User
Pass
2FA

Mop to Legion
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A
Author Message33537
prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2018 16:47)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 15:48:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

necromancer92 wrote:
@prashanth123
Has it ever occurred to u how demanding and time consuming coding all of that is? R u the one who's going to do all of that for them?

Did u even bother to check out the video? Look at how many core things they have alrdy scripted and it's not even out yet.
B4 telling me to stop posting and trying to silence some1 for having an opinion that doesn't comply with ur cringe entitled views, can't u for once appreciate the fact they're willing to go thru all of this just to provide u with up to date content? FOR FREE

Do u rly think ppl who play on Freakz for the sake of playing games and having a fun time cry wolf and ragequit every time a decision is made that goes against their principles? No1 would be playing on private servers if every1 was such an uptight ***. Don't be that guy.

Since u r taking it too personally , lemme make a few things clear for u...
I, consider and as per many irl who know me , as an upright critic . I throw out my opinions as they are and blutantly..
Even for me, this is THE BEST server i've ever played..When dodgykebab announced the reward, i couldnt agree more...Since he was more than 100% right..
I can completely understand the work devs are putting in and none is undermining them in this post... Infact everyone of us salute them for their excellent work..

But has it ever occurred to u how much " demanding and time consuming ( ur own words )" for us to re-achieve our char stats? This isnt a matter of who is superior or inferior , but its about saving one's interest..

Talking from my personal experience , i have seen many P.servers opening new realms without giving a chance for continuity for its beloved players and the results were catastrophic and "divided"...As appealing as it may seem to make it fresh but trust me, in long run players get bored doing the same stuff again and again..This is just not for a gaming community but also in real life...People need some sort of incentives and motivation to try out new things....They need to see a reason to try out our new realm ( why do u think Server Migration perk for instant level 85 is available still in freakz website? )..
As great the script maybe , but even we need advertisement to prove our point to outside world..If Shocker kept quiet without advertising , will people try the server? No ! And even when people try , server needs veteran players...If it needs veteran players , they need incentives !
Such is this incentive !!

And lastly , be it you or anyone, donot talk about donations or Free gaming....it is illogical to bring business as a point of debate into a community such as this....Leave money out of this....We have something valuable in our chars and we wish to retain it...If not completely, atleast a part of it!!

p.s : If shocker sees a complete fresh start is the best idea , i dont know about others, but i will surely try out the new incoming realm and coax my friends to play to....but it will be really really really nice if we had an option to by-pass all the old stuff we already did...Im out of this discussion as i can already feel admins have made some good decisions and awaiting their positive announcements in the future....

0 0

necromancer92

[esoteric]

(since 05-03-2021 11:30)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 16:41:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Jesus dude u r a living cringe fest. Lay off wow or get laid, u r hysterical xD

If u so much respect this server why not respect their decision and for once stop arguing from this "I have no life other than wow" perspective?
Stop bullying them to satisfy ur selfcentered needs. Transferring characters is not just a simple copy/paste process, u r talking about skipping to 2 expansions forward where things have drastically changed. Just imagine how many things can go wrong...

And no, fresh new realms do well, it's just the owners who promise like no donations or no vote points rewards, and ppl failing to realise some1 has to keep these servers running cos it ain't free.

"taking it too personally" nah sorry u r just too good not to pass up booyah

1 0

Lightftw

[God of Light]

(since 13-11-2022 20:04)

Votes: 16

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 17:45:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

at least mounts/pets and achiev transfer,i would be happy with that
2 0

darkworld81
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-06-2017 09:31)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 17:58:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's a new fresh start, this is a good decision for most of us. Let's be onest, how many exploited on PVE? A lot of guilds abused some bugs for firsts, loots and so on, it's bad cuz we can't see that anymore, ban reports aren't visible anymore.
Also, PvP side, a lot of guys abused some bugs like death coil glyph bug in mop for example, players with 1.5k mmr in cata had 3k rate in mop and they are brain deads, rogues with 2.5k in the old seasons cuz they abused killing spree bug and there a lot of examples... About the HK top, there was some guys banned cuz they exploited a hk bug and so on...
Don't get me wrong, I know there is a large amount of players who got fair their achievs, but also a good part of player abused some bugs and don't reported them, they used major exploits for their own and got some benefits from it and such things was used everywhere, same happend with the pvp tournament- 300$ gz :\
About the db transfer, I hope @magnus you read my pm. Guys, just use search function and check it by yourself and see the problems we had after cata->mop chars transfer; I will leave here some topics if you don't want to check it.
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/COMPLETED-PVP-title-recover-t444546.html - "Item Name & ID:titles Challenger, Rival, Duelist, Gladiator, Merciless Gladiator, Vengeful Gladiator, Hero of the Alliance. "
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Missing-mount-t427139.html - "had this mount on multiple characters on same account back on cataclysm that were won in PvP events and now since we are on MOP that mount should be account wide. "
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Quel-Delar-s-quest-chain-t401119.html -quest bug "And after my char was inported to MoP, the required item was gone from my inventory. //I tryed to go to the quest giver to try to abandon/re-accept but after abandoning he didn't have any quest to guive. "
And there are a lot of examples
I'm totally for anti migration mop-> legion chars, I prefer to get a spell fix than a item/pet/mount/achiev lost, they should work on scripts for boss mechanics and things like that, not for a db transfer.
I'm curious, if the things go wrong and the chars are just partially transfered, X will make a new post "x lost that after transfer", but there will be and Y yelling "my spell isn't working", why?
You guys, prefer a shinny pixel rather than a decent game-play? We pushing them to do useless things, it's a waste of time, they should focus on other things, like giving you a decent server with a minimiun amount of bugs.

