink community to a weird chain of event based extent. But this is not what i came on freakz for, maybe right now i'm too pissed to even realize this is a trivial matter or maybe not. In fact, you can check my profile and see i have 10 chars, not all of them are 90 but it clearly indicates i don't really have an issue with starting over, just starting over from scratch with nothing previously earned in my bag is the issue i'm concerned about.

2 0

troncho

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-02-2018 19:32)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 00:24:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
.... a fresh realm will give MANY MORE PLAYERS A BETTER FEELING, ESPECIALLY NEW PLAYERS. Yes, few old players will be outraged, but A LOT of other players will be pleased. Read this topic (and others like this one), lots of players have also confirmed a new fresh realm is exciting.
Bottom line, full character transfer IS OUT OF DISCUSSION and this decision is final.

Partial is still in debate, but don't get your hopes up too much. I personally consider fresh realm the best idea, and keep in mind I'm considering the whole server, not just my own interests like most of you guys are doing.

as an old player, you are right, im outraged. and very sad. I've actually gone thru something like this on another server, although at least you are being upfront about your change of focus. the other server just created some crisis and destroyed a whole database so they can focus on an older expansion.

but anyway...

as a player who has donated money for mounts and pets (and the insane title), i ask you shocker: do you want me to donate again for those same mounts and pets (and the insane title) I have on mop, so i could still have them on legion?

p.s. i really like my enchanted fey dragon

0 0

necromancer92

[esoteric]

(since 05-03-2021 11:30)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 00:56:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Look at the bigger picture - read about private servers on other platforms and what the playerbase usually wants and is attracted to.
Players want progression and competition. Mind u, this is going to be a Legion server and its demand is even higher cos it's up to date content.
Look at the success of WotLK servers when w****** opened a fresh new realm with progression, thousands upon thousands flocked to their server.

Also @Erudax
if u r triggered by my posts address it here or via pm, there's no need to delete them cos u r just proving me right

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 24 January 2017 18:47

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next    

The time now is 28-04-2024, 14:51:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x