Last edited by darkworld81 on 24-01-2017, 18:00:28; edited 1 time in total
4 1

Erudax

[Spear of the Church]

(since 08-09-2022 17:57)

Votes: 211

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 17:59:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

necromancer92 wrote:
Jesus dude u r a living cringe fest. Lay off wow or get laid, u r hysterical xD

You say cringe, then "xD". Yea, that's cringe right there.

necromancer92 wrote:
If u so much respect this server why not respect their decision and for once stop arguing from this "I have no life other than wow" perspective?

Because he doesn't have the same "I'm a casual" mentality as you do. People like to spend a lot (or most) of their time on games and that's perfectly fine, it's their decision. You've gotta learn and accept other people's point of view, not shove your point into their face.

Now to answer the topic as a player (not a GM):
Starting from scratch again is a good idea (even tho I hate leveling), but players who worked on their characters shouldn't have all of their work suddenly dissapear. Partial transfers (at least mounts and pets, maybe achievements if time permits) should be a thing. Even cosmetics (remember those helms you got from the last event?) to a certain degree. Complete transfers are incredibly hard to pull off, and even then gamebreaking bugs might appear. Maybe by some random chance a bunch of passives were missing and now your character is useless and unplayable. What then? Plus you wouldn't have any advantage over new players, only some flashy and incredibly rare mount, or some unobtainable companion.
This is kind of the middle ground. It's better than having nothing but worse than having your full character.

3 0

necromancer92

[esoteric]

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 18:05:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Erudax u delete posts when u get triggered so yeah dont tell me about shoving my opinions onto some1 else.
I laughed at the hysterical part, god damn, do u even read or know what hysterical means?

0 0

Erudax

[Spear of the Church]

(since 08-09-2022 17:57)

Votes: 211

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 18:07:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

No, I deleted your post so you don't trigger ANY MORE persons and hopefully stop the drama.
Are you done with your shitposting and can this topic run its course? Yes?

1 0

necromancer92

[esoteric]

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 18:24:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@darkworld81
Props to common sense. an example of reasoned and well argued point of view

@Erudax
if u wanna play that game im happy to tag along. get off ur high horse

0 0

Olopa

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-06-2021 11:00)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 18:27:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Erudax wrote:
Starting from scratch again is a good idea (even tho I hate leveling), but players who worked on their characters shouldn't have all of their work suddenly dissapear. Partial transfers (at least mounts and pets, maybe achievements if time permits) should be a thing. Even cosmetics (remember those helms you got from the last event?) to a certain degree. Complete transfers are incredibly hard to pull off, and even then gamebreaking bugs might appear. Maybe by some random chance a bunch of passives were missing and now your character is useless and unplayable. What then? Plus you wouldn't have any advantage over new players, only some flashy and incredibly rare mount, or some unobtainable companion.
This is kind of the middle ground. It's better than having nothing but worse than having your full character.

Best answer so far. I know full transfer its almost impossible, so i agree that starting at level 1 and keep the things that wont really impact the game (pets, mounts, etc) is a nice middle ground -

2 0

Wedinn

[Retired]

(since 27-03-2023 16:11)

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 18:30:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

necromancer92 wrote:
@darkworld81
Props to common sense. an example of reasoned and well argued point of view

@Erudax
if u wanna play that game im happy to tag along. get off ur high horse

There is no point in perpetuating this conflict, as it derails the thread. As Erudax said, it would be wiser to let the discussion continue, as there probably are a lot of unheard arguments waiting to be made that the staff can consider.

Wedinn
Former Game Master & Discord Community Manager
(January 2017 - February 2018)

Last edited by Wedinn on 24-01-2017, 18:51:34; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Lorne

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-03-2017 02:37)

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 18:33:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't even see the need for going Legion.

MoP is still far from finished. Probably needs years of active development (phasing for example).

Some class bugs have been around since the start of MoP, which was nearly 2 years ago. I understand it's a private server and bugs will exist, but most core class mechanics need to be working in order to have a good experience on any server.

Mechanics > content. This goes for both PvE and PvP.

Going Legion will be a setback in this regard, and when the next Blizz expansion comes along, this cycle will only repeat itself.

0 0

kyzz

[Spargator de Buci :)]

(since 26-02-2017 22:45)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 19:57:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i have a question: if the character will not transfer on new legion realm, i hope all achievements will work, old instances and dungeons like full fireland,icc,ulduard,etc. to farm mounts and transmog ? -

Amintirile sunt bijuterii de mult pierdute !

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 24-01-2017, 20:47:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'm closing the topic. I'll create a poll (for partial transfers, full no chance) later tonight or tomorrow + some other minor stuffs. Hopefully that should satisfy many players. I'm sorry but obviously there is no way to satisfy everyone

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
4 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 25-01-2017, 03:26:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/view-post-5427034.html

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 24 January 2017 18:47

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Q & A  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9    

The time now is 24-04-2024, 05:16:15
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x